NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So a GM dealership employee, former Ford dealership employee, somehow had Ford corporate trade secrets?
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Godzilla engine is a push rod engine. Thus it takes up less space then the current modular Coyote V 8 made by Ford. It most likely could fit in the current Bronco. However, if Ford gets 400 hp from the 3.0 six, why would they bother with a V8? Don’t get me wrong, I would be first in line for a V8 Bronco, but I don’t think Ford will opt to go that route. BTW, Ford recently put forth a super charged Godzilla that produces obscene HP and Torque numbers. It may be offered as a crate motor, though some speculate a possible Super Duty option.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/s...-hits-over-1000-horsepower-on-the-dyno-video/
Because people want it?

I'm getting tired of Ford trying to convince me to buy something different than what I truly want. Just shut up and build a V8 (and take my money!)

88b6cf68bdddc1b8fa4fe3f393990ba344f7bba9_hq.gif

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As much as I love the Coyote, it is not the right engine for the Bronco. Pushrod engines make their torque at low RPMs, where it would be used in the Bronco. The cross section is narrower, and should fit without major modifications to the compartment. My personal preference would be an aluminum small block, to avoid the excess weight of an iron block. Will it happen, only with cubic dollars thrown at an aftermarket specialty manufacture.
It's seriously getting to the point where I'm wondering if I'll need to buy my Bronco from Saleen or Roush
Sponsored