Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A-plan is for immediate family. X-plan is for friends and family outside immediate and supplier partners. That's the way it was explained to me. I also have cousins who work for Toyota and they don't offer any discount outside immediate family. I used to live next the Toyota Camry/Avalon/Venza/now Lexus plant and they don't even have a Toyota dealership in the same county. I don't know if that's by design or what.
...right, but Ford's definition of "immediate family" is fairly broad.
From http://www.fordemployeeplan.com/eligibility.html:

• Members of the immediate family of the above. "Immediate family" means the following relatives of the employee or retiree:
  • Spouse
  • Parents
  • Spouse's Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouse's grandparents
  • Sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
  • Grandchildren
  • Brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
  • Same-sex domestic partners of eligible active employees
  • Immediate family members of eligible same-sex domestic partners
It was then expanded recently to include aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews of employees/ retirees (which is now the only reason I'll qualify for A-plan):

https://www.yourfriendlyford.com/extended-family-pricing.htm
Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My family members who all work/worked for ford are cousins. So, no A-plan for me if I ever buy another new ford.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A lot of great explaining in this thread. Can someone explain this example:

x-plan signed paper says my Bronco is $42k

day arrives for me to pick up my Bronco and dealer says we tinted the windows and etched the glass with VIN, you owe us $850 for those two dealer items.

i say I have x-plan and price was negotiated

dealer says that is the price you pay Ford, this dealership tints and etches every single vehicle sold here at this lot. Your Bronco is no different, pay us.

what happens in this situation? Does customer have to pay? Please don’t say it should not happen, in this example let’s just say it’s happening.

Thanks in advance.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd tell the dealer they eat it or I walk away. Almost every dealer I've been to has some scotch guard or other rediculously priced adder "you can't not get." To hell with them.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

day arrives for me to pick up my Bronco and dealer says we tinted the windows and etched the glass with VIN, you owe us $850 for those two dealer items.

dealer says that is the price you pay Ford, this dealership tints and etches every single vehicle sold here at this lot. Your Bronco is no different, pay us.

what happens in this situation? Does customer have to pay? Please don’t say it should not happen, in this example let’s just say it’s happening.

Thanks in advance.
One of the reasons I am going with Granger. The have committed to no BS addons.

Check out their thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...icing-and-clarifications-for-the-masses.2296/

Specifically:

· Are there any hidden fees/Additions?

The state of Iowa has a state regulated documentation fee of $180. We will not throw on mandatory add ons or fees for other items that you do not want or need.

We will offer financing, extended service contracts, accessories, and protection products that are all completely optional and up to the discretion of the consumer.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks in advance.
Tell them no thanks.

Or... They can add in the cost however they want.... As long as you stay at the original price. So if you agree upon 42k and they want to add $850...go for it but the new cost is $41150 plus their add-ons. They can get to 42k however they want.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd tell the dealer they eat it or I walk away. Almost every dealer I've been to has some scotch guard or other rediculously priced adder "you can't not get." To hell with them.
after waiting over a year and it’s sitting in the lot in front of me, walking away would not be happening for a product I want.

I would like to do what you say but i don’t think I could.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I would normally just walk away, how many dealers out there are banking on us doing just that? If I walk away, they now have a desirable vehicle on their lot that they can add ADM to (and I lost the Bronco that I ordered 12 months ago and now have to figure how to get another one). A couple of dealers on here intimated about the 'very strong' penalties that would happen when a dealer does not convert a lot of their reservations/orders, but none would elaborate. If I knew what penalty the dealer is facing, that is information that would definitely help fight a situation like this from occurring.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer can charge for add-ons, and list them on the x-plan agreement.
My question (see post #27) was: When is this agreement presented to and signed by the purchaser? If it's before the dealer obtains vehicle, we're covered against add-ons. If we don't get to sign until dealer gets vehicle and does their add-ons, we're screwed?

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
several ways.
1) buy ford stock
2) join the mustang club of america
3) join the lincoln club of america
and there's more
DAV ( Disabled American Vets ) is another option, if you served and qualify for membership.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry if this has been answered already in another post, but do you get a discount on accessories if you're on the XPlan. I thought I read somewhere about a 10% discount, but I could be dreaming lol.
Sponsored