DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the tan JTops on my Bronco and love it. I will try to get a better pics to post as far as visibility. I think one of the issues as far as pics you may see is that the view is somewhat polarized if not looking from where you would normally be sitting looking up. From a marketing standpoint, I can understand as most people want to see how the color of the material looks to see if it fits what they are going for. For example, I had someone ask how well the Driftwood Tan matched the Sandstone interior so I took this pic. Taking one from the driver seat looking up will pretty much look like looking through a screened door.
I did have the same visibility concern as you did and had to just take a leap at the time, but I have not been disappointed.
Ford Bronco Experience with JTop biminis? Bronco Inside
Sponsored

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a slightly different take, and it is due to the fact that I am a bit on the tall side (6'2"). The item installs and works as designed and is great in full sun / top off.

The issue comes up when the top is on and the front is not in full tension. The droop when the front is folded back with the top on is just enough to sit on the top of my head when in that mode.
It is unfortunate, but it makes the item unusable due to this issue. That along with the constant ringing from the zipper jingle is what led me to request a return authorization from the vendor.

They have unfortunately denied this request, so I guess I will try to sell it used at this point.

Received it as a gift and waited 3 months to get it, used it for one weekend and cannot wait to get it off of my vehicle.
Man, I was highly skeptical of the way the front tucks back when in hardtop mode and you have confirmed my worries! I'm not quite as tall as you but drooping would bug me nonetheless. Wondering if there is a way to rig something up when the hardtop is on to help...

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the tan JTops on my Bronco and love it. I will try to get a better pics to post as far as visibility. I think one of the issues as far as pics you may see is that the view is somewhat polarized if not looking from where you would normally be sitting looking up. From a marketing standpoint, I can understand as most people want to see how the color of the material looks to see if it fits what they are going for. For example, I had someone ask how well the Driftwood Tan matched the Sandstone interior so I took this pic. Taking one from the driver seat looking up will pretty much look like looking through a screened door.
I did have the same visibility concern as you did and had to just take a leap at the time, but I have not been disappointed.
Ford Bronco Experience with JTop biminis? Bronco Inside
Thanks for the pic! I was also wondering how well the driftwood matches the sandstone... Seems to be close enough to where I'd still want tan vs black. Any chance you could snap a pic from outside the vehicle? I haven't seen any tan versions other than this one pic!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Bestop Bimini, and removed it to install the JTOP, only problem is SoCal had a serious heatwave so I've gone without for a while waiting for things to cool off so I can reinstall the velcro with adhesion promoter.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a slightly different take, and it is due to the fact that I am a bit on the tall side (6'2"). The item installs and works as designed and is great in full sun / top off.

The issue comes up when the top is on and the front is not in full tension. The droop when the front is folded back with the top on is just enough to sit on the top of my head when in that mode.
It is unfortunate, but it makes the item unusable due to this issue. That along with the constant ringing from the zipper jingle is what led me to request a return authorization from the vendor.

They have unfortunately denied this request, so I guess I will try to sell it used at this point.

Received it as a gift and waited 3 months to get it, used it for one weekend and cannot wait to get it off of my vehicle.
At 6'2" as well I can confirm the droop but it DOES NOT hit my head. IDK. the zipper jingle is easy, tuck the zipper.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 6' and it really doesn't droop at all if you fold it back and let the magnets do their job. (ignore the crap in the garage)
Ford Bronco Experience with JTop biminis? IMG_3124

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I was highly skeptical of the way the front tucks back when in hardtop mode and you have confirmed my worries! I'm not quite as tall as you but drooping would bug me nonetheless. Wondering if there is a way to rig something up when the hardtop is on to help...
If folded back and tucked as we described in the installation video there will be no sag over your head.
There is a slight roll at the front of the shade that is under the visor. The key is not to fold it back to far.
Mike
Ford Bronco Experience with JTop biminis? B86A8139-248F-4ECA-8B17-895CEC6A0259

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sure can. I will get you a better exterior pic this afternoon and get you a pic looking up to try and showcase the transparency. Here is one just so you have something, but not the best angle to showcase the top fully.
Ford Bronco Experience with JTop biminis? Bronco Outside 2

Eruption

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At 6'2" as well I can confirm the droop but it DOES NOT hit my head. IDK. the zipper jingle is easy, tuck the zipper.
It could just be me, I am tall in the torso but no joke my hair is in constant contact with it or I have to hunch down. Had to remove it completely the first week. I am a bigger dude so I probably sit higher than most but it simply became more hassle then it was worth. Unfriendly return policy from the vendor leaves me with pawning it off on someone here for a loss or simply throwing it away.

Eruption

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Zippers heads can be tucked up when closing. It will eliminate any noise. A simple request to us to help the situation would have been nice.
Sorry we did meet your expectations. Your feedback will help us become a better company.
Mike
Ask for help, what are you going to do make me shorter?

