First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the lockers....I'm thinking most any tire will do.

Ice don't care about no stinkin' lockers. :) Seriously though, in snow and especially icy conditions, tire choice is worth doing our homework. Stopping is just as important as going and a good ice rated tire makes a big difference.
Sponsored

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ice don't care about no stinkin' lockers. :) Seriously though, in snow and especially icy conditions, tire choice is worth doing our homework. Stopping is just as important as going and a good ice rated tire makes a big difference.
From my experience with ice, it doesnt care about ANYTHING lol. Driving in snow is a fun pastime, if theres ice, and there isn't somewhere I have to be, I'm not going anywhere. If I do have somewhere to be, I'll go out of my way to stay the hell away from other people. I will say though that I have been more than a little impressed with the cheapo tires I have on my 94 bronco. They dont excel at anything, but function on anything. Hercules all terrains are under rated.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Checking in from Alaska. The correct answer is Nokian Hakkas. ?
They are a genuinely impressive tire.

I run studless Michelins on my RS though and that car will go through anything.

Blizzaks are another great option.

But I've been so impressed by Hakkas on trucks time and time again. Be it pushing a big BOSS V-plow, or towing a 30' enclosed trailer through the mountains during a snow storm. Those things keep you glued to the road.

Mine will get Michelins or Hakkas.

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been on the Falken hype-train lately. They are newer to the AT & MT world but they make some great tires. Professional reviews consistently say they are fantastic on snow/ice. Plus, they are significantly cheaper than the big boy brands.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From my experience with ice, it doesnt care about ANYTHING lol. Driving in snow is a fun pastime, if theres ice, and there isn't somewhere I have to be, I'm not going anywhere. If I do have somewhere to be, I'll go out of my way to stay the hell away from other people. I will say though that I have been more than a little impressed with the cheapo tires I have on my 94 bronco. They dont excel at anything, but function on anything. Hercules all terrains are under rated.
If I don't go anywhere due to ice then I don't go anywhere for at least 4 months. No offense....but you're from Flagstaff :ROFLMAO: I don't have your options. It's not a pastime here.

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checking in from Alaska. The correct answer is Nokian Hakkas. ?
They are a genuinely impressive tire.

I run studless Michelins on my RS though and that car will go through anything.

Blizzaks are another great option.

But I've been so impressed by Hakkas on trucks time and time again. Be it pushing a big BOSS V-plow, or towing a 30' enclosed trailer through the mountains during a snow storm. Those things keep you glued to the road.

Mine will get Michelins or Hakkas.
I've run Blizzaks in the past but checking reviews and other sites the Nokians look like the way to go.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in daydream mode right now. Planning way ahead.

I'll be grabbing a Badlands, which looks to come with KO2s. Reading reviews for them it sounds like they're pretty good in the snow when new but quickly wear to the point where they are not so good.

I'm a firm believer in a second set of dedicated winters. Both for safety and for wear purposes.

Where I live it gets very cold. -40. They don't always plow and just sand over the icy-packed snow at intersections. What's a solid snow tire for a Bronco that's close in size?

I use studded tires on my truck now. It's the only way I can even get my truck moving at an intersection some days.
I have Firestone Winterforces on my Ranger in the winter. I personally think they are a great tire. I can't say if they are suitable for consistent -40 degree temps, but they eat up snow and ice really well for a decent price.

In your situation, I'd probably run Nokians for most of the year.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've run Blizzaks in the past but checking reviews and other sites the Nokians look like the way to go.
you're from manitoba. you should know that dedicated winter tires are the only way to go. don't listen to the guy about lockers from arizona. probably doesn't get temps under 10c. joking aside, snow and ice are the smaller factor when it comes to winter tires. the rubber compound needs to flex in the winter. thats why all seasons, all terrain and any other non-winter tire just won't do. the rubber is too hard for cold weather.
Nokians are great tires. I've heard great things. I've always been getting Blizzaks. Tons of grip. The Michelin X-Ice I found to be good but on wet roads they don't grip that well.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I don't go anywhere due to ice then I don't go anywhere for at least 4 months. No offense....but you're from Flagstaff :ROFLMAO: I don't have your options. It's not a pastime here.
Not offensive, but we actually get quite a lot of snow, we arent in the desert. Luckily, we get a lot of snow, but seldom see ice other than in isolated areas.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not offensive, but we actually get quite a lot of snow, we arent in the desert. Luckily, we get a lot of snow, but seldom see ice other than in isolated areas.
That's the thing...blasting through some deep snow is much different than daily driving on hard-packed snow and ice. Depending on your region, even within Canada, has different tire needs. I got along fine on living the East Coast with all-seasons. Here in the prairies it's a different beast. Its like a frozen Tundra here. Once they plow it makes the roads even more slippery than before. The snow that falls in December can still be on the road in March.

My wife is a doctor who, sometimes, needs to go in in the middle of the night. We live miles down a gravel road that doesn't get plowed until well after any snow. Sometimes days. We're not looking for "good enough."

It's actually the main reason we are looking at a new truck. We had a big storm last Thanksgiving. She had to get to the hospital and we couldn't even get a vehicle out of our driveway with either of our 2wd vehicles. Luckily the hospital arranged for a front-end loader to go around and pick up the doctors and nurses that couldn't make it with their own vehicles.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So here in San Diego, when the summer 75 turns to the winter 65 should I be swapping tires?

Sorry, had to say it....

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You just need something with June gloom compound.
You have no idea how hard it is to keep a car clean during June gloom. It's damp every morning. Any little bit of dirt on the car becomes swirls of crap. lol.
Sponsored