The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bulletproof? Lol. 392 internals are so weak, they can't even handle boost. The 3.6 Pentastar is way more stout than the 6.4. I ran 13psi of boost in my Wrangler for 4 years, making more power and torque than the 392.

Nothing bulletproof about a 6.4. Your obviously not mechanically inclined.

I love my 2.3/7sp, very happy with my decision.
I owned 2 392 vehicles and never had a single issue. At 500hp didn't find the need for boost!! 3.6 more stout the the 392?? Oh God. Please.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Says the tough guy with the 2.3 Bronco. I guess you can talk shit because you have nothing to worry about. And what's wrong with the 392? It's 500hp and I averaged 21 mpg on the highway driving easy and 17mpg ripping around. And it was bullet proof. Only major issue I've ever heard anyone having with the 392 was when people went and Super Charged them.
I love my 2.3/7sp, very happy with my decision. I personally wouldn't go around living in fear if I had chose the 2.7 anyway. That's what the warranty is for. I was pushing the limits of my Pentastar, not going to worry about a small percentage of engine failures.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

and the doom and gloom continues... Does anyone know the actual percentage of problems and how that compares to every other vehicle manufactured in the US? Just curious if there is a database to refer to before sounding the alarms based on a handful of people who share their story.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I owned 2 392 vehicles and never had a single issue. At 500hp didn't find the need for boost!! 3.6 more stout the the 392?? Oh God. Please.
"I had two 392s and never handle an issue...that must mean the thousands of other engines out there are bulletproof too". That's seriously your logic?

Your hilarious.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
and the doom and gloom continues... Does anyone know the actual percentage of problems and how that compares to every other vehicle manufactured in the US? Just curious if there is a database to refer to before sounding the alarms based on a handful of people who share their story.
Exactly this! Until there is actual data on this subject everything is just an opinion.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

a lot of it is perspective. you are on the bronco forums a lot, and the people who have issues come onto the bronco forums to see if anyone knows what's wrong with their motors. this gives you a large look (and slightly biased) at the issues. if you weren't on any of the forums, you wouldn't have any worries or you wouldn't have know about "so many 2.7 problems". just another perspective to look at it.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will have a 2.7 soon…am I worried about the engine…NO. It’s why we’ve all got a warranty…..drive it and enjoy it….if it breaks deal with it via your warranty.

Jondallas311

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many comments like this are you going to post? We get it your an internet tough guy. Sorry I don't want to piss away $45k or so on a rig and have to deal with problems and have it sitting in a shop after waiting to get it for a year and a half of more.

The die hards are definitely getting but hurt in this thread. 🤣
Then don't buy it? If you're worried about it then buy something else. Seems like you're butt hurt because the vast majority of this forum isn't concerned about this "potential" issue.

It's your money so do what you want with it, but what you're doing is the very definition of trolling.

Last edited:

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worst thread on 6g. Arguing with Internet strangers. Please go outside and smile at someone.

Sponsored

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait you only waited 9 months to get your bronco???? For the love of GOD, You must have friends in high places. Seriously sorry to hear that happened, hopefully Ford gets to the root of the problem and fixes it. I ordered the 2.7 in the Badlands and I hope they get this worked out before I get mine someday!!!!!

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most likely. I'm probably the cause of them. I just get tired of the negativity....my life will never be the same with this "most current bronco issue" I'm to the point where I just have to call it out. It's making me start to skip the forum updates.

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Click bait for a YouTube video?? Figure out the percentage of 2.7's made vs the amount of people that actually post their problems here and you'll see it's failure rate is nothing. Every single forum is like this. 5 guys post their 2.7 is blowing up. It then becomes "so many 2.7 problem's it's scary"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.