First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great. Thanks. Had it hiding from the sun all day. Top goes on tonight.

Promotor sticks were super easy to use.

PXL_20220928_191351713.NIGHT.jpg
Is that how the velcro has to look? I guess you don’t see it when the JTop is on but…….
Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that how the velcro has to look? I guess you don’t see it when the JTop is on but…….
I thought about cutting pieces out to make it look cleaner but decided im fine with that.

Can't see it with the shade on.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a JTops on order but needed something for a trip so I ordered a Gear shade for that week. I figured i'd sell which ever one I didn't like.

Gear shade was an easy install, stretched fine. Gave plenty of shade. I didn't like the gap at the front between the windshield and the mesh top and it flapped pretty good on the highway.

Jtops mesh top was a much more involved install. I installed my velcro on a normal 80 ish degree day and waited 2 days to install the mesh top. We had a major heatwave that week and I had some issues with the velcro pulling away. Contacted Mike at Jtops and they sent me a whole new velcro kit and goof off to remove the residue of the old velcro. Awesome customer service for sure. As far as the top goes, there is absolutely no comparison between them. The Jtops looks factory, provides plenty of relief from the sun but does not take away from the open top feel of the bronco and it it hardly flaps at all at speed on the highway. I have the hardtop version and didn't like the jingling of the zippers so I cut all the pull tabs off and threaded some thin black ribbon thru them. Works perfect.
Great idea with the ribbon!! I wrapped mine in electrical tape. This weekend I’ll be cutting them off!

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had a couple of days with the JTop and I like it. You can hear it on the freeway or with a cross-breeze but I would say it overall is slightly quieter than the normal wind noise. Zero tapping or clicking anywhere.

Sun-blocking is perfect. Still can see through it a bit but it really cuts down on the sun. I was working on solutions to the MGV seats getting too hot but this solves it.

I ended up leaving it in direct sun for a few hours and seats were warm but not burning. I can ditch the hat driving with the top off.

I think they did a good job with the design. Everything feels solid and sturdy. It was a bit tight at first and loosened up after two days. I tightened it up and now its perfect.

We will see how it holds up over time but nothing feels cheap or unfinished.

Ford Bronco Experience with JTop biminis? PXL_20220930_012751114

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got it installed today and took it for a couple of short rides.
Ride 1 Toless was amazing. Can't wait to get it on the trail.
Ride 2 just front panels removed, since this is how it will be driven most days. It was equally awesome.
Installation was easy.

Note: I'm 6' 3" and 230. Have no problem with sag or headroom. I only folded back enough to engage the roof latches and it worked great.

Highly recommend JTops!!

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got it installed today and took it for a couple of short rides.
Ride 1 Toless was amazing. Can't wait to get it on the trail.
Ride 2 just front panels removed, since this is how it will be driven most days. It was equally awesome.
Installation was easy.

Note: I'm 6' 3" and 230. Have no problem with sag or headroom. I only folded back enough to engage the roof latches and it worked great.

Highly recommend JTops!!
Thank you! I will share it with the team!
Mike

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Mike
Suggestion, the front zippers do come untucked. In my short experience the driver side comes untucked more often than the passenger.
Both of them unzip from right to left as I sit in the driver's seat. That leaves the driver side zipper in the middle of the top while closed, the passengertear the crash rail. The center of the top will naturally vibrate more than the edges.

If you installed the zippers where both sides zipped closed towards the crash rail I think it could help with them coming untucked.
@JTopsUSA

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No your not suppose to wrinkle it like that, make pie cuts to move around the curve
Sponsored