Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First of all - Congrats on your new addition. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have. We just drove from our home in South FL to the a vacation home in the panhandle FL (around 500 miles) with a combination of freeway and back road. The sound is great at high speeds but obviously with a soft top you have to turn up the sound and we didn’t notice muffling like you did in the stock speakers. So far we are happy with the upgrade. We mostly listen to SiriusXm so we are aware that is not the best quality audio but for us this upgrade worked. I will be looking at a powered sub in the future but have other upgrades I’d rather get first. I hope this answers your question and I didn’t ramble on to much.
So you think the speaker upgrade alone will just do it for Now?
What I will probably do, is add the wires in the kick panels so I don’t have to open them up again.
Don’t worry about the rambling part I have a horrible time doing that!
Hard for me to put the words in my head out in the open!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncRik

BroncRik

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you think the speaker upgrade alone will just do it for Now?
What I will probably do, is add the wires in the kick panels so I don’t have to open them up again.
Don’t worry about the rambling part I have a horrible time doing that!
Hard for me to put the words in my head out in the open!!
It is up to you what you feel is “enough”.
I wanted to do the straight out replacement in order to hear the difference then upgrade from there as needed. I can definitely understand going one more step up to a powered sub for some extra low end. For us it is not worth adding an amp or larger speakers. Some of these upgrades are really personal preference. Some here have only replaced the smaller speakers but we wanted a full replacement and feel it was well worth the expense.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
thanks for all previous work and tips.

I tried the kicker speakers up front but wasn’t impressed. So I bought six JL audio speakers c2-400x and c1-650 and replaced everything. Still was missing bass so added the kicker hideaway 8 under the passenger seat. The sound now is amazing - better than Tesla premium sound.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried the kicker speakers up front but wasn’t impressed. So I bought six JL audio speakers c2-400x and c1-650 and replaced everything. Still was missing bass so added the kicker hideaway 8 under the passenger seat. The sound now is amazing - better than Tesla premium sound.
Forgive the newbie question, but did this require an amp? Do you have any photos ? Thanks.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2ABBF083-2A1B-4E8E-84E9-F90D4984F23B.png

Cool! Do you have a picture of the woofer under the seat. is it all the way under?

I saw these infinity ones that are slightly smaller I don’t know how much they thump but maybe I could put one under each seat?

Last edited:

Sponsored

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I’d love to see a pic of the sub under the seat. Can you post one? As of now I’m looking at installing one in the trunk area and it’s going to take up space, which I’m not a huge fan of.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you want to? Before I got the bass blockers for my 4" fronts, it was horrid sounding.
So I can put bass filters on it... Lol
There is another install vid that shows just how much is filtered out from the head unit. There is NOTHING Below 800Hz I bet!
There is no way to get the rears setup the same as the front with this head unit.

Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

was looking at these same speaker, any fitment issues?
particularly the rear pods? Assuming you did those

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I can put bass filters on it... Lol
There is another install vid that shows just how much is filtered out from the head unit. There is NOTHING Below 800Hz I bet!
There is no way to get the rears setup the same as the front with this head unit.
Fair enough :)

Check the forscan thread, maybe?

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a tall order to say it's better than Tesla premium sound using the stock headunit amp / eq.