First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be cool if there was. but I don't think it will happen.
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
In short.... No. Not in the current development cycle.
How long before the bronco get replaced with a new version? Jeep wrangler goes 10+ years between redesigns.

The longer longer a platform is out the more the aftermarket builds.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet you bought the Escalade. 🤔
Yeah, I liked it better overall and could be had for a better deal...but the point was the comparison with Lincoln and Lexus. Lincoln crushes it at the high level with SUVs.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is Jeep in the same class? $100k for a lowly Jeep.

2022 Jeep Wagoneer
No. But, Jeep is going has one thing right… separating the Wagoneer brand.

I think the Wagoneer would have a better shot at success if they paid some homage to the original with the wood paneling. That would at least elicit the emotional response that might make someone drop $100K. Because, let’s face it… for most of us, buying a $100k+ vehicle is an emotional decision. Not a practical one. A high school friend of mine just had to let go of his Wagoneer of 25 years. It was still a cool rig and everyone was so sad to see it go.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it is more likely the top-tier Bronco and/or Lincoln variant would be built on a totally different platform. Ford won't be able to help themselves and will need to challenge the Hummer and Cybertruck with an off-road EV

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that's a yes AND no answer to that question depending on how you look at it. Because the Bronco is based on the Ranger and is modular in it's design, Ford very well could base a new SUV off it's platform; some pretty good suggestions already up here like a hybrid and a G-Wagon competitor.

BUT, Ford also wants to build the Bronco brand with possibly/hopefully a truck like the Gladiator and a Raptor and... Plus the Bronco Sport and the Maverick are based on the Escape and they appear to be building a stable of horses; so probably no on THE Bronco going to Lincoln.

So using the platform to build something different for Lincoln could/should happen from an architecture point of view, but I think they want to make the Bronco a sub-brand of Ford's.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I doubt it. The Bronco platform really doesn’t lend itself to what Ford is attempting to make Lincoln into.

I would trade my ‘15 Expedition EL in on a newer Navigator L in a heartbeat however if I wasn’t already getting the Bronco to replace the JK. They are really very nice.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Thankfully most off roaders I've met aren't like you and are enthusiastic about all rigs that are taken out on the trails.
You probably think of yourself as a "car guy", but you can't appreciate cars other than the kind you own. I think that makes you the D-bag, and not the guy "with whatever Mercedes".

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Uhhh No….slap Lincoln on it and call it a bronco. That’s not heritage, that doesn’t do the icon any Justice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. But, Jeep is going has one thing right… separating the Wagoneer brand.

I think the Wagoneer would have a better shot at success if they paid some homage to the original with the wood paneling. That would at least elicit the emotional response that might make someone drop $100K. Because, let’s face it… for most of us, buying a $100k+ vehicle is an emotional decision. Not a practical one. A high school friend of mine just had to let go of his Wagoneer of 25 years. It was still a cool rig and everyone was so sad to see it go.
There's the aftermarket for wood paneling. Just like that Ford dealer who retro-painted an F150. (Or is this something Ford offered? I don't know...)

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1132554_turn-back-time-with-this-retro-2021-ford-f-150

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be interested in a wagon bodied luxury 4x4 based off the Ranger/Bronco/Everest chassis from Lincoln. I'm not sure I'll use the removable top/doors of the Bronco. It would be a natural competitor to the Mercedes G Class.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Ford has pretty much dumped making sedans because the buying public is not into them anymore..there is a great chance for a Lincoln version of the Bronco. The 2021 Lincoln Aviator is a beautiful automobile ..got chance to drive one, tons of power and luxury is incredible. This is what Lincoln should strive for throughout its brand.

Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 219898A0-B0EE-4CE4-9B1E-97E188812CA7

GM did a good job with the Cadillac XLR based off the corvette..people are hoping for a new version based off the C8.

If done right, and Lincoln uses the Bronco platform but doesn’t use its body or interior (creating a whole new look) ..could be a winner.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Ford has pretty much dumped making sedans because the buying public is not into them anymore..there is a great chance for a Lincoln version of the Bronco. The 2021 Lincoln Aviator is a beautiful automobile ..got chance to drive one, tons of power and luxury is incredible. This is what Lincoln should strive for throughout its brand.

Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 219898A0-B0EE-4CE4-9B1E-97E188812CA7

GM did a good job with the Cadillac XLR based off the corvette..people are hoping for a new version based off the C8.

If done right, and Lincoln uses the Bronco platform but doesn’t use its body or interior (creating a whole new look) ..could be a winner.
Yes, here's an older rendering of what the new Everest might look like. Wrap that in Lincoln styling with a Lincoln interior and I'd be interested. Especially with a 'Sasquatch' package, or at least an easy aftermarket upgrade with Bronco suspension bits.
Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 1623677253793

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Introducing the All-New 2022 Lincoln BRONAVIGATOR 😎
Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 8F3AEA12-3264-4220-A242-9FEB97C4CE96
Sponsored