First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Fair enough, retracting that. I'm obviously not following that truck/market very closely. I thought they were still a way off of "on the streets".
I was in the UK and Ireland all of May and there were Ranger Raptors everywhere. So many you would think it was a standard trim.
Sponsored

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think when you look at the F-150 raptors origins and it being a Baja desert pre-runner the fact that the warthog/ Bronco Raptor is purpose built for the same thing made the most sense in the corporate eyes of Ford. Am I disappointed that it's not called a warthog - not terribly. But that being said, I have wanted an F-150 Raptor since they first arrived on the scene a decade ago, but I never really had a good justification for needing a vehicle of that size crew cab 6.2 the whole deal. Nor did I want to be that friend who gets the phone call every weekend to help somebody move their shit just because I have a pickup truck.

So when the opportunity came up to obtain a Bronco Raptor I was all in. Now that I have it, I feel pretty confident in saying that it is worthy of the Raptor name and with all the supply troubles and constraints that Ford had, I think in the long run trying to build a new brand around Warthog would have proved to have been an absolute failure. That's easy to say now looking back on it and I don't think that factored into their decision at all. I think they went with what they knew which was Raptor equals Baja.

I had no idea as the OP that that little sticker would result in such a lengthy conversation around naming convention.
The popularity of the bronco is crazy and the competition of wanting to one up another on who has what is mildly embarrassing.
I'm of the opinion if Ford called it (Bronco Raptor) the "fatboy tiddly wink" it would sell just as well. I live in LA. Almost nobody here bought it because it was capable off road, it's 100% I can afford more than you hence I'm better. When the EV 🤢 model comes out at a super inflated price with a 10K ADM the fanboys will flock too as a show of superiority. Simple car economics.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've just reached out to Akin Ford to place a reservation on a Fatboy Tiddly Wink in the Excessive Fabulistic trim that adds a level 8 A/C fan setting and audio that "goes to 11." I have also opted for the "Twinkle Toes" package which provides a 14" lift on 25" tires. See you boys at the mall!

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think when you look at the F-150 raptors origins and it being a Baja desert pre-runner the fact that the warthog/ Bronco Raptor is purpose built for the same thing made the most sense in the corporate eyes of Ford. Am I disappointed that it's not called a warthog - not terribly. But that being said, I have wanted an F-150 Raptor since they first arrived on the scene a decade ago, but I never really had a good justification for needing a vehicle of that size crew cab 6.2 the whole deal. Nor did I want to be that friend who gets the phone call every weekend to help somebody move their shit just because I have a pickup truck.

So when the opportunity came up to obtain a Bronco Raptor I was all in. Now that I have it, I feel pretty confident in saying that it is worthy of the Raptor name and with all the supply troubles and constraints that Ford had, I think in the long run trying to build a new brand around Warthog would have proved to have been an absolute failure. That's easy to say now looking back on it and I don't think that factored into their decision at all. I think they went with what they knew which was Raptor equals Baja.

I had no idea as the OP that that little sticker would result in such a lengthy conversation around naming convention.
Welcome to the auto community! We debate auto vs manuals next Monday, or the next time someone creates a new thread.

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why isn’t there a Mustang Raptor? Ford GT Raptor?
It’s on it way. This was in Car & Driver in April.

500hp 2” lift skid plates. Perfect for handling the parking blocks at the mall. Only comes in an automatic though.

Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today IMG_0057

Last edited:

Sponsored

iSurvive

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s on it way. This was in Car & Driver in April.

500hp 2” lift skid plates. Perfect for handling the parking blocks at the mall. Only comes in an automatic though.

Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today IMG_0057
I’ve always wanted a baja racer! Ford wouldn’t be the only one selling these.

iSurvive

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
MotorTrend has some mockups as well…

Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today IMG_0536

iSurvive

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Or you can shell out $450,000 for a Zarooq SandRacer 500GT…

Ford Bronco Found this little Warthog nugget in the Bronco Raptor today IMG_0537

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't cry when the Raptor brand continues to be diluted when the Maverick Raptor, Transit Raptor, Bronco Sport Raptor, etc. are released. Some might scoff at the idea, but Ford will whore out the Raptor name if there is money to be made. Ford had a unique opportunity to branch out the Bronco brand and have the Warthog represent the badassery that it is. Instead, it is lumped in with the rest of the Raptors.
The Braptor in question is all Raptor. Most could careless if other models get a Raptor name. The Braptor is top notch. Code name was Warthog. Its a Raptor now.
Sponsored