Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have first hand experience with this wrap? I’m considering doing it as soon as I take possession but I’ve got questions.
My best friend runs the top ppf shop in my area by far
So I’ve been considering the same thing. I can probably help answer some questions and if I don’t know he can definitely tell me

B33001

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ATLBronco75,

We like where your head's at. As avid auto enthusiasts, we're extremely excited for the return of the Bronco and as soon as we saw the available colors, we knew that it would be a perfect vehicle for a STEALTH application. STEALTH will hug all of the body lines and really give the new Bronco a unique look.

Thank you for even considering XPEL protection for your Bronco. Let us know if we can answer any questions or help in any way.
I have a few questions can y’all message me?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted a very reputable Xpel shop about this. They said the pattern wasn’t out yet so the cost would be fairly high. I may do it myself on the bars in the back. It doesn’t look super difficult in a non conspicuous area.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, but I'm actually having mine done with Avery Dennison Supreme Defense Matte, which is a competitor product that has a built in hydrophobic coat top layer. I'll post lots of high res shots when it's all done, probably gonna start a whole new thread given that this one was originally about Xpel.
I'm just starting to research PPFs and most of what I find seems to like XPEL Ultimate Plus. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on Avery Dennison Supreme though. What made you choose that brand? Also, what are you wrapping (full Bronco including grill) and can you share the estimated price you are paying?

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm just starting to research PPFs and most of what I find seems to like XPEL Ultimate Plus. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on Avery Dennison Supreme though. What made you choose that brand? Also, what are you wrapping (full Bronco including grill) and can you share the estimated price you are paying?
Avery has been making films for a long time, but they are the relative newcomer to the ppf space. I'm going with them because the shop owner uses that on his personal rides, even though he has years of experience working with XPEL. He says that he prefers Avery because it has a built-in hydrophobic layer on the top, which means a ceramic coat is less necessary to put over top of that. Overall they are comparable products, and both have self-healing properties and that awesome satin finish.

I can't share my own price for it because Avery is sponsoring the wrap on my build, but I can tell you that the materials to do the full wrap of all the body of a four-door Bronco will probably run you upwards of $3k, and the labor to install it is going to vary pretty wildly across regions and shops. If your shop is really meticulous and take apart panels in order to avoid exposed seams, you're talking another three to five thousand. Other shops in smaller population areas or that do the job much quicker could charge you $1,500 to 2000, from what I've seen.

As for the grill, I don't think you would get that wrapped. At least not mine, the first edition has way too many holes that they would need to cut and contour. For that, you're better off either buying a new grill aftermarket, or plasti dipping or powder coating / respraying.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Avery has been making films for a long time, but they are the relative newcomer to the ppf space. I'm going with them because the shop owner uses that on his personal rides, even though he has years of experience working with XPEL. He says that he prefers Avery because it has a built-in hydrophobic layer on the top, which means a ceramic coat is less necessary to put over top of that. Overall they are comparable products, and both have self-healing properties and that awesome satin finish.

I can't share my own price for it because Avery is sponsoring the wrap on my build, but I can tell you that the materials to do the full wrap of all the body of a four-door Bronco will probably run you upwards of $3k, and the labor to install it is going to vary pretty wildly across regions and shops. If your shop is really meticulous and take apart panels in order to avoid exposed seams, you're talking another three to five thousand. Other shops in smaller population areas or that do the job much quicker could charge you $1,500 to 2000, from what I've seen.

As for the grill, I don't think you would get that wrapped. At least not mine, the first edition has way too many holes that they would need to cut and contour. For that, you're better off either buying a new grill aftermarket, or plasti dipping or powder coating / respraying.
Thanks for the insight. I wasn't planning on doing the ceramic coating but having the benefits of ceramic coating built in is definitely a nice bonus. I'll look into Avery when getting estimates, thanks!

NoDoors

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's a great question. Yes, if you get a metallic or pearl-like paint, that pearl and metallic flake will still shine through the STEALTH PPF. I think the cactus grey in STEALTH would look amazing actually. Yes, there may not be much flake, but it will be super unique and again the STEALTH really hugs those body lines. As I can't show you a picture of STEALTH on cactus grey yet, I would think it will be similar to Porsche's Chalk color as far as being in the same type of color family.

This first image shows the hood wrapped in STEALTH while the fenders and bumper are still glossy to show a contrast.
gt36_164e703a9807de007ad30f4322352eda853546fa.jpg

The shot below is the full final product.
5wvg214bfmm01.jpg

The difference between XPEL STEALTH and a matte vinyl wrap is that the STEALTH still has a sheen to it. No gloss, but a sheen. Whereas a matte is flat without a sheen. I think you'll be impressed and surprised by how good colors like Cactus Grey and Area 51 will look wrapped in STEALTH.
This is where I am. Cactus gray FE coming soon and going to do it all in stealth top to bottom. Excited to see it in final form.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the insight. I wasn't planning on doing the ceramic coating but having the benefits of ceramic coating built in is definitely a nice bonus. I'll look into Avery when getting estimates, thanks!
Sure thing! Follow my IG to see updates, it's being worked on as I type this.

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@XPEL is the 10 year warranty with the individual installer or with the company honored at other dealers / installers?

Are Ultimate Plus and Stealth the same durability? My use case is to minimize tree branch scratches on the trail but prefer the gloss finish.

Thanks!

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you mind sharing how much that set you back and which areas you had done?
Unfortunately that’s not my ride. I just found the description on the Expel website. I do think it’s interesting how it changes the look of Cactus Gray while also adding protection from pinstripes. Definitely won’t be cheap. Most quality full wrap jobs I’ve seen were in the $4K-$7K range. Which is why we’ve always elected to do partial coverage in key areas instead.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately that’s not my ride. I just found the description on the Expel website. I do think it’s interesting how it changes the look of Cactus Gray while also adding protection from pinstripes. Definitely won’t be cheap. Most quality full wrap jobs I’ve seen were in the $4K-$7K range. Which is why we’ve always elected to do partial coverage in key areas instead.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ive been quoted anywhere from 5k -7k for stealth on an R3. Wonder if it’s cheaper for the bronco since it’s so modular.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got several quotes in Utah for this in the last week and they all were pretty much at $7,000 for the Ultimate Plus and an additional grand for the Stealth.
Sponsored