Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s what I don’t get. What’s annoying about it?
It's quite irritating in Texas when you want the A/C compressor to keep turning at a stop light in 112 degree weather. No - it doesn't keep the engine running just because you have the A/C on and it's sweltering hot.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes. I have taken the HVAC assembly out a few times for other add-on installs and I can tell you, the A.S.S. button has its own connector
On our Broncos it definitely does not. It’s integrated into connector C2010, the audio control panel (volume knobs) which is a 10 pin connector. As I’ve previously stated the wire for auto start stop is pin 4 and is solid brown. I however don’t know what you’re supposed to pull to as the f-150 method is supposed to have you jumper it with the hazards.

Update I was wrong there’s two. Pin 4 which is brown as previously stated but there’s also pin 7 which is white with brown stripe.

Pin 4 feeds out of the audio control panel and goes to pin 13 on the hvac control module and pin 7 goes to pin 5 of the hvac control module.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On our Broncos it definitely does not. It’s integrated into connector C2010, the audio control panel (volume knobs) which is a 10 pin connector. As I’ve previously stated the wire for auto start stop is pin 4 and is solid brown. I however don’t know what you’re supposed to pull to as the f-150 method is supposed to have you jumper it with the hazards.

Update I was wrong there’s two. Pin 4 which is brown as previously stated but there’s also pin 7 which is white with brown stripe.

Pin 4 feeds out of the audio control panel and goes to pin 13 on the hvac control module and pin 7 goes to pin 5 of the hvac control module.
It is integrated but the stop start eliminator is plugged into the smaller connector in the middle of the unit. I made the assumption that one was for the stop/start button.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the F150, the wires used for the ASS jumper are the purple and white wires. Jump by either splicing a wire between the 2 wires or shoving wire in the back of the harness until its secure and wont move. I used a paper clip and never had an issue with it. Hopefully you find it with the wiring diagram.
Okay I just looked at how this works I was wrong.

You want to jump the white with brown stripe wire to the black with grey stripe wire. Sorry I got confused on what and how to do this as I've never seen it done before.

Sponsored

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's quite irritating in Texas when you want the A/C compressor to keep turning at a stop light in 112 degree weather. No - it doesn't keep the engine running just because you have the A/C on and it's sweltering hot.
I had a 2008 Escape hybrid and it would turn off the motor at under 20 MPH so I hated it in GA as well. Winter is OK but no AC in the summer and in the south not good! I had my 2017 F150 I just unplugged the trailer light fuse and drive. Not with all these modern sensors with cross traffic motoring it all!

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2008 Escape hybrid and it would turn off the motor at under 20 MPH so I hated it in GA as well. Winter is OK but no AC in the summer and in the south not good!
A hybrid is a different beast entirely. Not at all comparable to a non-hybrid internal-combustion-engined vehicle that gratuitously shuts its engine off when at a stop, making you wait for it to restart when you need to get moving again.

Leaving you intermittently without AC is part of the intended price for being “green”.

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far, I remain convinced that this product, or something similar, is the best solution to ASS…

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-autostop-eliminator
As I understand it, all it does, each time you start your engine, is simulate you pushing the button to disable ASS, without otherwise doing anything to alter the operation of your vehicle.
This is by far the best mod I've done to my Bronco. I'll never understand why people are ok with having to remember to push a button each time they start their vehicle or leaving it on for that matter. It should never be there in the first place.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took my Bronco on some ranch roads last weekend, that require a lot of stopping and opening gates. Sometimes 2 gates, 50 yards from each other. That's a lot of shutting down the engine with the oil still hot from the turbo. Then I drove in town, having it stop every light and stop sign, 30 times in an hour in town. Then I went on a scenic drive with my wife in the mountains, pausing from time to time at every scenic overlook for a minute to look. Engine cutting off every time. I was a tech in the Navy, it's not good for equipment to have to restart them this often. Something is going to break, and leave you stranded until you buy a new starter, figure out the glitching electronics or computer. I'll disable as soon as I pick a method.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just don’t get the hate for for auto stop/start. It’s much less intrusive than just about any other auto stop/start system I’ve driven with.

Why the need to disable it?
I live where it is hot all year round and very hot in the summer. Not only is annoying to have your vehicle constantly shut off and start up every time you stop, your AC doesn’t stay cold but for a few seconds which is not acceptable.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here put a car into N, and shut off waiting for a train?
I'll put my Bronco into N at a light or waiting for a train, but can't see any reason that I would want to shut off the engine.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live where it is hot all year round and very hot in the summer. Not only is annoying to have your vehicle constantly shut off and start up every time you stop, your AC doesn’t stay cold but for a few seconds which is not acceptable.
So you’ve been through a summer with the Bronco? That’s a bummer about the A/C. Would think designers would make it so the engine will stay running so the HVAC system will keep the cabin where you set the temperature.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you’ve been through a summer with the Bronco? That’s a bummer about the A/C. Would think designers would make it so the engine will stay running so the HVAC system will keep the cabin where you set the temperature.
No not with the bronco but with other vehicles that have the same tech, I can’t imagine they differ much on functions. Someone else in the thread said the Bronco didn’t do the shut off in the cold, but did with the AC on and that is my experience with this feature on several other vehicle manufacturers.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, so not a confirmed problem with the Bronco. Thank you.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
On my F150 if the A/C is on the ASS will not kick in as long is the fan is turned up above low
Sponsored