Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made a service appointment, scrambled to get it to the dealer, and then the window of course starts working as soon as they look at it.

They are going to check for any software updates to the modules. Will keep you posted.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Made a service appointment, scrambled to get it to the dealer, and then the window of course starts working as soon as they look at it.

They are going to check for any software updates to the modules. Will keep you posted.
Yes please keep this updated. All my windows have the shake when opening, some worse than others. Drives me absolutely nuts. Horrible design and implementation.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They just reprogrammed all of the modules and then sent me on my way. The technician was surprised how much the windows catch and shutter when opening the doors, but there isnā€™t much he can do about that. Itā€™s a poor design or implementation not a defect or service issue.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can tell by the comments here the ones that have never owned a convertible.@!

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe try again, I had this problem and it worked for me. But mine was front, not back window!
I had it on a second window and this time it worked. I had to try it several times but it eventually worked.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I know is every Tesla I have ever ridden in the drop down feature works great and is very smooth. The problem seems to have two parts. Number one, the drop is programmed too slow, needs to happen sooner and faster. Number two, the four door didn't come with the touch sensitive door handles on the back and therefore will never be fixed on them. Ford could definetly fix the fronts with a software update. As soon as your hand touches the handles the drop sequence should begin.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I know is every Tesla I have ever ridden in the drop down feature works great and is very smooth. The problem seems to have two parts. Number one, the drop is programmed too slow, needs to happen sooner and faster. Number two, the four door didn't come with the touch sensitive door handles on the back and therefore will never be fixed on them. Ford could definetly fix the fronts with a software update. As soon as your hand touches the handles the drop sequence should begin.
Is that how the Teslaā€™s work? They drop on touch?

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that how the Teslaā€™s work? They drop on touch?
I got in one a few days ago and I tested it like 5 times. I really couldn't pin it down what made the action so fast and smooth. Seemed like touch to me because they were down before you could start pulling open the door. They work great. The idea is awesome, Ford's execution was terrible.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had it on a second window and this time it worked. I had to try it several times but it eventually worked.
Im thinking that when I fine-tune, or over-adjust the up/down window switch, it somehow loses its memory. I expect that I may have to reset the memory of all 4 switches from time to time!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good point, they only drop as the door is pulled open should drop BEFORE the door opens. But then, what motion would move the glass back up?

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dadā€™s 94 Mustang GT convertible would catch if you opened the door too fast.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point, they only drop as the door is pulled open should drop BEFORE the door opens. But then, what motion would move the glass back up?
Releasing the touch?
Sponsored