First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder how long until people do write ups on putting in the factory wireless charger. Should bolt right in (there’s a blank cover plate in place on vehicles not equipped) just would take some wiring knowledge.
so i have been working on this ,
LL1Z-19J235-A is the charging pad (for my 2 door stick)
then because the connector is not available seperately , i needed to purchase a new harness...... but on the bronco its part of the main dash harness, so i did a "where used" search on the pad and found out it was used in an f-150 so i ordered that console harness, JL1Z-14A318-K, Of course then went into the shop manual and it explained that it would need to shut off during the key search as it may interfere. I AM LITERALLY 3 HOURS OF BOOK WORK ON THIS AND THIS G/D GENIUS FIGURED OUT A SIMPLER, MORE PRAGMATIC SOLUTION BY SLIPPING A CHARGER UNDER THE F'NNN MATT. I BOW TO YOU SIR , I BOW TO YOU
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

then because the connector is not available seperately , i needed to purchase a new harness...... but on the bronco its part of the main dash harness, so i did a "where used" search on the pad and found out it was used in an f-150 so i ordered that console harness, JL1Z-14A318-K, Of course then went into the shop manual and it explained that it would need to shut off during the key search as it may interfere. I AM LITERALLY 3 HOURS OF BOOK WORK ON THIS AND THIS G/D GENIUS FIGURED OUT A SIMPLER, MORE PRAGMATIC SOLUTION BY SLIPPING A CHARGER UNDER THE F'NNN MATT. I BOW TO YOU SIR , I BOW TO YOU
Thank you for the praise! I’m not a genius or a sir, probably why I figured it out first 😂 😘

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the praise! I’m not a genius or a sir, probably why I figured it out first 😂 😘
haha, thank you for the correction, forgive me, its usually a sausage fest up in this place. and i still bow to you!!!!

OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

haha, thank you for the correction, forgive me, its usually a sausage fest up in this place. and i still bow to you!!!!
No worries I’m quite aware I’m in a small minority here lol. I’m not knowledgeable with engines or electrical systems hence the easy work around!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will let you in on a little secret....NO ONE HERE IS
I’ll tell you a secret my husband is a mechanical engineer. He fixes his cars constantly but I wanna try to take care of mine as much as I can.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any thoughts on adding the charger into one of the aux switches? Just a thought.

Sponsored

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, after driving our mannequin for a while, the only reason i was going wireless on the charger was the wireless carplay, but i find just plugging it in to my cable works better.

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Rosanna, what has your experience been with the wireless charger? Specifically, do you know if it will keep a phone charged (or better yet, increase its charge) while connected to something like Android Auto or Apple Car Play wirelessly?

OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Rosanna, what has your experience been with the wireless charger? Specifically, do you know if it will keep a phone charged (or better yet, increase its charge) while connected to something like Android Auto or Apple Car Play wirelessly?
I’ll let you know I just installed it yesterday. Ive had the charger for some time and it works great. I never had apple car play so not sure how it will effect the charger. I can follow up later.

OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model