First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never owned a turbo-anything before and the only 4-banger I ever owned was a diesel . . . but I'm pretty happy with my 2.3L. Creeping up on a year of ownership. I'm not familiar with the "many reports of bad 2.3" that the OP references. Given how pervasive this motor (and variations on it) is throughout Ford's lineup I'd think if the motor was experiencing that many problems it would get more attention beyond just online forums (and, again, this is pretty much only one I follow for Ford/Bronco and haven't seen it here) but instead be showing up in more mainstream automotive journalism. Of course as soon as I park mine I DO lower a custom-built pyramid lined with double-strength aluminum foil to protect it from "forces" . . . bonus is I keep my razor blades in the glovebox and they NEVER go dull! :geek:
Sponsored

NirWheels

Base
First Name
Nir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same report as the one that showed bad safety? I’ve never heard anything real about it. 14k miles, heavy foot, 340bhp with the ProCal, manual and no problems whatsoever. Maybe I’ve got to go another thousand miles before the explosion, but I’m pretty sure it will do just fine. BTW the EcoBoost is “ticking “ like a Diesel since new by design.

Kbass101

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just had my CAM phasers replaced at 5,500 miles. Got it back 10 days later, Dealership forgot to attach hose from turbo, had to go back after losing power on the highway when it popped off. Now oil pressure light on and now having the sensor replaced. 3 trips to the dealer one week after getting it back. .
2.7 V6 2023 Badlands.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Worried about the Bronco Engines now…. 1710193194752-y4

ha.
Don’t believe the drama.
We have a 2021 - 2.3
It’s a mountain work horse.
Change your oil every 3k
Feed it regular doses of one or all of dirt, mud, sand, and snow,
Change the tranny and transfer fluids every 30k

ignore the noise and chat with folks that use them to do 6G things

Last edited:

Sponsored

tdhyden79

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Bad-Squatch 2.3l 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The current version of the 2.3 is widely considered the most reliable ecoboost Ford has produced, and that's saying a lot. The ecoboost engines are pretty bullet proof across the board. I think service is paramount to the life of a turbo motor. I use Amsoil and service every 5,000 miles. I run a pretty hot tune from JB4, I also use a catch can to keep that junk from recirculating back into the engine. I'm at 15,000 mile with no issues whatsoever.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2.3 in my ‘73 Pinto. Never had a problem

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 170 miles short of 250,000 in my 2015 2.3 mustang. The 2.3 for me has been great NO issues! Like others I believe this to be isolated or a result of other issues. I've been very regular on my 5,000 mile oil changes & maintenance. Only had to change plugs every 100,000 miles, and changed my battery twice. That has been it!

hellb0y

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 170 miles short of 250,000 in my 2015 2.3 mustang. The 2.3 for me has been great NO issues! Like others I believe this to be isolated or a result of other issues. I've been very regular on my 5,000 mile oil changes & maintenance. Only had to change plugs every 100,000 miles, and changed my battery twice. That has been it!
Our motor is more closely related to the RS than to the Mustang one…

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

about to turn 60k on my 2.7 without a hiccup. Will probably have 90k before the year is out. Will be ordering the same engine for my 2025 replacement.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just Ford haters putting out bad rumors. The 2.3 is pret much bulletproof. And I think 2.7 issues have been fixed.
Agreed, I’m shop foreman at a large Ford store. There are TONS of 2.7s on the road, Bronco, F-150, Ranger, and Edge. We work on very few of them. Same with the 2.3s, they have been trouble free.

cwbolyard

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive put 28k on a Bronco with 2.3 and 12K on a Bronco with a 2.7. no issues

After seeing so many reports of bad 2.3 and the v6 engines on til too and other forums, I am truly beginning to worry. I have a 2.3 BigBend that I love which I have had for 17 months now and only 6500 miles. No issues thus far but everyone is saying 12 to 15k and these engines are knocking, locking up. Just worried after pay over 50k + crazy financing.

Jason519

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After seeing so many reports of bad 2.3 and the v6 engines on til too and other forums, I am truly beginning to worry. I have a 2.3 BigBend that I love which I have had for 17 months now and only 6500 miles. No issues thus far but everyone is saying 12 to 15k and these engines are knocking, locking up. Just worried after pay over 50k + crazy financing.
I have a 22 black diamond 2.3 45k on it no issues
Sponsored