Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dash - should have been like that from the start.
Fenders - You paint them and you'll have every owner complaining about rock chips after they drive off the lot. there's reason they are left like that. With the flaps and stuff, i'm sure there was some regulation behind it.

Overall - I love it. looks the business, looks like it can do what it's said to do without any trouble which what raptors are built for.
Sponsored

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am I reading this right that "existing" Bronco Reservation holders get first shots at the Raptor? Can't be right, can it?

Sorry if answered, but this thread is filling up fast.
F77199BD-5B4C-452C-A1BF-EA8B85C63655.jpeg

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone want to buy my 2.7 Badlands ticking time bomb for $90K so I can buy a Wrangler 392? 😉

My point is that if I had that much money, it would go to Jeep. But it would have been a different story if they would have put the Coyote or 3.5 Eccoboost in it.

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it looks like I was right on at least a couple of things, the fenders are flared out more. The plastic fender flares look terrible though. And it’s not a 35 but it’s the 3.0 that’s been in the Lincoln‘s that’s a 400/400 from the factory so don’t be surprised if the raptor is a 600/550 hp foot pounds of torque Without any engine mods. 37 inch tires from the factory is impressive!
Ford Bronco 🦖 2022 Bronco Raptor Official Reveal! Specs | Info | Wallpaper | Photos | Videos F4AC337A-4D33-4CA8-A5C1-2C2E5253B036

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Huh, a crossbar so the roof won't rattle?
I'm pissed they added that. The cross bar is the single reason I've never been able to fit in a Wrangler. If they start adding them to all broncos down the line, I'm screwed

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Jeep crossbar kills it more than the ugly fenders which could be replaced.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't help but get that feeling too. A last hurrah for gas engines. Quite the send out!

Ford has the engineering expertise to deliver a plug-in hybrid Bronco which could be competitive in the automotive industry when you look ahead 5 years. Overland enthusiasts deserve better. Look at the fuel tank size and expected mpg and you better hope the after-market will supply rear bumpers to hold a lot of jerry cans. This is such a missed opportunity and reminiscent of the Ford Edsel. I just wish Ford would stop looking at Jeep as their source of inspiration. When you look at which legacy auto makers will not survive past 2028, Stellantis is at the top of the list.

Sponsored

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I called that back in October. I’m gonna assume they’re probably using F1 50 or raptor axles and the upgraded Spicer CVs. I’m interested to see what they can do with that 3 L. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a 650 hp 550 foot pounds of torque from the factory or with tuning and no engine mods

Ford Bronco 🦖 2022 Bronco Raptor Official Reveal! Specs | Info | Wallpaper | Photos | Videos 3F2C2FCF-6125-4009-88F2-F6FAE0495B00

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't help but get that feeling too. A last hurrah for gas engines. Quite the send out!

I think that's the point. The regular bronco is a premier vehicle in its own right. They don't want to detract from it by making the braptor better in every way. It SHOULD look similar, yet have the features that those who want it (the Ford f150 Raptor crew) would spend the money for. These are features neither yourself nor I care for. We just aren't the target market.

This things natural habitat is the southwest
Ford has the engineering expertise to deliver a plug-in hybrid Bronco which could be competitive in the automotive industry when you look ahead 5 years. Overland enthusiasts deserve better. Look at the fuel tank size and expected mpg and you better hope the after-market will supply rear bumpers to hold a lot of jerry cans. This is such a missed opportunity and reminiscent of the Ford Edsel. I just wish Ford would stop looking at Jeep as their source of inspiration. When you look at which legacy auto makers will not survive past 2028, Stellantis is at the top of the list.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Autoblog says " Being longer has other benefits, too. With more space between the wheels, Ford was able to move the muffler to the middle, which then freed up space at the rear. That allowed the fitment of the towing brace that gives the Raptor the best towing capacity of any Bronco. Not only is that a good bullet point on a list of features, but it has real potential use for buyers that Ford says are liable to bring along a trailer for camping or for carrying other off-road toys. "

So maybe the brace can be added with an aftermarket exhaust? I know the brakes are larger but the rolling mass of the 37s kind of offset that I think. Either way, I am excited for the potential parts off this Bronco Raptor
This is where an aftermarket hitch might be stronger than factory?

Well that was a let down.
Here, here.

I am less than impressed. I could go for the air suspension-increased travel (if on demand) but it appears to have too much lean in corners at speed, the driver was not shown where Sport mode is. The botched up fender flares/ At first I thought someone accidentally torched the steel fenders and this was to cover their mistake- or because they stretched the wheelbase and kept the doors this was the quickest off the shelf fix for the fenders.

If the Raptor was the only model available for a Bronco I would have passed.

How soon does anyone think until Stellantis sues Ford over square fender openings?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They said “based on original time stamp”. Now that’s funny!

BacktotheOval

First Edition
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow cars, fast cars, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

MEH. Can't get over the ugly. Luckily, the good bits -- suspension, seats, hitch, instrument cluster -- should be obtainable and you can tune the 2.7 for HP/TQ, too. Order/get your bronco now, save the (easily) $40K in added MSRP+ADM towards getting those upgraded parts, and you'll come out with a better-looking Bronco, set up exactly how you want, with cash in hand. Heck, you can replace all 5 seatbelts to pink if you want for less than $400 and have it done by the end of this week.
Sponsored