Sponsored

Would smaller tires look stupid on a Badlands SAS?

cshull

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL/2d/MT/High/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just took delivery of a 2 door Badlands SAS. I plan on leaving the suspension stock for the time being but at some point will upgrade to 37" tires and will do the minimum lift required to accommodate that without rubbing. However, I am interested in getting a set of smaller tires on steelies just for driving around town and swapping out to the bigger tires when I go off-roading. I am considering buying a set of take-offs from someone that bought a base and upgraded to bigger tires. BUT, I dont want it to look stupid on my rig, especially when I lift it an inch or two. So I am asking for opinions: would a set of base steelies look stupid on a Badlands 2d with Sasquatch? If so, what would be the smallest tire/wheel set that I could go to without it looking ridiculous? I know it will be in the eye of the beholder but I would like a consensus opinion from the forum
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why run smaller ? You concerned about fuel efficiency? I would keep the sas wheels and tires.

OP
OP

cshull

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL/2d/MT/High/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why run smaller ? You concerned about fuel efficiency? I would keep the sas wheels and tires.
I’d like smaller because I like the retro look of the steelies and the reduction of road noise while I’m not off roading. Fuel economy isn’t a factor for me in this decision

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d look for BD take offs at least they are 32” tires your Sasquatch are I think people have said 34.4” or so. I think you could get away with that. The base are 30” tires they may look a lil off. I’ve pondered something similar but opposite doing 2” lift and getting steelies and 35s just for off road and sticking with the badlands wheels and tires for everyday use.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you could go 285/ 33’s if you go with a +20 or so offset wheels to keep the wide stance looks. Or add spacers. Any smaller with the flares and suspension height would look silly IMO.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bigfoot 5 is still cool right off the trailer!

Ford Bronco Would smaller tires look stupid on a Badlands SAS? Screenshot_20220512-211059

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The tires wouldn't look stupid...only the driver!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

33s will look fine, but not on any of the stock wheels unless you get rid of the sasquatch flares. You'd be better off getting some 16x8 D windows with 0 offset and put 285/75/16 ATs on.
Sponsored