Sponsored

Winter build... what else should be on my mods list?

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Still waiting for exhaust and engine upgrades so might as well get suspension upgraded

74weld and portals and what else should be on my todo list? Reliability and strength is a priority over $$$

thanks in advance

IMG_6351.jpeg
Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Beadlocks….

Who is making Bronco Raptor portals currently?

That's going to be one very wide ride with portals, especially with any reduction in positive (+34) offset from stock.

OP
OP
Peter_benton

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Beadlocks….

That's going to be one very wide ride with portals, especially with any reduction in positive (+34) offset from stock.
in development at 74weld.. so hoping soon?

it's pretty tall and wide now, can't really fit in garage anyway.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

in development at 74weld.. so hoping soon?

it's pretty tall and wide now, can't really fit in garage anyway.
I figured with portals, zero offset wheels and 13.5 tires you’re going add 11.5 inches to the track. Doesn’t seem very practical except for very specific use cases. But I love the initiative!!

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How are you using your vehicle and what are your goals with it?

Solutions are out now that allow you to move on from live shocks if you desire, thus being able to install a true long travel suspension setup.

Sponsored

DoubleBB

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Beadlocks….

74Weld is only making portals for the front of the Raptor and they will not add any width. The rear will not have portals but will be lifted to match the lift of the front. It's sounding like a very well thought out solution and I can't wait until it's available.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full belly pan steel skids if you haven’t already done that.

OP
OP
Peter_benton

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Custom made or who offers those?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

74Weld is only making portals for the front of the Raptor and they will not add any width. The rear will not have portals but will be lifted to match the lift of the front. It's sounding like a very well thought out solution and I can't wait until it's available.
How can that be??? The portal has a gear reduction (1.22) for all non race portals so far. If the rear does not have portals the front gear reduction would have to be "0" or you have a problem. Why would you want portals on the front and not the rear? makes no sense. The idea is to raise the axle for clearance. The 74 weld portals replace the steering knuckle and are the narrowest option available... they still add 3.5 inch per side. That is an additional 7 inches of width. A 0 width portal is not physically possible.

The 74 weld "kit" also replaces the rear axle (not the housing) with a 35 spline axle and the brake rotors because it has to move the calipers outboard of their current location to clear the portal gearing.

I have a very hard time believing Quinn is doing anything like that.

Sponsored

DoubleBB

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How can that be??? The portal has a gear reduction (1.22) for all non race portals so far. If the rear does not have portals the front gear reduction would have to be "0" or you have a problem. Why would you want portals on the front and not the rear? makes no sense. The idea is to raise the axle for clearance. The 74 weld portals replace the steering knuckle and are the narrowest option available... they still add 3.5 inch per side. That is an additional 7 inches of width. A 0 width portal is not physically possible.

The 74 weld "kit" also replaces the rear axle (not the housing) with a 35 spline axle and the brake rotors because it has to move the calipers outboard of their current location to clear the portal gearing.

I have a very hard time believing Quinn is doing anything like that.
Lot more to their design. It's not like the design for the non Raptor Bronco. Give them a call if you want details. That's what I did and I'm on the list. It's going to be a cool set up.

DoubleBB

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This info came from Quinn but I'll leave it up to him to share the details. The cost is also looking like it will be less than the portal kit for the non Raptor Bronco.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can see how an inboard CV joint with the gear attached to the outside of the CV, could work far more superior than the original design. it would allow for a longer axle as well.
get rid of the stupid vacuum outer CV disconnects ,too.
hopefully this is exactly what Quinn is doing.
Sponsored