X-Plan clarification

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm seeing conflicting info on X-Plan. Are any dealers currently accepting it for new orders? I read some are, or are discounting the new builds to make up for it? I was told by all my local dealerships that Ford is no longer accepting it and they would lose money since they won't get reimbursed.
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As far as I know they don’t do X Plan on the Bronco, some dealers offered it before knowing Ford said no. So those dealers honored it if the person had documentation that stated that they would do it. So unless your dealer says they will do it then it’s likely they won’t.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford sponsored X Plan has never been available on Bronco. The dealers saying they would provide it sold the Bronco for 1% under invoice. Lots of us, myself included, got 3% under. Some even 4% under. You just need to shop around.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One dealer is saying it is available on new orders only, but I think maybe they haven't looked closely enough. I'm worried that I will order and they will try and increase it later or right before hitting the button I'll get "oh actually...".

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One dealer is saying it is available on new orders only, but I think maybe they haven't looked closely enough. I'm worried that I will order and they will try and increase it later or right before hitting the button I'll get "oh actually...".
Guaranteed he is misinformed. Someone recently posted the Ford info and it specifically says the Bronco is not included.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe they are offering 1% under invoice on orders? That would not be unheard of. Just get it in writing.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe they are offering 1% under invoice on orders? That would not be unheard of. Just get it in writing.
Well they're quoting me the 3.5% X-Plan pricing. I just told her to make absolutely sure the Bronco is eligible. I may have lost the savings by asking, but I'd rather get it correct.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
X-plan is dealer discretion for any model. Bought a ranger last year and was not allowed to use X-plan because of the limited inventory.

Low inventory has been the most often used reason why a dealer will not accept X-plan for purchase.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
X-plan is dealer discretion for any model. Bought a ranger last year and was not allowed to use X-plan because of the limited inventory.

Low inventory has been the most often used reason why a dealer will not accept X-plan for purchase.
I was told by a dealer that X-Plan is enforced by Ford, and if they accept it on an ineligible model, they do not get the difference refunded back to them and would take a loss.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well they're quoting me the 3.5% X-Plan pricing. I just told her to make absolutely sure the Bronco is eligible. I may have lost the savings by asking, but I'd rather get it correct.
X plan is Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee. Were are you getting 3.5%?

Not in this case. Bronco is ineligible per Ford.

*Edited to correct percent under invoice to avoid confusion later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
X plan is 1% under invoice. Were are you getting 3.5%?
According to the dealer, X-Plan is different per trim and per model. The MSRP for the one I built is $58,815, but with X-plan it was $56,734.02, a savings of ~$2,081, which is 3.5%.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck. I see that it is no longer the 1% under inv but you are going off sticker anyway. Just get the final price in writing. Could be that the salesman just doesn't have a clue or is trying to just get a sale.

OP
OP
Exhaust

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good luck. I see that it is no longer the 1% under inv but you are going off sticker anyway. Just get the final price in writing. Could be that the salesman just doesn't have a clue or is trying to just get a sale.
How would you not be going off sticker if it's a new build? I don't think there's any incentives for the Bronco.
Sponsored