First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Survey says........................................................F YEA!

Works, have caps on rear speakers and can tell there's more range and db. Did not need bar in vehicle or anything disconnected. Took about 10 min after hooked up to do the file install.
Soooo is there a video coming ?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo is there a video coming ?
Of? I don't have a before or after and even if I did, doubt the audio would be clear enough to call out the difference. The immediate sound difference was easily noticeable. It was a lot fuller sound and seemed like it was more balance volume wise with the front. That said, I had caps hooked up to cut low frequencies before I saw the signal was pre passed. If I get time one of these months I'll get back into my shop and make some pods for 5.25"s. I've got co-ax kick panel and dash speaks so plenty of highs already, would like more mids since I'm not adding a sub.

Was actually searching for a meter or tool that could measure the Hz cutoffs now that it's programmed. Not having much luck finding what I'm looking for.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Give it a try. Instantly solved my 4" rear speaker issues.

You will lose occupancy modes where you can choose rear/front listening modes but I can live without that as long as the rear speakers are actually working.

@flip , do you still have access to "occupancy modes" with the JBL configuration that was loaded?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip , do you still have access to "occupancy modes" with the JBL configuration that was loaded?
Yes. I'm set on all but tried driver to see if it made much difference and it seemed to go back to suck mode. Take with a grain of salt because this is coming from a guy that has tinnitus from waaaaaay too much bass in the 90's.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I'm set on all but tried driver to see if it made much difference and it seemed to go back to suck mode. Take with a grain of salt because this is coming from a guy that has tinnitus from waaaaaay too much bass in the 90's.
I changed this one in ForScan. Head unit didn't restart...? But it gave me a phone volume graphic...
Like a dumbass I didn't open and close the door before check it. But as of now, limited range in rear speakers still 🤔

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If somebody can figure this out in forscan, I would totally swap my 4" pods out for 6x9 pods.
Just have it flashed by the dealer like you were installing the JBL sound bar. It has already been proven to work. I would guess $75-100 to flash?

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just have it flashed by the dealer like you were installing the JBL sound bar. It has already been proven to work. I would guess $75-100 to flash?
Not sure where you live, but going to a dealership around here is like beating your head on a desk all day. Hell, challenging enough to get a dealership to properly cut & program a key fob. Doesn't matter if its Jeep or Ford.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure where you live, but going to a dealership around here is like beating your head on a desk all day. Hell, challenging enough to get a dealership to properly cut & program a key fob. Doesn't matter if its Jeep or Ford.
That's exactly my fear as well. I would love to have a dealer I trusted around here, but that's not happening.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's exactly my fear as well. I would love to have a dealer I trusted around here, but that's not happening.
Yep. I dont have confidence in 3 Ford & 2 Jeep dealerships here in the denver area, even for basic crap. Hopefully this can still be sorted out.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. I dont have confidence in 3 Ford & 2 Jeep dealerships here in the denver area, even for basic crap. Hopefully this can still be sorted out.
Exactly. Problem is, I also know they will pin anything that goes wrong on me if I go the forscan route too. Just feels like a no win here in the area.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. Problem is, I also know they will pin anything that goes wrong on me if I go the forscan route too. Just feels like a no win here in the area.
Never had an issue on my f150 regarding forscan but that’s also why I back up my files before and after changing. That way I can revert to factory settings if needed before it goes in and revert back after its home from dealership. But again, never encountered the issue with Ford. With jeep yes, but thats because the tech pointed out that I mistakenly left the dongle in the obd2 port and he couldnt remove it to plug in his computer for programming.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have their old 4” pods available after replacing them with their JBL system? I’m going to 3D print some 6x9 enclosures that match the form of the OEM pods, and really don’t want to yank mine for an extended time

I guess they really don’t provide much for audio as they stand now…..

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Of? I don't have a before or after and even if I did, doubt the audio would be clear enough to call out the difference. The immediate sound difference was easily noticeable. It was a lot fuller sound and seemed like it was more balance volume wise with the front. That said, I had caps hooked up to cut low frequencies before I saw the signal was pre passed. If I get time one of these months I'll get back into my shop and make some pods for 5.25"s. I've got co-ax kick panel and dash speaks so plenty of highs already, would like more mids since I'm not adding a sub.

Was actually searching for a meter or tool that could measure the Hz cutoffs now that it's programmed. Not having much luck finding what I'm looking for.
Couldn’t you use a bass test like this one? Fade the audio to the back and see where it cuts out.

Sponsored