Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So that pic is from an f150 then? And what switch is unplugged in the pic?
Yes correct, in the F150 it's a stand alone switch. My pic shows the plug in portion of the harness that mates to the actual switch. The jumper actual goes into the back of the harness connector.
Ford Bronco Auto Start Stop Eliminator Freebie 1644438131748
Sponsored

Johnny Bronco CO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ7, CJ8, F250, GT350, Demon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every car company uses them in basically every new car. But the keyboard warriors know more about wear and tear on a motor caused by auto start stop than actual engineers.
Gotta love this place sometimes.
You are correct about keyboard warriors. I have a purple belt in keyboard warrioring. Something you said stuck out though. The engineers DO know best, but that doesn't mean that they always DO the best thing for the customer. If you are a ford engineer i apologize in advance. The work that was done on the 3.5 ecoboost engine in the 2018 Lincoln Navigator in conjunction with the auto start stop was horrendous. The normal reaction is "ford engineers wouldn't put something in a car if it was bad". Ohhhhhh not so fast. The auto start stop in conjunction with the lack of oil pressure Cooked these engines. There is a recall now, but that's not gonna bring the original engine of our Navigator back. For further reading look up all the problems with cam phasers in those engines. The videos are horrible to listen to. You'll hate auto start stop if you don't already after watching those vids.

FYI DO NOT BUY a used 2018 Lincoln Navigator.

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are correct about keyboard warriors. I have a purple belt in keyboard warrioring. Something you said stuck out though. The engineers DO know best, but that doesn't mean that they always DO the best thing for the customer. If you are a ford engineer i apologize in advance. The work that was done on the 3.5 ecoboost engine in the 2018 Lincoln Navigator in conjunction with the auto start stop was horrendous. The normal reaction is "ford engineers wouldn't put something in a car if it was bad". Ohhhhhh not so fast. The auto start stop in conjunction with the lack of oil pressure Cooked these engines. There is a recall now, but that's not gonna bring the original engine of our Navigator back. For further reading look up all the problems with cam phasers in those engines. The videos are horrible to listen to. You'll hate auto start stop if you don't already after watching those vids.

FYI DO NOT BUY a used 2018 Lincoln Navigator.
I’ve owned enough Fords to know better… I more so was making the point that it wouldn’t be at standard feature across all car brands if it was detrimental

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve owned enough Fords to know better… I more so was making the point that it wouldn’t be at standard feature across all car brands if it was detrimental
As long as they make it past warranty they probably care more about it helping them meet government controls.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes correct, in the F150 it's a stand alone switch. My pic shows the plug in portion of the harness that mates to the actual switch. The jumper actual goes into the back of the harness connector.
Ford Bronco Auto Start Stop Eliminator Freebie 1644438131748
Does bronco have a standalone ASS off switch? I've been waiting all this time, but have never even sat in one

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as they make it past warranty they probably care more about it helping them meet government controls.
I'm convinced that that is it, entirely.

I simply do not believe that Ford would include this “feature”, and not allow the user to set it to be off by default, if they weren't doing so under regulatory pressure from government.

Last edited:

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I tried pulling the trailer light fuse 91 and it came up with a trailer brake error but it also showed that the auto Fstart stop was crossed out just like my F150! I was like that was easy!!!
But I drove it in my hood and as soon as I stopped sodid the Bronco...
Turned round and used my blicker and it went crazy fast blinks! So I put it back and ordered this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019LYDLQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
$8.49
4 Way Flat Trailer Circuit Tester 4 Pin Straight Trailer Light Wiring Socket Tester with LED Indicators for Turn Signal Tail Lights Trouble Shooter

I also saw a2 for 10 but I only have the one truck.
I will let you know how it goes.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried pulling the trailer light fuse 91 and it came up with a trailer brake error but it also showed that the auto Fstart stop was crossed out just like my F150! I was like that was easy!!!
Turned round and used my blicker and it went crazy fast blinks! So I put it back and ordered this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019LYDLQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
$8.49
4 Way Flat Trailer Circuit Tester 4 Pin Straight Trailer Light Wiring Socket Tester with LED Indicators for Turn Signal Tail Lights Trouble Shooter

I saw a Youtube video a while back where the circuit tester works. The only possible draw back is for people with factory tow I think maybe some of the cameras and other things may be affected when it "detects" a trailer connected.

357Mag

Wildtrak
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.buildingmybronco.com
Vehicle(s)
G35
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just don’t get the hate for for auto stop/start. It’s much less intrusive than just about any other auto stop/start system I’ve driven with.

Why the need to disable it?
I can understand the need to disable the start/stop ignition. Maybe it is a gear-head thing or an born in 70s thing, but just being stopped next to start/stop vehicles at a stop light curls my skin and toes. My experience with vehicles has been through dead batteries and replacing ignition switches. To me it is useless wear and tear.
Pay a little in gas now, to save the cost and pain of replacement later.
This will be my 1st vehicle with S/S. Reservation 09/2019, order 02/20. Still waiting 2Dr Wildtrak w/ Sasquatch.
I will be looking into disconnecting that feature, my husband too.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does bronco have a standalone ASS off switch? I've been waiting all this time, but have never even sat in one
yes. I have taken the HVAC assembly out a few times for other add-on installs and I can tell you, the A.S.S. button has its own connector

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes. I have taken the HVAC assembly out a few times for other add-on installs and I can tell you, the A.S.S. button has its own connector
Tried finding a wiring diagram for it but I keep going round in circles. I'll do some more digging and see if I can find it. Also ASS will not engage if battery temp is low, but I couldn't find any evidence that Bronco has a dedicated battery temp sensor. Thought maybe a jumper in batt temp sensor would work...never seen one on a Ford, but Mopar uses them

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard if you plug a night light or something with a draw on the 120v A/C outlet it will keep the vehicle from engaging auto stop.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can understand the need to disable the start/stop ignition. Maybe it is a gear-head thing or an born in 70s thing, but just being stopped next to start/stop vehicles at a stop light curls my skin and toes.
I'm a gear head and also born in the 70's. I really thought this would bother me and it was a bit unnerving when I first got the Bronco for it to shut off. I really thought I'd be installing an eliminator ASAP.

I decided to give it a chance and I've actually gotten used to it. Obviously that's not the case for many but that's been my experience. To each their own

OP
OP

Grey Mare

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried finding a wiring diagram for it but I keep going round in circles. I'll do some more digging and see if I can find it. Also ASS will not engage if battery temp is low, but I couldn't find any evidence that Bronco has a dedicated battery temp sensor. Thought maybe a jumper in batt temp sensor would work...never seen one on a Ford, but Mopar uses them
From the F150, the wires used for the ASS jumper are the purple and white wires. Jump by either splicing a wire between the 2 wires or shoving wire in the back of the harness until its secure and wont move. I used a paper clip and never had an issue with it. Hopefully you find it with the wiring diagram.

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$8.49

This works but you have say OK for the trailer which I am keeping my eye
I saw a Youtube video a while back where the circuit tester works. The only possible draw back is for people with factory tow I think maybe some of the cameras and other things may be affected when it "detects" a trailer connected.
I tested it yesterday and it does disable ASS but you get an error that cross traffic sensors are disabled because you have a trailer installed even in your rear views' of your broncos icon which is cool but I like the cross traffic sensor hmmm!!!
Sponsored