First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have Llumar Air Blue 80 on the windshield without any issue.
Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be from extreme UV- do you live in an area with a ridiculous amount of sunlight? Maybe your experience is from years ago, or you're using very low quality tint, or your installer didn't clean the glass properly or, you didn't use tint safe cleaner. It could also be any combination of these.

Just my thoughts.
I live in South Florida. I bought the car with tint already on it, but I believe it was a 3M tint. My blurry tint is a recent experience: I just replaced the tint 6 months ago with 3M color safe. I always use a window cleaner designed for tinted windows (both before and after the replacement).

Maybe the sun plus cheap tint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Damien21

Damien21

First Edition
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A4, 2013 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It could be from extreme UV- do you live in an area with a ridiculous amount of sunlight? Maybe your experience is from years ago, or you're using very low quality tint, or your installer didn't clean the glass properly or, you didn't use tint safe cleaner. It could also be any combination of these.

Just my thoughts.
Live in San Diego. Past experience was with 3M Crystalline and installer is IMO best in San Diego, I drive 30-minutes to use them. Unfortunately, not any combo of those. I'm more used to it now, but still not great. I wish Ford placed their sensors outside, like most European manufacturers or didn't just re-use the Ranger sensor, but I understand, it's a unique issue.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
55 is as dark as a windshield should be IMO. Been doing 55 on all our trucks with no issues

Ford Bronco Window & Windshield Tint Caution 3F21FBB9-603C-4288-95B9-57FE51FC09B9

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Personally, I'd never tint my windshield. I noticed the side window tint in my car started to get a bit blurry before I replaced it. I wouldn't feel like I'm being a responsible driver driving around at night with tint that is starting to blur everything in front of me.
You’re right, you wouldn’t be a responsible driver with a blurry windshield …. But High quality tint and a good installation isn’t blurry. I’ve never had tint get blurry.

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ended up with 20% on 2 front windows to match the rear, wish I would have went a little lighter.

Ford Bronco Window & Windshield Tint Caution 20211011_171253

DrewPeakoc

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Live in San Diego. Past experience was with 3M Crystalline and installer is IMO best in San Diego, I drive 30-minutes to use them. Unfortunately, not any combo of those. I'm more used to it now, but still not great. I wish Ford placed their sensors outside, like most European manufacturers or didn't just re-use the Ranger sensor, but I understand, it's a unique issue.
Sorry- I was talking to another guy about his blurry tint. I'm following this thread though because I always tint the windshield. Maybe just pop the sensor cover off for the winter?

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know it’s a bit of an old thread, but I just took delivery of my Wildtrak earlier this week and my auto-dim sensor doesn’t seem to work at all. I mean, it’s set to the night setting all the time - that’s how it behaves. And even though I have the screens’ brightness maxed out, they’re still quite dim unless I manually turn the lights to the off position. Anyone track down this gremlin?
Sponsored