First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Those FE 390 V8's are going to look SICK under that hood!

But unless you motor swapped, pretty cool to do a nice hood so you don't have to show anyone the engine bay.

Ford Bronco New ADV Ram Air Hood freshly painted & installed 6601451A-4FAC-4308-873E-0257FB54C821
Perfect hood for a Liquid to Air intercooler top mounted upgrade!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Perfect hood for a Liquid to Air intercooler top mounted upgrade!
Mishimoto makes one, just need to fabricate some brackets.

Not like you're hurting esthetics any by making mounting brackets tabbed onto the engine. You're never opening a Bronco hood to show anything off.

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those FE 390 V8's are going to look SICK under that hood!

But unless you motor swapped, pretty cool to do a nice hood so you don't have to show anyone the engine bay.

Ford Bronco New ADV Ram Air Hood freshly painted & installed 6601451A-4FAC-4308-873E-0257FB54C821
... I'm never opening my hood in public... it looks like an orgy of naked Dysans under there. 😱

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mishimoto makes one, just need to fabricate some brackets.

Not like you're hurting esthetics any by making mounting brackets tabbed onto the engine. You're never opening a Bronco hood to show anything off.
Hi Ricky, Mishimoto does make a universal one for less than the Whipple A2A intercooler, and with getting a heat exchanger to match you will still come in a little lower than the $950 price point. From that point, it will be a custom bracket over the intake and new hoses to connect. I would like Mishimoto to develop a vehicle-specific one for the Bronco cleaning up the engine bay, reducing turbocharge pipes by 50%, and allowing for even more performance mods in the future should one want to "Chill" their intercooler with their A/C system i.e. Universal | Heat Exchangers - Intercoolers - SuperChargers - Killer Chiller. With the vehicle-specific version, the price point will be higher but for a professional appearance, I would be willing to pay the price.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi Ricky, Mishimoto does make a universal one for less than the Whipple A2A intercooler, and with getting a heat exchanger to match you will still come in a little lower than the $950 price point. From that point, it will be a custom bracket over the intake and new hoses to connect. I would like Mishimoto to develop a vehicle-specific one for the Bronco cleaning up the engine bay, reducing turbocharge pipes by 50%, and allowing for even more performance mods in the future should one want to "Chill" their intercooler with their A/C system i.e. Universal | Heat Exchangers - Intercoolers - SuperChargers - Killer Chiller. With the vehicle-specific version, the price point will be higher but for a professional appearance, I would be willing to pay the price.

If you're down for dropping $1,050 (plus shipping/sales tax) plus paint on the hood then the Air-to-water intercooler/exchanger cost shouldn't be an concern.

It looks great, but it's only cosmetic. Time to get some performance from it!

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So is it functional? As in it directs air to the air box?
It is functional but does not direct air into the intake, instead, it would provide cooling to the engine bay compartment as a whole. If you had a top-mounted Liquid to Air Intercooler on top of the intake it would help keep the intercooler from heat soaking.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Subaru envy? 🤷‍♂️

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you're down for dropping $1,050 (plus shipping/sales tax) plus paint on the hood then the Air-to-water intercooler/exchanger cost shouldn't be an concern.

It looks great, but it's only cosmetic. Time to get some performance from it!
For now, the aftermarket air scoop hood is super low priority, Performance and function are at the top of the list, but after all the hard upgrades if this compliments the function of my set-up then I would be willing to pay that amount.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Subaru envy? 🤷‍♂️
I live in California and ambient temperatures reach above 110 F. I consider getting the Whipple performance kit with the A2A intercooler which requires deleting the active air shutter because aftermarket A2A are larger. After reviewing L2A systems and looking at my engine bay, it is obvious there are some great performance perks that one can get with routing the system like Subura's. Especially when you deleting 50% of the turbo charge pipes which are excessively long runs.