John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2.7 in my Lincoln Nautilus, with 35k miles on it. No problems.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you believed the negatives about everything posted on the bronco the bronco would basically be a cardboard box with 4x4, with a 3/4 painted body, and an exploding 2.7 engine.....
Personally, I'll take a 2.7 that might fail that can coast to the side of the road versus anything that has the phrase "death wobble" associated with it.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There's no way it's only 4 or 5 with issues. I feel like every other day I hear a new story of a 2.7 failing. There's people that have 2.7s that aren't on thos forum.
Im on this forum and others, daily. There are a few occurrences, and some are waiting too long for replacements, yes. Every other day? Absolutely not. Sorry.

Bandit958

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 Bronco, 2021 F150 4x4 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok. I'm sorry but it's one 2.7 after another failing. This is getting to be waaay more concerning as the weeks go on.

I'm getting to the point where I'm either going to change my order to the 2.3L or switch to a Jeep.

If you don't think this is a big deal just wait until you finally get your Bronco after months to years of waiting and then it grenades and your Bronco ends up at a dealership getting fixed for months. Not something I'm willing to go through.

Just listen to this guy's story. Um yeah. No thanks. Definitely don't want to be another 2.7 casualty. Honestly these quality issues are pissing me off. Not really excited to get a Bronco anymore. You??
Sticking with the 2.7, no worries here.

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not understanding this thread. There are hundreds of thousands of 2.7s in F150s worldwide. I have one in my 2019 - driven it hard since new and has 50k kms on it. No issues whatsoever.

Not sure if the 2.7 bashing is warranted given the very high number of reliable engines out on the streets. My .02
You do know that the 2.7 in the bronco is not the same 2.7 that is in the F150 right? The bronco 2.7 is the Nano and is a complete redesign specifically for the bronco. Apples to Oranges bud.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do know that the 2.7 in the bronco is not the same 2.7 that is in the F150 right? The bronco 2.7 is the Nano and is a complete redesign specifically for the bronco. Apples to Oranges bud.
I did not know that, actually. Thanks for the clarification. I’m going to dig into that further.

I ordered the 2.3 so I haven’t really dug into the tech specs on the 2.7l.

If this engine is in fact a complete redesign and exclusive to the Bronco then I can understand the concerns expressed here.

Are there no shared parts between the two 2.7s (F150 and Bronco)?

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you believed the negatives about everything posted on the bronco the bronco would basically be a cardboard box with 4x4, with a 3/4 painted body, and an exploding 2.7 engine.....
Personally, I'll take a 2.7 that might fail that can coast to the side of the road versus anything that has the phrase "death wobble" associated with it.
Every time I see your avatar I think of Troy Polamalu. Go Steelers. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with the current thread but I had to mention it.

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Meh, death wobble can coast to the side of the road too, that’s how you get it to stop. Difference is the Jeep can then get back up and keep driving. It’s usually just a worn out suspension component, which is an easy fix, in my garage. Plus, good maintenance (which we should all be doing) is all it takes to avoid it generally.

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did not know that, actually. Thanks for the clarification. I’m going to dig into that further.

I ordered the 2.3 so I haven’t really dug into the tech specs on the 2.7l.

If this engine is in fact a complete redesign and exclusive to the Bronco then I can understand the concerns expressed here.

Are there no shared parts between the two 2.7s (F150 and Bronco)?
It does share a lot of parts but there are some pretty big differences in some places. Im a 2.3L guy so I dont really have a dog in this fight, but i feel so much pain for those that are losing engines. I know a warranty covers it but being down a rig after waiting so long and then possibly waiting even longer just to get a replacement engine would not sit well with me.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does share a lot of parts but there are some pretty big differences in some places. Im a 2.3L guy so I dont really have a dog in this fight, but i feel so much pain for those that are losing engines. I know a warranty covers it but being down a rig after waiting so long and then possibly waiting even longer just to get a replacement engine would not sit well with me.
Agreed. I’m embarrassed that I didn’t know there was a difference in these engines. Why did Ford mess with a good thing? Weight issues?

Sponsored

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this actually true? Do you have an article that talks about the differences between the two? I do know it's the gen2 of the 2.7, but a complete redesign for the Bronco? This is the first I've heard of this.

We just hit 2500 miles in our 2.7 and it's running strong. It's a very good engine, and has been so traditionally speaking in the F150. Ford already stated a small batch of 2.7 engines did sneak out with the valve issue. Aside from that, I haven't heard of any other issues with the 2.7. Ford has also stated that issue has been resolved. Why anyone would be afraid and lose sleep over this is beyond me.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The topic of 2.7 bashing comes up every couple weeks. Don’t use a few bad engines/engine parts as justification to go with the 2.3. If you want the 2.3. that is your absolute right, but don’t let a few failures scare you off. Me, I love my 2.7, and I do think there is a big difference between them, as far as driving goes, and frankly wouldn’t be happy with the 2.3.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmmm, not sure this is completely accurate. Both this and this, where the second one specifically mentions the Nano tech and the first one talking about the 2.7L in general, mention they've been around since 2015 and in F-150s.

Unless you can give me a source that shows that it's not the same engine, I have to believe they're the same engine.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
"I had two 392s and never handle an issue...that must mean the thousands of other engines out there are bulletproof too". That's seriously your logic?

Your hilarious.
Show me all the in stock form problems you speak of the 392 supposedly has?? I only heard of problems once people boost. The 392 has been around forever!! Please!!

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmmmm, not sure this is completely accurate. Both this and this, where the second one specifically mentions the Nano tech and the first one talking about the 2.7L in general, mention they've been around since 2015 and in F-150s.

Unless you can give me a source that shows that it's not the same engine, I have to believe they're the same engine.
There has been very little actual info released on the full differences between the new 2.7 that is in the bronco vs the f150 version. But there was a video posted recently on the forums discussing some of the changes. Im not tech savy enough to find the links though. I personally see nothing wrong with either engine. I just wish they would have dropped in the 3.5 from the F150. We have that in our 2016 an that engine is no joke.

Honestly either of the offered power plants are a far cry better than anything offered in previous generations in both power and fuel economy. I say buy what makes you happy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.