Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With my soft top the rear window on the drivers side opens up most of the time Iā€™m on the highway. Itā€™s even worse when the top is halfway open but can happen anytime. Thankfully it hasnā€™t rained much and when it does I tend to not drive the bronco.

Dealership is looking into it said it could be ā€œmonthsā€ until they have a solution. That was in late Septemberā€¦

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With my soft top the rear window on the drivers side opens up most of the time Iā€™m on the highway. Itā€™s even worse when the top is halfway open but can happen anytime. Thankfully it hasnā€™t rained much and when it does I tend to not drive the bronco.

Dealership is looking into it said it could be ā€œmonthsā€ until they have a solution. That was in late Septemberā€¦
That is not good. So does actually lower or just bow put from the seal?

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is not good. So does actually lower or just bow put from the seal?
Itā€™s the vinyl window thatā€™s part of the top the rear part of the panel pops out and leaves the back portion of the window open.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We used to do a fun game in my Jetta and turn on each others seat heaters and see how long it would take for the other to notice. That game isn't fun anymore.
I used to turn on the a/c seat on my wife without her knowing and after a minute or so she thought her panties were wet šŸ˜œ

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s the vinyl window thatā€™s part of the top the rear part of the panel pops out and leaves the back portion of the window open.
Oh, okay. I wonder if that is a defect on the particular top you received. I drove through through 30-45 mph winds for several hours and the top and windows were flapping like crazy. I was wondering if they would stay in, but they did. It seems like they just need to send you a new side window. I wonder if it is just a bit too long.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My early Quirks/Complaints with my Badlands would be...

1) I'm hating the double honk when the key fob leaves the vehicle. Even more than auto-start/stop. Thank you forscan.
2) Unprotected transmission cross-members that hang a couple inches lower than the skid plates and rock rails (2.7 auto's).
3) Windows that freeze to the weather stripping when conditions are just right. Scared the hell out of me, never knew a pane of glass could wobble like that without breaking.
4) Retro eighties tach and speedo.
5) Gaps between the fender flares and rock rails.
6) Seat heaters with three settings; hot, inferno and thermo-nuclear.

I'm loving it so far and don't want to bitch too much. I only mention these things in hopes they get improved the next time around.

Last edited:

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, okay. I wonder if that is a defect on the particular top you received. I drove through through 30-45 mph winds for several hours and the top and windows were flapping like crazy. I was wondering if they would stay in, but they did. It seems like they just need to send you a new side window. I wonder if it is just a bit too long.
Hmm thatā€™s good to know. I may press the dealership some more. Itā€™s been a secondary concern compared to the brake assist failures I receive as well. But thatā€™s not really a quirkā€¦

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm thatā€™s good to know. I may press the dealership some more. Itā€™s been a secondary concern compared to the brake assist failures I receive as well. But thatā€™s not really a quirkā€¦
Uh, yeah, that is definitely a bigger deal. I hope they get it resolved for you soon:

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cloaking devise on mine never turns off. I canā€™t seem to see my Bronco in my drivewayā€¦ ever.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello all, I just picked up my 2 Door today. This might not be the right thread. But is this enough coolant in the tank? Seems like half of it is gone. I've read the horror stories of the leak and people's engines going down. Any suggestions are welcome.

IMG_6197.JPG
Your coolant is right where it is supposed to be, to the MAX line at the center mold seam. The rest of the space is for science, when hot coolant/water expand, they need someplace to go, so it does not overflow on the ground.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Slamming the door to get them to latch. Ive been to the dealer once to get it adjusted already. I guess I need to go back. Sometimes I still have to pull 3-4 times before the warning clears the dash.
I had a dedicated thread about this. But after 6 weeks my success rate is much better. Not sure if itā€™s me getting the right feel for it, or something mechanical that has gotten worn in.

Edit now that Iā€™m reading it could be cabin pressure similar to a wrangler maybe itā€™s the roof seals settling, or some type of seal settling allowing some breathing room. Interesting.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a dedicated thread about this. But after 6 weeks my success rate is much better. Not sure if itā€™s me getting the right feel for it, or something mechanical that has gotten worn in.
Did you have the dealer adjust the door or did you?
Sponsored