redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is disappointing. I have no issues grabbing some tools and yanking the rear seat out myself. The concern I have is with any electronic nannies that will need to be bypassed, if there are any.

Jumper wire in the plug. Makes nanny think everything is Ok.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The number of "I'm not gonna buy because Ford didn't offer exactly what I want" posts on something we haven't seen all the configurations for is exhausting...
I guess I missed that post. Most of us plan to remove them ourselves. Who said they weren’t buying because the seats weren’t easily removable as this thread is about?

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not believe the 4 door has a step, they fold flat with the load floor. This is possible because the 4d has a well underneath the seat, the bottom flips forward the back lays down flat. The 2d has no well because the seat is directly over the rear axle.. Although they did pull it off in the Bronco II so...
Totally! had an 88 Bronco II for 12 years, tumbled back seats folded flat - actually a lot space. New Bronco HAS to be a little bigger ? And they wouldn't weld the seat mounts...please, don't Ford. But they make a tool for that too.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To the socket wrench and cutting torch crew

Better do your homework, removing a seat that's not designed to be removed can leave you with a worse load floor than you started with

If you think just unbolting the seat will give you a flat level floor I strongly suspect you'll be surprised in a bad way once you try it

I cannot speak for every one here but did I say I have a BIG tool box !!!! I worked construction for 15 yrs. and have always been a gearhead ........ I can level an uneven floor with relative ease. Just takes a little time, not to mention aftermarket might get to it before I do .....

https://www.goose-gear.com/

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The number of "I'm not gonna buy because Ford didn't offer exactly what I want" posts on something we haven't seen all the configurations for is exhausting...
Yeah but for a guy with a Ridgeline, the rear seat on that is genius engineering and you know that first-hand

Imagine if your trucks rear base was fixed and the fold down was the seat back folding on top of the fixed seat bottom, that's make your truck less useable right?

The bronco is cool, it's bringing people in from other brands that may have never even considered a ford, they have higher expectations.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They probably didn't spend the money to make them easily removable and reinstall-able like the doors as they assumed that if you removed them they would stay in your garage forever. But then again, maybe they had to weld the seat rails to the floor.
They probably spent less money in general on the 2 door because they expected low sales volume like Jeep. The 2 door appears to have gone way over Ford's expectations, so some bad choices on Ford's part.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford built a 2-Door with everything everyone wanted, it would be $80,000+.

C'mon everyone...just wait for the everything to be officially released, along with pricing and build your Bronco. If you can't find something that meets your wants and needs, then either wait longer, modify on your own or go buy something else.

Cheers!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really liked how our rear bench folded down in our 02 Escape. The seat cushion could be folded forward or removed very easily. Even had a little access hatch underneath to enable replacement of the fuel pump. Was hoping for similar functionality, maybe they will do it for next years model and I can get an upgrade seat out of a wreck in a few years.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely if I go the 2 door route, there will be times I want the back seats removed. Either to haul things or when going on a vacation with just my spouse and needing camp and lots of other gear in the back. I was always taking the rear seat of my CJs in and out, so I know I'll want to do same with the Bronco. I have lots of tools, and so can likely take the rear seats out the old fashioned way. But making easier would be nice.
Chrysler had this all figured out in the 80's with their minivans. What happened?

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My old man is a television repairman......he's got this ultimate set of tools....I can fix it