Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No Fed Money given to Ford as a part of the bailout given to GM and Chrysler... All money financed as part of the biggest home equity loan at that time, 2008 per your original comment... paid back.
It hasn't been all paid back. Read again. Final payment 2022. Aid/Help is aid/help, no matter how you slice it. Maybe not simple bailout/handout, but Ford at the very least was aided to some degree by this. Maybe even saved.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh, government help/loan might not be a bailout in your eyes, but in mine it most certainly is using public monies to operate a business or keep it afloat. Given money? maybe not, but help staying afloat? Most definitely.

Complain? No, it's a discussion. Someone mentioned government help/bailout/whatever. Figured I'd chime in. Not a big deal to me, since there's many industries/companies that take these loans/bailouts/handouts/whatever we want to call them.
I know the bank must feel like they bailed me out, but I consider my mortgage to be a loan to be paid back, with interest. By your definition I also intend to take a "bailout" to buy this Bronco, so I guess Ford is getting us all back?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know the bank must feel like they bailed me out, but I consider my mortgage to be a loan to be paid back, with interest. By your definition I also intend to take a "bailout" to buy this Bronco, so I guess Ford is getting us all back?
Ok. You view a bank (private company) in the business to make money off loans, mortgages, etc. the same as the government operating on tax dollars provided by... wait for it... you and me and the other 330 million Americans. Good luck my friend.

We'll just agree that we like Broncos and move along. Have a good rest of your day.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. You view a bank (private company) in the business to make money off loans, mortgages, etc. the same as the government operating on tax dollars provided by... wait for it... you and me and the other 330 million Americans. Good luck my friend.

We'll just agree that we like Broncos and move along. Have a good rest of your day.
If I'm ever in Chicago you buy the best pizza and I'll buy the beer. If you're ever in Tulsa I'll buy you the best Chicken Fried Steak you ever had and you buy the beer. We'll see whose Bronco is the tallest!! (y)

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford didn't take TARP money like GM and Chrysler. Ford took out a 5.9B loan in 2009 with the Dept. of Energy to help improve their fuel economy. That program had 3 players. Ford, Nissan and Tesla. Nissan and Tesla have repaid said loan. Ford is still paying it back. It was NOT a bailout.
I see to recall hearing that the big auto companies are paying Tesla to compensate for Fleet fuel economy. If it weren't for the gov't Tesla would be pushing up daisies.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I'm ever in Chicago you buy the best pizza and I'll buy the beer. If you're ever in Tulsa I'll buy you the best Chicken Fried Steak you ever had and you buy the beer. We'll see whose Bronco is the tallest!! (y)
Definitely! Seriously, if you are ever in Chicago, let me know. I'll hook you up with both. We have some great local breweries (if you're into craft beer).

Looks like I'll be taking the southern route back to Chicago from Granger... LOL

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely! Seriously, if you are ever in Chicago, let me know. I'll hook you up with both. We have some great local breweries (if you're into craft beer).

Looks like I'll be taking the southern route back to Chicago from Granger... LOL
With no X-Plan, I'll be travelling to Texas. My local dealer was already gouging on paperwork fees. I can only imagine now that X-Plan is gone. Tulsa has some fine craft breweries as well. I don't make it out to them very often because I've got a liquor store a mile away LOL.

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With no X-Plan, I'll be travelling to Bob Utter Ford in Sherman, TX. My local dealer was already gouging on paperwork fees. I can only imagine now that X-Plan is gone. Tulsa has some fine craft breweries as well. I don't make it out to them very often because I've got a liquor store a mile away LOL.
Funny, I have a craft brewery within a mile of my house! Stumbling distance...

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bottom line is, MCA should've never been allowed provide xplan, and I'd be more than okay if Ford invalidated MCA xplans and honored suppliers. My company does REAL BUSINESS with Ford.
Stockholders and veterans, as well as all Ford partner companies as you said, are being punished along with MCA stealth members. That loophole indeed may be to blame to a very large extent, but Ford is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There's ill will being engendered far beyond this forum, including many well-funded supporters Ford probably should work harder to please.

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stockholders and veterans, as well as all Ford partner companies as you said, are being punished along with MCA stealth members. That loophole indeed may be to blame to a very large extent, but Ford is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There's ill will being engendered far beyond this forum, including many well-funded supporters Ford probably should work harder to please.
Couldn't agree more.

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost to 500 in a half day. Not to bad!

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It hasn't been all paid back. Read again. Final payment 2022. Aid/Help is aid/help, no matter how you slice it. Maybe not simple bailout/handout, but Ford at the very least was aided to some degree by this. Maybe even saved.
As mentioned in an earlier post... there are 2 different things going here... The TARP money back in 2008 to keep GM and Chrysler from going belly up... Ford did not take any of that money from the US government... they mortgaged all assets and got the money to fund from private sources.

The loan you are referring to was a loan to update/improve plants to make them greener and more modern... and yes I know that loan is still outstanding. Which the media makes it sound worse than it is... it is not like it is delinquent, Ford is still paying it back with interest according to the terms of the loan.

That loan I don't see as a bailout, but as a strategic opportunity to improve facilities without having pay all cash up front at hopefully lower terms than going to bank.

This is no different than any of us shopping our financing for our new Broncos. Why got to Bank A with a 8% rate when I can go to bank B with a 4% rate?
Sponsored