First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been dealing with a transmission noise since I got my Bronco. I’ll take a video again today, but to say it’s only when you push clutch in your hear a clunk and sometimes some rattling.

@Ford Motor Company reached out and got me a case, but after 2 days of diagnosing at my dealer, FoMoCo hotline told them to compare to vehicle in kind….which sucks cause there’s no other 7MT broncos around here. SO, they say oh it’s prolly normal which is ridiculous imo. I communicated this to my contact for my case and is supposed to be following up.

But that being said, perhaps a few 7MT owners could post and let me know if they hear anything. If no one does maybe I can show the dealership some videos so they can further diagnose.
I can even compare the video I post to theirs. If it’s normal that’s fine but telling me “you have a warranty so if it breaks you’re covered” doesn’t really give me warm feelings when I have 2 kids to worry about if I break down lol.
Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to say it but I think this forum is going to start filling up with more manual transmission problem posts as miles get put on. The 7MT being unavailable behind the 2.7 and initially unavailable with Sasquatch told me everything I needed to know to avoid it.

JD11937

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No video for reference yet but mine does not make any noise, especially a clunk or a rattle. Doesn’t sound like normal behavior to me.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, many of us have the same noise. There are a couple different threads on here about what has been done at other dealers.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been dealing with a transmission noise since I got my Bronco. I’ll take a video again today, but to say it’s only when you push clutch in your hear a clunk and sometimes some rattling.

@Ford Motor Company reached out and got me a case, but after 2 days of diagnosing at my dealer, FoMoCo hotline told them to compare to vehicle in kind….which sucks cause there’s no other 7MT broncos around here. SO, they say oh it’s prolly normal which is ridiculous imo. I communicated this to my contact for my case and is supposed to be following up.

But that being said, perhaps a few 7MT owners could post and let me know if they hear anything. If no one does maybe I can show the dealership some videos so they can further diagnose.
I can even compare the video I post to theirs. If it’s normal that’s fine but telling me “you have a warranty so if it breaks you’re covered” doesn’t really give me warm feelings when I have 2 kids to worry about if I break down lol.
Happy to help.

I have '22 badlands 7MT

It is a week and a half old with 1800 miles on it.

DM me and we can facetime or whatever to get the video's/soundclips you need

PS... no noticeable sounds on mine

=== UPDATE ===
Yeap...mine has some bad grinding noises.
My noises are different, it's a grinding noise like a washing machine in the background. It's definitely new and I noticed it's not driving/shifting as well as it used to. See my post here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/strange-grinding-scraping-noise-from-22-badlands-7mt.57628/

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4K miles on my MY21 Black diamond 7MT and no noise like you are describing.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get one weird noise, but it only happens under specific conditions. I find it happens when I leave work, only on warmer days though, and only on the initial shift from 1st to 2nd. More of a metallic “pop” kind of noise, not so much a clunk. However, the same noise can occur in the same scenario if I rev to 3k rpm in first and let the gas off, before I push the clutch in.

I can’t think what would be the cause, and it’s so hard to replicate I haven’t bothered mentioning it to my dealer. For reference, it only seems to happen when the truck has been parked for more than a few hours and the engine oil temp shows between 30-40 degrees C on the dash. Outside that temp range it doesn’t occur. 25,000 km on mine and no other issues

Sponsored
OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks to everyone! I’m bout to hop in it and post a video for y’all to see. I’ve gotten to where I can easily reproduce it as I don’t even have to shift just push in clutch after increasing RPMs while moving.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only noise I get is a squeaky clutch pedal which started at around 6k miles (I'm at 10,600 now). Took it to the dealer, they drove it, stated it feels fine and questioned if I really want to leave it for a squeaky pedal. Looked under the dash, saw the spring covered in grease (which is obviously good), but I don't know where else to look and/or if I should grab a can of dry silicon grease and start spraying around....

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So trying to diagnose mechanical noises via a phone video over the internet is pretty much pointless. It's anyone's guess.

I just picked up my Black Diamond w/ manual transmission on Friday and ran it through its paces yesterday on an 11 hour, 300-mile break-in drive. I've noticed the clutch engages early in the pedal release throw (some say it as "releases at the bottom"). The shifter is clunky compared to what I'm used to. I strictly drive manuals, so experience is something that I do not lack.

Regarding noise with the Bronco's Getrag 7-speed I've not heard anything unusual so far. I'll check for noise today. Outright failure related to your kids in the car, manuals rarely break, and when they do it shows up as losing access to some of the gears not all of them. You've got 50,000 miles of warranty. If there is a manufacturing defect and its making noise already, then the rans will slowly become noisier in the near term. It still shifts, which is why the dealer said to wait. Really no other diagnosis to give. Let it break in.
Yeah mine has about 1/4 pedal play, before there’s any tension. Then the engagement point is about 1/2 way. The trans tech was initially concerned about my clutch pedal as it didn’t feel right at all to him, but after checking slave and pressures everything was good. He was stumped. What he said was he wished transmissions still had an inspection port so he could see the clutch, in these there’s no way to see anything without dropping trans. He said on mustang there’s vents on top and sometimes you can see clutch material up there.

He did say the 1-2nd was clunky, but figured it’s normal. But let me show you the noise it makes shortly. It’s not transmission I believe but clutch or throw out bearing. It makes a lot of noise to the point people point it out. Judging from responses so far it shouldn’t be making them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally got video. @Ford Motor Company just in case dealer says it’s normal lol the noise starts as soon as clutch disengages aka pedal is pushed in: (trying to cut down video to fit is hard)

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sometimes if it's still under a bit of load when I disengage (pedal in) there's a clunk and shake/rattle noise, but it's not all the time.
Sponsored