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask for help, what are you going to do make me shorter?
You know if you had approached this right we would have helped. But you have been arrogant and unhelpful starting with having your wife contact us instead of you.

We have amassed thousands of incredibly happy customers over our 9 years. Our return policies have evolved because of customers like you who want to bend them.

We bend over backwards for our customers and that’s why we now have over 28,000 of them.

I know this is a public forum and I should keep my emotions in check. But as the owner I will spend my time helping customers who appreciate what we do and recommend positive changes we can make rather than bitch about something that is not a fault of our design.

You have the option to return it but we will stick to our return policies. It’s only fair to the rest of our awesome customer community.

Mike

Last edited:

Eruption

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know if you had approached this right we would have helped. But you have been arrogant and unhelpful starting with having your wife contact us instead of you.
We have amassed thousands of incredibly happy customers over our 9 years and our return policies have evolved because of customers like you.
We bend over backwards for our customers and that’s why we now have over 28,000 of them.
I know this is a public forum but as the owner I will spend my time helping customers who appreciate what we do.
You have the option to return it but we will stick to our return policies. It’s only fair to the rest of our awesome customers.
Mike
Hey man, you may have missed it but she is your customer. Ordered it as a gift, but you do you man. You want to give her a call, maybe you can get her to cry for you.

I would not take a penny from you my friend. This was a book keeping exercise on an online purchase that you turned into some form of persecution. if things are tight, let us know and maybe we can get a go fund me going for you.

I do apologize for my language, did not mean to offend but grow up a little. It is only a bad word because you choose to identify it as such. Any way, best of luck…hopefully that is not offensive. Full email sting below:

Full thread with emails redacted as an fyi:
Thank you for the follow up, we will go f*** ourselves I guess.
On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 12:59 PM Support Dept. <[email protected]> wrote:
You are entitled to make any comments. Feedback makes us a better company but we have return policies that apply to all customers. The positive comments and great reviews don’t match up to your comments.

Zippers can be easily tucked up in seconds and will they will not make any noise.

Sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Mike

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

On Sep 21, 2022, at 11:23 AM, Matthew Stephens wrote:
Hi Team,

I can speak to this. Shade was installed so will not meet the outlined criteria. Issue is that the shade comes in contact with my head when the top is on only. Totally get that it is because i am taller than average, but the issue is real.

Also, the zippers jingle the whole time the vehicle is in motion, more of an annoyance than an issue with the production and manufacturing. Happy to pay for shipping if you would support the full return and refund request. We waited many months for this item and installed it the first rain free weekend. Install was fine, top off it was great. Buttoned up things changed and not satisfied with the product. Shared with others on G6 to hopefully avoid this challenge for others in the future.

- Matt

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:09 AM
Subject: Fwd: Top
To: Ma......

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Top
To: Da......
CC: Helen julson <[email protected]>

You will be responsible to return it. It needs to be return in the original box in unused and uninstalled condition.
We are not trying to be difficult but we make it very clear the features of our products. There are installation videos clearly showing how the product should be installed and how it is designed. We are available 7 days a week to answer questions before a purchase is made.

Mike

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

On Sep 21, 2022, at 9:35 AM, Danielle Stephens wrote:
My husband is not satisfied with the product we want to send it back for full refund. How do I do this. He is saying it is the zipper on it. I have receipt on my email on purchase how do I send for refund? Thanks

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:29 AM Support Dept. wrote:
We are trying to understand. Zipper does not help? What is the issue with the zipper?

Mike

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

On Sep 21, 2022, at 9:25 AM, Danielle Stephenswrote:
The zipper.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 9:25 AM Support Dept. <[email protected]> wrote:
Sorry to hear. Can you please elaborate on why it’s not working for you?
This is not something we typically hear from customers.

Mike

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

> On Sep 21, 2022, at 6:42 AM, Danielle Stephenswrote:
>
> The top isn’t working for us and I need to return it. We are not satisfied with it. How do I do it?
>
> Thanks Rebecs

Last edited:

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

We have amassed thousands of incredibly happy customers over our 9 years. Our return policies have evolved because of customers like you who want to bend them.

I know this is a public forum and I should keep my emotions in check. But as the owner I will spend my time helping customers who appreciate what we do and recommend positive changes we can make rather than bitch about something that is not a fault of our design.

You have the option to return it but we will stick to our return policies. It’s only fair to the rest of our awesome customer community.

Mike
Wow,youscrewed the pooch on this response to a customer. You lost a potential customer. Unbelievable your response. Completely unprofessional

Eruption

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow,youscrewed the pooch on this response to a customer. You lost a potential customer. Unbelievable your response. Completely unprofessional
Cannot stress how important it is to prevent bullying of women, and that is what it felt like Mike was doing here.

Last edited: