Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco has about 10k miles on it. Was in Florida this week and it rained a lot. Everything working great until yesterday afternoon on our drive home when the wiper left these marks on my windshield. Temp was about 65F so no concern about it melting. Can't figure out what caused this. Has anyone else had this issue? The wiper looks fine. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Ford Bronco Wiper/Windshield Marks Windshield 1
Ford Bronco Wiper/Windshield Marks Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 6.19.23 PM
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would say the wiper had picked up
Some crude. Do you wipe the wipers off occasionally? I’ll get some build up every so often. Not to that extent though.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like you said it shouldn't be a melted wiper but direct sun even at 65 could cause them to deteriorated if they were already a bad batch of wipers... i'd replace them and take some 0000 brillo to clean it up

Last edited:

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clean the glass with a clay bar. Not Brillo like someone mentioned. Lmao. Brillo. GTFOH

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clean the glass with a clay bar. Not Brillo like someone mentioned. Lmao. Brillo. GTFOH
Windshield glass is a hardness of 6 or 7 on scale.. should've said 0000 brillo (fixed post) as that hardness is about 4.. so yes you can use brillo, i've used brillo on tons of vehicle i've owned and never had an issue. Unless the glass is coated with something that could be damaged which i highly doubt the bronco windshield is

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bronco has about 10k miles on it. Was in Florida this week and it rained a lot. Everything working great until yesterday afternoon on our drive home when the wiper left these marks on my windshield. Temp was about 65F so no concern about it melting. Can't figure out what caused this. Has anyone else had this issue? The wiper looks fine. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!
Sponsored