First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, after working for an industrial engineering design/procurement/ construction company through a couple of projects, you realize that one simple change may ”cascade“ through thousands of other documents that also have to be changed to match.
Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice find. Ford missed the opportunity to distinguish the Bronco brand by continuing to dilute the Raptor brand.
Totally agree. Raptor branding is now boring and diluted and the marketing people that went with this decision because “people would be confused” are dumb. No one is confused about what a Cobra is because there’s a Raptor.
At best they could have kept Raptor branding to the trucks for F150/Ranger and used Warthog for Bronco and future SUV style off-roaders.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd find the name "Warthog" very compelling. It could have tempted me to up my order a notch or two.
On a different, sad note: the US Air Force is retiring the magnificent A-10 "Warthog" from active service. An exciting video--sorry, could only post the link:

This video came from a site that elsewhere posts conservative content, and I got suspended for a month once for posting a Ford business article on a similar site. If you're interested in the article, search, which contains the video: "The A-10 Warthog Making One Final Flight -- to the Boneyard."

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the whining about "Brand recognition" and want for an identity, don't forget the first modern Bronco to hit the roads was this:
Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today 1688489979300

Now this should have been called the Bronco Warthog...

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally disagree. It's perfect to call this new top-end Bronco a Raptor. The F-150 Raptors are fantastic, filled with amazing performance and legacy. The performance and dominance of the Bronco Raptor shows the same branding is well deserved. I just can't find my way to any dilution happening here.
Yeah agree. Raptor is the Ford Performance brand. I don't see the Raptor branding being diluted at all. Ford Performance is very selective on what vehicles they take and take to the next level. I don't understand why everyone gets so sensitive about this. It looks like the Raptor branding is still very strong.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't cry when the Raptor brand continues to be diluted when the Maverick Raptor, Transit Raptor, Bronco Sport Raptor, etc. are released. Some might scoff at the idea, but Ford will whore out the Raptor name if there is money to be made. Ford had a unique opportunity to branch out the Bronco brand and have the Warthog represent the badassery that it is. Instead, it is lumped in with the rest of the Raptors.
Well, what has happened to date is very different than what, I agree, will likely happen in the future. Today, two bad a$$ rigs, no dilution, appropriate (even best choice IMHO) branding. I do agree that in the future there will very likely be dilution.

I also agree, that I don't like dilution. I've seen it strongly with my personal rigs including BMW M cars, where their are cars that are not even close to true M cars and they get M badges and now with the mulitple TRD versions. Come on how many TRD versions are there? Both choices just shite in my view.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, which is the SVT Contour? The Bronco or Ranger Raptor? Maybe it's the Ranger and F150 Tremor tying for that dishonorific?

I would love an E350 Raptor to be honest.
E350! That bad-ass van would have to be a Warthog!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, what has happened to date is very different than what, I agree, will likely happen in the future. Today, two bad a$$ rigs, no dilution, appropriate (even best choice IMHO) branding. I do agree that in the future there will very likely be dilution.

I also agree, that I don't like dilution. I've seen it strongly with my personal rigs including BMW M cars, where their are cars that are not even close to true M cars and they get M badges and now with the mulitple TRD versions. Come on how many TRD versions are there? Both choices just shite in my view.
it's 3 not two raptors....the ranger also qualfies...and doops the name even more...

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, we are talking top level performance as opposed to simply an appearance package.
What are you saying! Leather seats and fancy stickers don't make it go faster, ride smoother and go better on the beach!?
Sponsored