Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don’t get the hate for for auto stop/start. It’s much less intrusive than just about any other auto stop/start system I’ve driven with.

Why the need to disable it?
Will How about this the people that wont to keep it can but the people that could care less how about ford takes it out and use that chip for my fancy Temperature Knob :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every experience I've had with ASS enabled vehicles has been mixed. There are time that I need instant acceleration, but waiting for the starter to get the engine up to speed created a hazardous situation. I'm a defensive driver, and I want full control even when stopped because not every stop is safe. I would rather see this technology removed from cars than a workaround. You are supposed to be in total control of your vehicle at all times, this technology removes your ability to control the vehicle while temporarily stopped.
Safety should trump economy - period.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't understand people who don't mind it. Almost every time my engine turns off it's off for about a second, so it doesn't save any fuel and causes a lot of wear and tear. Plus it's dangerous. If you have to pull across traffic or turn left, you need to do it now, not in 1.5 seconds. Always exciting when you forget to turn the feature off.

Andy.J

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base. 2006 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my professional opinion the auto start/stop is bad on turbochargers due to when the engine stops the turbo stops getting its oil supply causing premature bearing damage because the turbo does not stop spinning immediately. But to each is their own, you bought it do what pleases you ! ;)

Sponsored

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basic questions

isn’t starting and stopping mildly rough on the engine technically speaking.

is the gas savings of not running negated By the consistent restarts?

doesn’t this shorten the life of the starter?

im just asking, not lookin for trolling.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't get everyone's obsession with playing with their ASS.
I had it on a BMW I briefly owned and HATED it. Its distracting and is a delay (slight I admit) when its time to go. My imagined scenario is the light turns green, the cars in front start moving and you notice in your review mirrow a come coming up fast. You want to punch it and instead of just going, it has to restart and then re-engage and accelerate. That is just one scenario. Plus you have this nice smooth new vehicle, and every time you take your foot off the brake is 'shudders' to life and makes the starter noise and...bleah. I was shocked to see it will be present in my manual Bronco too. I will have to find someone with a forscan and buy an adapter to shut it off, and punch the damn off button every ride until then.
It all comes back to controlling your vehicle instead of it controlling you. I want to DRIVE my ride, not be driven by it. Hell I even like having a manual choke on and old Fiat way back when. Safe driving ya'll!

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had it on a BMW I briefly owned and HATED it. Its distracting and is a delay (slight I admit) when its time to go. My imagined scenario is the light turns green, the cars in front start moving and you notice in your review mirrow a come coming up fast. You want to punch it and instead of just going, it has to restart and then re-engage and accelerate. That is just one scenario. Plus you have this nice smooth new vehicle, and every time you take your foot off the brake is 'shudders' to life and makes the starter noise and...bleah. I was shocked to see it will be present in my manual Bronco too. I will have to find someone with a forscan and buy an adapter to shut it off, and punch the damn off button every ride until then.
It all comes back to controlling your vehicle instead of it controlling you. I want to DRIVE my ride, not be driven by it. Hell I even like having a manual choke on and old Fiat way back when. Safe driving ya'll!
Is really smooth on the manual. As long as the pedal is pressed it will stay running. It only shuts off if you idle in neutral with clutch out and restarts before you even get back in gear.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is really smooth on the manual. As long as the pedal is pressed it will stay running. It only shuts off if you idle in neutral with clutch out and restarts before you even get back in gear.
Good to know. Our MINI functions the same way. I don't hate it, it's good for long traffic lights, probably takes some of the wear off of the throwout bearing.

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wish there could be one thread about ASS disable solutions that just sticks to that and not become 10 pages of why people love or hate it...😣

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Forscan fixes this for the easy price of $50 for the cable.
But pressing the button is free lol

I've just gotten into the habit of pressing the button everytime. It's second nature now just like turning traction control off when I had my mustang.

Turn vehicle on, hit button, put in gear and drive

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my professional opinion the auto start/stop is bad on turbochargers due to when the engine stops the turbo stops getting its oil supply causing premature bearing damage because the turbo does not stop spinning immediately. But to each is their own, you bought it do what pleases you ! ;)
That oil just vannishes? Poooof gone! 💨💨

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought I would hate it but I actually dont mind it. On my normal routes, I know the areas where I need the vehicle to stay running....i.e. need to potentially move quickly to cross traffic on a turn. There is a bit of a trick to the system. If you don't push the pedal down hard when stopped, the system doesn't engage and the vehicle stays running. At a red light, I pay attention so I know when cross traffic is coming to a stop. I can let off the brake pedal a little to start the system back up just before my light turns green.
Sponsored