Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh this would be personal for me. I'd be out there looking for pack rat nests with a gallon of gasoline, a lighter, and a shotgun for when they run out...

I'm so mad about this right now I may go looking around the woods behind my house for rat nests just on principle...

Appreciate the solidarity. They get no quarter at my place.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would be livid!!! You seem to take it in stride.... I would suggest installing a battery disconnect. Kill the power and the chewing will stop. Good luck!!!

I'm not happy about it, but this is time 5. The weekend before this, my zero turn clutch somehow slipped out of the retainer bar after I hit a tree root and the bell housing spun tearing the wires off the electronic clutch. The week before that it was something else. If I got upset every time something broke, I'd never be happy. So I try to keep up on fixing stuff and prevent what I can. And beer helps lol.

OP
OP

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mickey Mouse got me too. I picked up a used set of wheels that were in boxes and it must have had a mouse. It got stuck under rear seat hinge and died in there. Took me long time to pin point smell and almost a week after I cleaned up the smell is still lingering.

IMG_4525.jpeg

Oh man, I'll bet that smelled!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is now the 5th time overall that I've had to deal with this. 2nd for the Bronco. Last time the whole dash was lit up. Found a few chewed wires under the air box and the driver side wheel well. I can't find the wires this time. I only have a 4x4 error and the GOAT dial is flashing. Everything else seems normal. Does anyone recognize these wire colors from working on anything? Found a 4" section chewed out. Was supposed to be taking the Bronco today on a wheeling trip but had to switch to my other vehicle. I've got a few hours into this already looking.

Most insurance companies will cover 100%
Why would you even wNt to mess with something g that most insurance companies would cover almost
Completely?

Had rodents chew through wires to o e coil on BMW and State Farm covered full set of 6 new coils, ugs and ecm shipped from germany

OP
OP

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would you even wNt to mess with something g that most insurance companies would cover almost
Completely?

Had rodents chew through wires to o e coil on BMW and State Farm covered full set of 6 new coils, ugs and ecm shipped from germany

1) I don't want my premiums to go up - again this is time 5. Even if not, I have a $250 deductible and I can repair free.
2) Getting an appointment with Ford would take me months. I can't even get a call back about my top leaking.
3) I don't really want them replacing a whole harness. Odds of complications are higher than fixing the chewed wires. If my repair ever fails, I can even fix it trailside if necessary.
4) I am experienced in repairing electronics and I have all the tools necessary. This repair wasn't hard, finding the wires was the worst of it.

I do most things myself. Sometimes I just want to learn. Sometimes I want to save money. Sometimes it's about time. Sometimes it's because I know my repair will be done correctly. There isn't much I haven't touched on a vehicle. I'm currently about halfway through an older Bronco rebuild as well.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the really strong smell is what made it hard to pin point cause everywhere had potential. Didn’t help dark maggots were crawling around the floor. 🤮

I was starting to think an X girlfriend had cursed me or something. 😂

Oh man, I'll bet that smelled!
Sponsored