First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We took delivery of our new 2022 Badlands Bronco a few weeks only to find that the original standard bumper with fog lights was changed to the modular bumper with a price increase of $575 and no foglights. the dealer is saying that Ford changed the option when converting from our 2021 order to the 2022 order. The dealer is saying there is nothing they can do about it and that Ford is the onlyone that can to correct it. Anyone else experience this issue?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do recall a front bumper change for the 2022MY...didn't the standard 2021 modular front bumper get changed to the capable bumper as standard for 2022 with a $575 add for the modular in 2022? Sounds like your dealer got their wires crossed.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We took delivery of our new 2022 Badlands Bronco a few weeks only to find that the original standard bumper with fog lights was changed to the modular bumper with a price increase of $575 and no foglights. the dealer is saying that Ford changed the option when converting from our 2021 order to the 2022 order. The dealer is saying there is nothing they can do about it and that Ford is the onlyone that can to correct it. Anyone else experience this issue?
If you lived closer, I'd just switch bumpers with you. Maybe someone nearby would want to trade up?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You do know that you got the better bumper right?

I bet someone would trade for your bumper and throw $$ into the trade.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
shit if you live near Alabama I'll trade you when I take delivery in June. At first I wanted capable and now I want modular.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a bumper bummer...

I'd say you got the better bumper too, but I know that's just a personal preference. I'd ask the dealership if they'd help out with purchasing some pocket lights to install instead. That could be a good option where you'd have the "better" bumper, but still have fog lights (either wired to AUX or I guess swapping out the lighting control to the left of the steering wheel to get the fog light option). Might be worth inquiring.

Edit: These are the types of lights I was referring to; they don’t need to be the same brand though:

Ford Bronco Wrong bumper 331C9537-8CD8-4F47-80D9-E1AE3E1A2631

Last edited:

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no way to fix. the standard bumper has fogs/wiring/switch. they can't change that after production.

the original bl build included the mod bumper. if you ordered before the change to standard it was converted with the mod bumper. you had to tell the dealer to switch to standard when they converted your order in march.

if you did convert in march you are eligible for price protection. see below. if you took delivery i'm not sure how this will work. you need to work with the dealer. good luck!

What does price protection mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing if you had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

edit: i would add the mod bumper is better, and you have aux switches. for 400-1k-ish you can add fogs way better than stock. look at @Diode Dynamics @ORACLE Lighting @Baja Designs.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They are correct. The standard bumper on the 2021 Badlands was indeed the Modular Bumper. It seems to me the dealer likely asked you if you wanted the same build, and didn't tell you that the Modular Bumper is now an option (with the capable being standard). They probably just re-ordered the exact same build assuming you wanted the Mod bumper. You should get full price protection (in rebate form) for the $575 + difference in the model year. A previous poster put up the grid that outlines the totals.

As for changing it, I would just add lights to the mod bumper if you want the foglights.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in Indiana. Want to trade?

However, as others have said, you will still need the switch, wiring and programming. Some models have the wiring tucked away and taped to the harness. If yours has the harness, you'd just need to get the correct switch and enable the fog lamps in Forscan. Not sure how comfortable you'd be adding that stuff/programming.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just to be clear:
- the 2021 Badlands came standard with the Mod Bumper
- the 2021-22 price protection certificate for Badlands covers both the Badlands model price increase, and the added $595 option cost for the Mod Bumper
- if you had purposely de-selected the Mod Bumper for the Capable bumper when updating your order to 2022, you would still get that extra $595.
- but you had to deselect it.

If you did de-select it, and you have an order summary that shows your 2022 order with just the Capable Bumper and not the Mod, then I would be asking for $595 from your dealer for the mistake.

Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no way to fix. the standard bumper has fogs/wiring/switch. they can't change that after production.
But you can add the factory switch on your own, and use forscan to get it working. I believe the factory wiring is even there for the fogs. Theres a thread on here where someone did it successfully.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got the better bumper lol. I was thinking of switching to the cheaper plastic bumper with fogs because the riptide concept made it look pretty good. Then I saw production and it looks less utilitarian, less functional in many ways (approach angle, recovery points), and makes the hardcore SUV badlands look more like a typical crossover from the front. The benefit was the fog light inclusion, but that is extremely easily remedied with an aux switch. If you want a bit more of a project, but still not complicated you can swap in the fog light assembly, the wiring for the fogs is there for every bronco so no need to even rewire to the dash, just install the new switch assembly and wire the fogs to the preinstalled wiring to the front bumper and enable in forscan. Since the ford performance modular bumper is a constraint, I suspect a bunch of people had to drop it that really wanted it. Should have no issue swapping with someone.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But you can add the factory switch on your own, and use forscan to get it working. I believe the factory wiring is even there for the fogs. Theres a thread on here where someone did it successfully.
i guess the point is ford isn't going to fix, it was ordered that way and is on the customer/dealer.

with the mod bumper and aux switches it would be more work and cost to get a capable bumper, switch, and forscan to implement vs just adding fogs to the mod.

edit: may be cheaper but more work if you trade or sell the mod. still a lot of work to do vs just adding some fogs to aux..

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i guess the point is ford isn't going to fix, it was ordered that way and is on the customer/dealer.

with the mod bumper and aux switches it would be more work and cost to get a capable bumper, switch, and forscan to implement vs just adding fogs to the mod.

edit: may be cheaper but more work if you trade or sell the mod. still a lot of work to do vs just adding some fogs to aux..
for sure. I more so meant they could keep the mod bumper and add fogs to it if they wanted, but also retain the factory switch if that is something they cared about. It is something I want to add to my badlands eventually to save an aux switch.

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Happened to me but luckily I caught it when they sent me the 22 build sheet and I had them swap it back. Might be best to try to sell it and go aftermarket or try to trade for the one you want.
Sponsored