2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a wrangler but a jeep grand cherokee can have a hidden winch, ACC camera in lower front fascia, front parking sensors & front camera. Only thing it doesnt have is the 360 camera.

And it has the same ground clearance as a BL.
Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a wrangler but a jeep grand cherokee can have a hidden winch, ACC camera in lower front fascia, front parking sensors & front camera. Only thing it doesnt have is the 360 camera.

And it has the same ground clearance as a BL.
You are right... it is not a Wrangler. Other manufacturers, including Ford, have vehicles that can accommodate hiding a winch with tech features intact. It all comes down to design, tech, and engineering choices made by the manufacturer.

It comes down to this... the Bronco's overall design, tech, and engineering choices may create a conflict if you want to add a winch to your build. Individuals opting for High and Lux Packages may or may not have some issues.

I very much doubt a Grand Cherokee has the same ground clearance as a Badlands... lowest GC on the Bronco is 8.3"(4 door/Base/30" tires) and highest is 11.6"(2 door/35" tires). Badlands has 33" tires. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway because my off-road vehicle must be body-on-frame at the very least.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are right... it is not a Wrangler. Other manufacturers, including Ford, have vehicles that can accommodate hiding a winch with tech features intact. It all comes down to design, tech, and engineering choices made by the manufacturer.

It comes down to this... the Bronco's overall design, tech, and engineering choices may create a conflict if you want to add a winch to your build. Individuals opting for High and Lux Packages may or may not have some issues.

I very much doubt a Grand Cherokee has the same ground clearance as a Badlands... lowest GC on the Bronco is 8.3"(4 door/Base/30" tires) and highest is 11.6"(2 door/35" tires). Badlands has 33" tires. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, the ground clearance comment is ignorant. While the Trailhawk does advertise 10.8”....they are not in the same ballpark. The entire underside of that Grand Cherokee is low slung. It looks flat. Real world it has WAY less clearance than any Bronco....even though minimum is listed as the same as Badlands without Sasquatch. Yes, GC has smaller diffs to measure to...so can flash a good number. You can’t shrink a Dana 44...the goofy Grand Cherokee is the same ground clearance as Rubicon too for the same reason. Only way to raise that number is with bigger tires, since low point on those is measured to the bottom of the diff.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while I hope a hidden in front bumper solution will show up, I doubt it's possible if you have high/lux with the cameras, there really doesn't seem to be any room behind the bumper for such a big item. Best is I think a camera relocation with change in programming for the 360 view, which should be included in a menu option instead of having to go to the dealer for an update - well, ideally. Winch installed and camera relocated with factory kit? Click yes here. Should not be all that complicated.

Any bumper with hidden winch would just extend too far out and change approach angle in ways I'd not want.

For now I still think for me a front receiver and a winch on a hitch mounted plate will be the best solution, can attach it front or back, and when not out wheeling (the majority of time sadly, no trails anywhere near) I don't have to carry that heavy and kind of ugly thing around with me on the front. As long as I can still lift it.

But I'll keep a close eye on the aftermarket, see what smart things they might come up with. I'd never re-arrange anything but the camera though, no coolers or what ever else his right behind the bumper. I'll most likely never find myself in a situation where a winch is the only thing that can save me. in that case I'd just have to call for help and eat the cost. Since I'll have sat communication with me anyways, it won't be the end of the world.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those interested.. HF has their 20% coupon that expires today... that CAN be used toward there Badland Apex 12000lb synthetic line winch... take $120 off the cost ... Im pieceing together parts, and since this one allows you to relocate the solenoid.. im going to try this with the 4WP bumper when it's available in hopes that the camera isnt 'too' obscured.. :)

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those interested.. HF has their 20% coupon that expires today... that CAN be used toward there Badland Apex 12000lb synthetic line winch... take $120 off the cost ... Im pieceing together parts, and since this one allows you to relocate the solenoid.. im going to try this with the 4WP bumper when it's available in hopes that the camera isnt 'too' obscured.. :)
most likely the winch I'll buy eventually, looking forward to your install if it works out!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I made that disclaimer because I assumed people would think I was trying to be a jackass when I‘m really wanting to have a serious conversation.

You raise a good a point, but I guess my point was not well communicated or got lost. My point was that if you’re relying on a winch to “save you” regularly, you’re doing it wrong. Or in other words, theres something wrong with your judgement if every outing you need “saving”. If it’s saving you occasionally, or that 1 time, that’s great. That’s a good reason to have a winch.

I’m not anti-winch. I just think some people may be inclined to be more reckless or exercise poor judgement bevause they can always pull themselves out with the winch. If you’re smart, you’ll have a winch and never need it.
Ever think you're the one 'doing it wrong'? Not pushing the limits of your skills to become more proficient?
I guarantee you, if you only learn how to play Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano and practiced that one song for 10 years, you'd still not become a concert pianist.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone thought of the other answer? Make a winch that is just as capable yet fits the Bronco package? My guess they look so bulk now because they always have and they need to fit a wide range of vehicles.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That has been mentioned. The lower profile winches with remote solenoids will definitely help. They are barely bigger than the spool of cable on them.
Might not be perfect, but would at least be better since they are no where near as tall

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ever think you're the one 'doing it wrong'? Not pushing the limits of your skills to become more proficient?
I guarantee you, if you only learn how to play Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano and practiced that one song for 10 years, you'd still not become a concert pianist.
Pushing your limits is great. Exceeding them constantly is unwise.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pushing your limits is great. Exceeding them constantly is unwise.
Using a winch to clear an obstacle is exceeding your limits? Seems like a fairly 'low bar' definition of limits.
Huh. I guess we're all different and have different levels of acceptable risk to our rigs. Blanket statements like, if you use your winch all the time you're doing it wrong, are ignorant and rude.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using a winch to clear an obstacle is exceeding your limits? Seems like a fairly 'low bar' definition of limits.
Huh. I guess we're all different and have different levels of acceptable risk to our rigs. Blanket statements like, if you use your winch all the time you're doing it wrong, are ignorant and rude.
I think you may be missing the original context of this side-bar discussion which is not questioning whether a winch is helpful or necessary but whether it's a replacement for good judgement.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you may be missing the original context of this side-bar discussion which is not questioning whether a winch is helpful or necessary but whether it's a replacement for good judgement.
So now you are the arbiter of good judgement? Or is it the appropriate amount of times you should use your winch? Ignorant and patronizing.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who was arguing that it is a "replacement for good judgement"? I just saw your pompous responses....

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apologize to everyone in this thread for coming across as patronizing, pompous, or ignorant. That wasn't my intent. My intent was to have a discussion about whether having a winch prompts more reckless behaviour than not having one. But it came across wrong. I regret bringing it up.

-Chris.
Sponsored