First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Several years ago I had rodents build a nest under the turbo of my F350. It lit on fire and caused $3500 in damage to various parts and wiring.

I installed a couple of these on each battery: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LCKBGY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Never had a rodent in there since. It is now a standard part on every vehicle I own.
Again, YMMV based on what kind of rodents you have. Packrats will eat that thing... 😹
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About once a month spray a mixed solution of water and Irish Spring body wash aka soap all through the engine compartment. Seems todo the job and your engine smells amazing! Oh, I also say get a cat.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh this would be personal for me. I'd be out there looking for pack rat nests with a gallon of gasoline, a lighter, and a shotgun for when they run out...

I'm so mad about this right now I may go looking around the woods behind my house for rat nests just on principle...

Last edited:

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, more stuff to order from Amazon!

So you install more than one per vehicle? I need these for 2 of our vehicles that don't get to park in the garage and our RV.
I put 2 in my F350 because there is a lot of crap stuffed in there and I have 2 batteries on each side of the truck, so it was easy enough to wire one device to each battery.

I just have one in the Bronco, Tractor, ATV and wifes' Suburban.

They make units that can be staked into the ground as well. I'm going to add a couple of those to a new parking area where most my equipment is kept.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put 2 in my F350 because there is a lot of crap stuffed in there and I have 2 batteries on each side of the truck, so it was easy enough to wire one device to each battery.

I just have one in the Bronco, Tractor, ATV and wifes' Suburban.

They make units that can be staked into the ground as well. I'm going to add a couple of those to a new parking area where most my equipment is kept.
Thanks! I'll have to do something soon.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here is my go to. Auto load!

Mouse Trap Bucket (2 Packs) - Lid for 5 Gallon Bucket Auto Reset Flip Board to Slide Mice Mouse Rat, Garage, Indoor and Outdoor, Chicken Coop https://a.co/d/j2G2HXc

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am about 90% sure that is wire loom for the transfer case range sensor. Runs between the sensor itself and the AWD module.

Connector C3734

Sits on top of the transfer case itself. Maybe @flip or someone else with service manual access can pull up the location diagrams.
This is now the 5th time overall that I've had to deal with this. 2nd for the Bronco. Last time the whole dash was lit up. Found a few chewed wires under the air box and the driver side wheel well. I can't find the wires this time. I only have a 4x4 error and the GOAT dial is flashing. Everything else seems normal. Does anyone recognize these wire colors from working on anything? Found a 4" section chewed out. Was supposed to be taking the Bronco today on a wheeling trip but had to switch to my other vehicle. I've got a few hours into this already looking.

Ford Bronco Wiring help please! Rodents got me. CKGIVTNTIP7JHUZEUPERGAZPUI
I would be livid!!! You seem to take it in stride.... I would suggest installing a battery disconnect. Kill the power and the chewing will stop. Good luck!!!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I would be livid!!! You seem to take it in stride.... I would suggest installing a battery disconnect. Kill the power and the chewing will stop. Good luck!!!
I don’t think it has anything to do with the power, my understanding it’s the soy based wire insulation. They ate the insulation off my home AC unit and no power was there at the time.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t think it has anything to do with the power, my understanding it’s the soy based wire insulation. They ate the insulation off my home AC unit and no power was there at the time.
Oh gotcha. I've heard about it but never dealt with it. Thx!

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a mother fox and family living under my shed for the last few years. Haven't seen a mouse or vole in years.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mickey Mouse got me too. I picked up a used set of wheels that were in boxes and it must have had a mouse. It got stuck under rear seat hinge and died in there. Took me long time to pin point smell and almost a week after I cleaned up the smell is still lingering.

IMG_4525.jpeg
Sponsored