First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I hate to be that guy, but if you’re gonna be acting all official to burn some dude on the internet… The A-10’s real name is Thunderbolt, not Warthog.

Warthog was just a nickname given later.

/pendantry: Anyway, Warthog is an infinitely cooler fucking name. And Warthog and Raptor both connote bad-assness, regardless of what that other dude said.

I think the idea of of Ford shareholders, more concerned with brand recognition and fluidity, killing the Warthog name in favor of Raptor so that Joe “Walmart” Public (who can’t possibly understand two different names :rolleyes:) wouldn’t get confused. Warthog was an opportunity for a new “brand” under the blue oval. Congrats, ya blew it.

[Simpsons comic book collector voice]Well, actually it is the Thunderbolt II, the original Thunderbolt being the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, from the same manufacturer, Fairchild Republic.[/Simpsons comic book collector voice]
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped trusting Ford marketing to come up with a good name after the Bronco Sport. That's confused too many people about what the real bronco is.

It should be called warthog. Those who know, would know why.
My disdain for Ford and product names goes way back to the mid-80s where they very nearly replaced the Mustang, next to the F150 being Fords the oldest continuous name plate, with the Mazda derivative "Probe..."

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get teased by my non ford fan friend over names and i think he is kind of right....... for example..... Is it a horse? is it a coyote? is it a dinosaur? what is it? is it both? (which would be wierd). My opinion, for vehicles that have an animal as its logo, they should stick to special designators like GT or Sport or Baja or "R". it gets kind of silly when you have multiple names. Just my opinion and 2 cents.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm going to say something controversial, the Raptor grill is gaudy and unattactive. Ford is idiotic for copying that onto the Bronco.

I agree. That grill looks terrible.

Also, they should have called it the Warthog. I have to admit so far I am not impressed with the offering on the Bronco Raptor.

At least they nailed the Bronco. I was considering getting a Bronco Warthog in addition to the FE, but now I'm not so sure. I'd rather get the V8 DR.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco and Mustang and Falcon and Thunderbird and Cougar were named by real men who grew up with nothing but a radio and their imagination, came home after hunting down Nazis and Japanese psychopaths and banged the prom queen.
Everything since 2000 has been named by victims of gynocomastia who grew up eating boogers and baitin' to anime.

Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Focus groups & Marketing win!
Warthog has no meaning and new things (names/branding) are always a challenge. Additionally, shared parts? is that a consideration?

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco and Mustang and Falcon and Thunderbird and Cougar were named by real men who grew up with nothing but a radio and their imagination, came home after hunting down Nazis and Japanese psychopaths and banged the prom queen.
Everything since 2000 has been named by victims of gynocomastia who grew up eating boogers and baitin' to anime.
Same with guns.

We used to have cool names like Detective Special, Combat Magnum, Police Positive, Highway Patrolman, Python, Anaconda, Deerslayer, Stakeout, Bren 10...

Now it's all soyboy number+letter designations.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford should have named their electric SUV the “ Mercury”, and left Mach well enough alone.
I have said for several years, FoMoCo should bring back Mercury as a dedicated EV only marque.

Keep the 3-bar Mustang inspired tail lights and call it the Mercury Marauder. Or even just Mercury Mach-E.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From a quick glance around Society, i would say society is often pretty idiotic ;)

You have to remember, Transformers movies make MILLIONS of dollars...
Are you making my point back to me? 😆

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I hate to be that guy, but if you’re gonna be acting all official to burn some dude on the internet… The A-10’s real name is Thunderbolt, not Warthog.

Warthog was just a nickname given later.

/pendantry: Anyway, Warthog is an infinitely cooler fucking name. And Warthog and Raptor both connote bad-assness, regardless of what that other dude said.

I think the idea of of Ford shareholders, more concerned with brand recognition and fluidity, killing the Warthog name in favor of Raptor so that Joe “Walmart” Public (who can’t possibly understand two different names :rolleyes:) wouldn’t get confused. Warthog was an opportunity for a new “brand” under the blue oval. Congrats, ya blew it.
Thunderbolt 2

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same with guns.

We used to have cool names like Detective Special, Combat Magnum, Police Positive, Highway Patrolman, Python, Anaconda, Deerslayer, Stakeout, Bren 10...

Now it's all soyboy number+letter designations.
The judge

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But if you own both you can't refer to both as the Raptor. You would have to say F150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You could just call the F-150 a Raptor and the Bronco Raptor a Braptor. ;)

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coulda been known as the Warthog The Ford