Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been reading the comments about X Plan discounts. If a buyer goes through Granger or Stephens, an X Plan member gets $300 additional off invoice and cheaper doc fees for a total savings of $400-500 from what I can tell. If not through those dealers, is the X Plan basically a guarantee of invoice pricing? I guess I'm curious what makes X Plan so special? On a spreadsheet posted on another thread, it out saved about $200 but there was a $275 administration fee assessed for using it???
Sponsored

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Short answer, it ends up being about $100 more than invoice once you add in the $275 Admin Fee.

So on a first model year vehicle, it's a great fall back plan as most dealers will charge MSRP or higher.

The rest can be found on this forum somewhere. It's been discussed a million times so far ;)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Granger plan is dealer invoice minus $1000. If you have x-plan you save an additional $300, so it is dealer invoice minus $1300. Not sure about a $275 admin fee but the doc fee is capped at $100.

X-plan is dealer invoice + or - 0.04% (I can never remember which). If you have any questions about the Granger plan just message @Granger Ford and he will answer them for you.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Granger plan is dealer invoice minus $1000. If you have x-plan you save an additional $300, so it is dealer invoice minus $1300. Not sure about a $275 admin fee but the doc fee is capped at $100.

X-plan is dealer invoice + or - 0.04% (I can never remember which). If you have any questions about the Granger plan just message @Granger Ford and he will answer them for you.
X-plan = dealer invoice - 0.04% + $275 Admin Fee.

Granger expects the X-plan commission to be $300, they are giving that back to the customer, hence $1300 below invoice.

Granger's deal isn't an x-plan deal, but it uses x-plan pin. So I don't know how they are charging the $275 Admin Fee or if they even are. @Granger Ford can definitely explain their deal better.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The $275
That's it! The formula you show is correct...... that will be the price on the x-plan statement.
The $275 admin fee is already built into the stated x-plan price, no need to add it onto the price.

The x-plan will also limit doc fees to approx $100 (depends on state laws). Without the x-plan, doc fees may be in the $300 range.

More details on the x-plan:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The $275

That's it! The formula you show is correct...... that will be the price on the x-plan statement.
The $275 admin fee is already built into the stated x-plan price, no need to add it onto the price.

The x-plan will also limit doc fees to approx $100 (depends on state laws). Without the x-plan, doc fees may be in the $300 range.

More details on the x-plan:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
Doc fees vary wildly by locale. Some states regulate them and other states allow a wild west anything goes approach. That's why, for example, Koons advertises aggressive discounts in VA but then pounds the buyer with something like a $799 doc fee. The X-plan is a boon for the buyer in that it caps the amount of the doc fee to $100 or the max cap allowed by law, whichever is lower.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol post #680

we spend way too much time on here, all of us!
yeah. That thing where someone is like:

“I’m not sure if this has been answered yet but...”

and I’m all like:

“UH BRO. BRO. It was answered on page 33 of this unrelated thread from July 29. UGHGGGG. WHY DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF?!”

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Granger expects the X-plan commission to be $300, they are giving that back to the customer, hence $1300 below invoice.

Granger's deal isn't an x-plan deal, but it uses x-plan pin. So I don't know how they are charging the $275 Admin Fee or if they even are. @Granger Ford can definitely explain their deal better.
Is Granger or Stephen's charging Dealer Fee ? Or is that rederenced as admin fee. I've seen everything covered but the usual $800 dealer fee ...

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you could look at the granger and stephen's individual thread or download the
cost breakdowns from the maryland volume thread

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Granger or Stephen's charging Dealer Fee ? Or is that rederenced as admin fee. I've seen everything covered but the usual $800 dealer fee ...
@StephensAutoCenter is charging $100 for X-Plan document fees (which is capped at $100 by Ford). If you don't have the X-Plan, then I believe the fees are in the $265 range (or whatever WV caps the dealer fees at by law)...

I'm not sure about Granger..
Sponsored