stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't cry when the Raptor brand continues to be diluted when the Maverick Raptor, Transit Raptor, Bronco Sport Raptor, etc. are released. Some might scoff at the idea, but Ford will whore out the Raptor name if there is money to be made. Ford had a unique opportunity to branch out the Bronco brand and have the Warthog represent the badassery that it is. Instead, it is lumped in with the rest of the Raptors.
Reminds me of the most forgetable mustang cobra of all time-the 1975 mustang II cobra.
Sponsored

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't cry when the Raptor brand continues to be diluted when the Maverick Raptor, Transit Raptor, Bronco Sport Raptor, etc. are released. Some might scoff at the idea, but Ford will whore out the Raptor name if there is money to be made. Ford had a unique opportunity to branch out the Bronco brand and have the Warthog represent the badassery that it is. Instead, it is lumped in with the rest of the Raptors.
I dunno. I like that Jeep uses the Rubicon name to indicate front and rear lockers and a sway bar disconnect across their model lines. Same with Toyota and what TRD Pro brings to the table. As long as Ford is somewhat consistent in what a Raptor offers, their system of nomenclature and branding is exactly the same as the other manufacturers with an off-road lineup.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it's 3 not two raptors....the ranger also qualfies...and doops the name even more...
Splitting hairs here as to whether the Ranger Raptor is yet available...

That said, I think the RR is Raptor worthy. It trounces all near competitors on power and will likely handily outperforms them all around.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd find the name "Warthog" very compelling. It could have tempted me to up my order a notch or two.
On a different, sad note: the US Air Force is retiring the magnificent A-10 "Warthog" from active service. An exciting video--sorry, could only post the link:

This video came from a site that elsewhere posts conservative content, and I got suspended for a month once for posting a Ford business article on a similar site. If you're interested in the article, search, which contains the video: "The A-10 Warthog Making One Final Flight -- to the Boneyard."
This is interesting from the standpoint of nicknames...the "official" nickname for the A-10 attack aircraft was "thunderbolt 2" (in reference to the P-47). Air force personnel named it the warthog, and the name just stuck. Not a pretty name, not a pretty aircraft, and it's primary mission isn't pretty either...Its just DOES THE JOB it was built for!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That said, I think the RR is Raptor worthy. It trounces all near competitors on power and will likely handily outperforms them all around.

Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today PXL_20230610_130018345

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fair enough, retracting that. I'm obviously not following that truck/market very closely. I thought they were still a way off of "on the streets".

orange01z28

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember in 2020 when the idea of Bronco being its own brand was being pushed by Ford. They wanted to have dealers build Bronco specific sales centers at their dealerships.
Warthog would've been a part of that branding and everyone would know that it was the top tier Bronco when they heard the name Warthog. Just like when the only Raptor was an F150...you instantly knew what a Raptor was. Now you have to figure out what Raptor is being talked about....a Bronco, F150, or Ranger.
San Tan Ford has the Bronco-specific sales center

Sponsored

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Warthog was a cool name...maybe Ford just isn't ready to be cool? Woulda totally set them up to do an even more limited high perf variant named "Boss Hog"

Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today PXL_20230610_130018345
Don’t you mean “HOSS Hog”?

iSurvive

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Ranger Raptor has been available for years, just not in the states. The US Raptor is available as a 2024 model year and you can build one on Ford’s website.

Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today IMG_0531

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I liken the “Raptor” name to Dodge’s R/T. It is a designation which, up to this point, signifies top level performance (off-road for the Raptor, rather than on-road for R/T). Now, there are R/T Dodge Darts and crossover SUV’s, so dilution has already happened with that badge. But why would we get mad over what *may* happen in the future? A Charger and Challenger are both worthy of the R/T moniker, and a Bronco, F150 and Ranger are worthy of Raptor, too.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In 1965 during Bronco development, the internal pre-rollout code name was Goat. The internal code name for the raptor was warthog. I could take either warthog or raptor for the current one, but I am glad they opted for bronco over goat imho…….
Sponsored