rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its a giving my22 well be pushed back Ford has not lets us down yet have they .I have a 8/23/20 reservation and sent in my22 order but I did not take it serious because I dont think I get mine in 2022 anyway sense Ford still working on first day reservation and i did not give the salemen a hand job like some are trying to do to pick me.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not always horseshit. Ford gave me a 12/6 VIN on 9/30. Then mid-October Ford sent me emails telling me to prepare to reorder for MY 2022. I asked my dealer what was up- he said no I was still 2021 for a week before he learned I had been bumped out of 2021.
If you got the information from Ford, maybe, but if it came from your dealership... I would not be so trusting.

I caught 2 dealerships doing this last week. Both orders were still valid... If the VIN was cancelled, let me know what the VIN number was, I would like to see if that is really the case now.

OP
OP
Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
They have pulled back 2021 VINS. I had a 12/6 VIN and had to reorder for MY 2022.

First I received emails from Ford saying get ready to reorder and then after about a week of my dealer saying no youre still MY 2021, he confirmed I was bumped.
Interesting. I'm actually hoping this happens to me as well since they added a full 6 new colors to the Base model. I would have 99'd after that announcement, but they had already told me hard tops would be MY22 so I didn't bother, then got the surprise 12/6 build week email on 9/30. I wish there was some way for me to volunteer for the bump so someone who wants a MY21 can keep their spot.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. I'm actually hoping this happens to me as well since they added a full 6 new colors to the Base model. I would have 99'd after that announcement, but they had already told me hard tops would be MY22 so I didn't bother, then got the surprise 12/6 build week email on 9/30. I wish there was some way for me to volunteer for the bump so someone who wants a MY21 can keep their spot.
I took advantage and went with the bigger engine with the reorder. Im enjoying having no car payment. I had so much equity in my lease I sold my car and we’re doing fine with just my wife’s Lincoln and in emergencies I drive my dad’s dinosaur Mercury wagon. Just sucks that I got excited for a Christmas present and it’s gone with no explanation.

Last edited:

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you got the information from Ford, maybe, but if it came from your dealership... I would not be so trusting.

I caught 2 dealerships doing this last week. Both orders were still valid... If the VIN was cancelled, let me know what the VIN number was, I would like to see if that is really the case now.
Ford told me first via emails telling me to prepare to reorder for MY 2022. Ive never received an email saying “sorry but we over estimated and will not be able to build your vehicle for this model year.” Which is frustrating.

my dealer, for about week after I received the first reorder email from Ford, still had me MY 2021. Then his order system was finally updated

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford told me first via emails telling me to prepare to reorder for MY 2022. Ive never received an email saying “sorry but we over estimated and will not be able to build your vehicle for this model year.” Which is frustrating.

my dealer, for about week after I received the first reorder email from Ford, still had me MY 2021. Then his order system was finally updated
Ok, but without knowing the VIN, there's no way to know whether or not that "cancelled" VIN is or is not being built. What I am trying to find is proof that Ford is actually cancelling VINs.

OP
OP
Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, but without knowing the VIN, there's no way to know whether or not that "cancelled" VIN is or is not being built. What I am trying to find is proof that Ford is actually cancelling VINs.
I'm sure there are a few dealers dumb enough to try and pull the "your vin got cancelled" trick, but it seems like it would never work since Ford would email the customer directly about the Bronco being built and delivered. As soon as one of those emails came in, the customer could just cancel their new 22 order and get their Bronco from the dealership.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure there are a few dealers dumb enough to try and pull the "your vin got cancelled" trick, but it seems like it would never work since Ford would email the customer directly about the Bronco being built and delivered. As soon as one of those emails came in, the customer could just cancel their new 22 order and get their Bronco from the dealership.
That depends on what Ford dealerships can change under an order (for instance, can they change the email address)?
Sponsored