cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think removing ASS results in a less HD starter and Battery. The $50 credit is because they don't have to install a chip, doubt they would use a different starter and battery as that would be a lot to track. That being said, here are your options:

ASS Plug: As mentioned above, these are aftermarket devices that you can plug in to disable ASS

ASS Wipe: Removing the ASS enable from the software with Forscan

ASS Hole: When you remove a hood or other sensor that disables ASS, leaving a hole where it used to be

ASS Tow: Tricking the Bronco into thinking a trailer is attached, I don't recommend this because the one time I hauled a trailer, it new a trailer was hooked up and changed many settings, and I think shift points. I was getting 14mpgs hauling an empty uhaul utility trailer :(

However you wish to address your ASS, just make sure you do so in a responsible manner because the government is all over your ASS. Additionally, if you take your vehicle in to the dealer and the service advisor notices some mods, they might probe your ASS without lubricant (dry start/stops are not good) concerning warranty!
Sponsored

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Assume the left side kick panel.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a new ASS eliminator that came out on Amazon that's $50. You don't have to take anything apart and it installs under 5 minutes above the kick panel on the driver side.

These work different than the forscan "fix" I believe. These plug-in eliminators, basically re-push the off button on the startup.

The Forscan tricks the Bronco and to going into Start stop mode by thinking that you are providing input (I think it's turning the steering wheel).
I tried the one on Amazon but sent it back. First issue, it did not work with a manual transmission. Second issue is that the wiring is not as heavy as stock. The positive and negative wires in port #1 and #2 are much heavier than this one so wouldn't use it on any Bronco.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried the one on Amazon but sent it back. First issue, it did not work with a manual transmission. Second issue is that the wiring is not as heavy as stock. The positive and negative wires in port #1 and #2 are much heavier than this one so wouldn't use it on any Bronco.

I've had it for weeks And it's been working great, of course I have an automatic so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, the wires don't need to be as thick because they're not as long. How many amps do you think are going through that?

I'd be curious what gauge of wire the established auto start/stop eliminators use.

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had it for weeks And it's been working great, of course I have an automatic so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, the wires don't need to be as thick because they're not as long. How many amps do you think are going through that?

I'd be curious what gauge of wire the established auto start/stop eliminators use.
I’ve had mine for two months so far working every time. I haven’t read anywhere where it stops working so hopefully it won’t be a problem for us

Sponsored

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Explain why it doesn't work on a manual?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not how wiring works. You should never take a 10' run of wire that is 12 gauge and insert a short piece of 18 gauge in the middle. #13 and #14 are also 12 gauge from the factory so that is 4 total in that connector. No wire on the cheap Chinese harness is anywhere close to 12 gauge. The rest of the OEM are 22 with one that is 20.

The original ASS is in a totally different area and doesn't have the same wire size issue.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup, there are 4 options.... In order of cheapest to most expensive...

1) get in the habit of pushing the button with your finger whenever you start the vehicle.

2) buy a $34 adapter and use Forscan to trick the bronco (But the button won't reflect what's actually going on)

3) buy the $50 Amazon solution that is a "new" design.

4) buy the $100+ established auto start eliminator It has been around for years.

CaptFett

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think removing ASS results in a less HD starter and Battery. The $50 credit is because they don't have to install a chip, doubt they would use a different starter and battery as that would be a lot to track. That being said, here are your options:

ASS Plug: As mentioned above, these are aftermarket devices that you can plug in to disable ASS

ASS Wipe: Removing the ASS enable from the software with Forscan

ASS Hole: When you remove a hood or other sensor that disables ASS, leaving a hole where it used to be

ASS Tow: Tricking the Bronco into thinking a trailer is attached, I don't recommend this because the one time I hauled a trailer, it new a trailer was hooked up and changed many settings, and I think shift points. I was getting 14mpgs hauling an empty uhaul utility trailer :(

However you wish to address your ASS, just make sure you do so in a responsible manner because the government is all over your ASS. Additionally, if you take your vehicle in to the dealer and the service advisor notices some mods, they might probe your ASS without lubricant (dry start/stops are not good) concerning warranty!
Sitting on the can reading this. Cannot stop laughing!!!

Sponsored

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had mine for two months so far working every time. I haven’t read anywhere where it stops working so hopefully it won’t be a problem for us
I guess I am missing where the Amazon one connects to. I do not see anything visible by the drivers kick panel? If anyone has install pictures that would be greatly appreciated.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I am missing where the Amazon one connects to. I do not see anything visible by the drivers kick panel? If anyone has install pictures that would be greatly appreciated.

Look right above your driver kick panel. There's a black box. It is that cream colored plug

Ford Bronco Auto Start Stop Delete? 20230515_061653

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! See it now. Now as long as it works with a Badlands!

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_3091.jpeg

See pics above.
Installs on the corresponding wire harness on driver’s side kick panel. There are 2 identical plugs - use the one toward the rear of the vehicle.
So the Amazon works on your Badlands?

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the Amazon works on your Badlands?
Works on all models. I bought one for my buddy who has a 2022 Outer Banks and it worked for him too. The electronics for this connection point are identical regardless of trim level
Sponsored