The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
And they shoulda named the Maverick a Courier and the shoulda called the Bronco Sport the all new Escape and they shoulda brought back the Probe as their first all electric vehicle (for the JOKES!) and they should...
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad, the Warthog is grounded...

3ba78eb001906ea77?width=1300&format=jpeg&auto=webp.jpg
Fun fact, the airplane was designed to be able to land with it's gear up, the outer landing gear wheels protrude from the pod they retract into. They expected them to get so shot up, survive and have to land, so they could be repaired and fly the next day.

In that regard, Ford doesn't deserve the name.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fun fact, the airplane was designed to be able to land with it's great up, the outer landing gear wheels protrude from the pod they retract into. They expected them to get so shot up, survive and have to land, so they could be repaired and fly the next day.
Unless the gun malfunctions and blows the canopy off.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ultimately agree. but it will not stop me from buying one!!!!! Everything else about it is bad freaking ass!!!!!!! I am hoping someone will make something aftermarket to keep the DOT lights, keep the headlights, etc. but change to the BRONCO lettering.

As far as the name goes, Warthog was pretty badass. Warthogs are some crazy, tough, bad ass animals! the explanation made ZERO sense. That being said, it makes COMPLETE sense why they are going with Raptor.
I really wish they would have chosen the Warthog name too.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Completely agree it looks terrible on Bronco.

From a quick glance around society, I don’t see evidence Ford’s decision was idiotic. 😂
From a quick glance around Society, i would say society is often pretty idiotic ;)

You have to remember, Transformers movies make MILLIONS of dollars...

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mach E should have been the Galaxie. The marketing writes itself with Electric Galaxie, plus paints a cool picture.
I think they should have called it the new Model E.

Not sure if Tesla has that locked that down but if Ford could have used it, I think it was a huge missed opportunity.

Seriously how cool would that have been? To come full circle from the beginning of the automotive industry to the next era for Ford and the automobile. That would have been way better than watering down the Mustang name.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they should have called it the new Model E.

Not sure if Tesla has that locked that down but if Ford could have used it, I think it was a huge missed opportunity.

Seriously how cool would that have been? To come full circle from the beginning of the automotive industry to the next era for Ford and the automobile. That would have been way better than watering down the Mustang name.
Anyone who would primarily respond to "Model" with "Ford" has assumed ambient temperature over 50 years ago. Should have locked any semblance of Model or MK or LTD or... oh, wait. Taurus still sells, right, not, 500... Wait! Bronco!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They should have stuck with "Warthog" for the Bronco brand. Kinda lame to ride Raptor's coattails.

IMO the WT is already Raptor-ish and would have been a better fit for a "Raptor" version or upgrade rather than a completely different model.
Ford relies heavily upon riding the coattails of their well known brands. It's why the Mach E is called a "Mustang" and the Sport is apparently a "Bronco" and why the performance Bronco will be a Raptor.

This is how they sell vehicles to non enthusiasts. Ride the brand name wave, baby. I'm shocked that anyone is surprised by the decision to call it a Raptor.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well sorry that bullets (depleted uranium) comes out of the front of an American warplane,bullets, came out of the front of the mustang too
Just pretend bad guys don't exist in your world.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well sorry that bullets (depleted uranium) comes out of the front of an American warplane,bullets, came out of the front of the mustang too
Just pretend bad guys don't exist in your world.
Again, this time in english.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to say something controversial, the Raptor grill is gaudy and unattactive. Ford is idiotic for copying that onto the Bronco.
I'll state something even more controversial:

Both the Warthog and the Raptor are terrible names. They seem childish, to me and are the exact opposite of "bad-ass" mainly because the names are telling "me" they are bad-ass.

No offense to those who like it, but the name alone meant I would never own one. Honestly, I didn't really want a Sasquatch package for a similar reason...