First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is my thread on my 2 door Heritage build. As a 22 year old many years ago I had a 66 and then a 74 bronco. So when they announced the new Bronco I new I needed to reproduce an old classic. I started with a base 2 door automatic, In velocity blue. So far I have added a rough country 2” level kit. 1.something in the 2.something in the rear. And had custom built Wheelsmith wheels made. They are 17x8 steel smoothies, with 30mm offset. Interceptor caps with custom designed vinyl graphics. And modified old school fender badge with the “sport” removed. My next step will be the top painted in matching off white to the wheels. Should be done with that in a couple weeks.

29069CAA-03E7-4326-8D90-BDA6817BAACC.jpeg

C5C3D4C0-83C9-4C5A-AF0C-CFAEF92A883A.jpeg

179D9754-3415-4337-B066-ED6BF44A8646.jpeg

12885B56-2DDA-4CD7-8EA3-BA3DF8F1496E.jpeg

883E07D6-8B97-42A6-8456-70D4F63A0079.jpeg

5925422F-B14D-4849-BCCE-9559204B4CDD.jpeg

C62596E3-3484-49EC-AC52-B88EDCABA0DB.jpeg

E46231C4-3140-4C2E-8FA5-F4941338B63B.jpeg
Love what you’re doing with this. Very similar to how I’m planning to build my WT two-door being built this week. Where did you get that emblem and how did you mount it? All of those I’ve seen for sale online use clips. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love what you’re doing with this. Very similar to how I’m planning to build my WT two-door being built this week. Where did you get that emblem and how did you mount it? All of those I’ve seen for sale online use clips. Thanks in advance!
Thank you. The emblem is the standard one with the pins. I just cut off and filed down the pins and mounted it with double sided tape. I also dremeled off the “sport “ part and repainted the red.

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not embarrassed to admit it--you probably noticed me but I totally saw you Saturday morning in Springville and flipped a U (McDonalds/Joe Bandidos intersection) to get a better look. Fantastic job. I live in Mapleton and if I ever get my 2D VB Badlands Sasquatch (4/13/21 res, 10/15/21 order) maybe I'll see you around town. Was the protocol ever decided? Are we waving, finger point, winking?

Which dealer did you go through? I'm at Tim Dahle in SF and it feels like everything is going to go smoothly, but I worry sometimes as I read the horror stories here.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not embarrassed to admit it--you probably noticed me but I totally saw you Saturday morning in Springville and flipped a U (McDonalds/Joe Bandidos intersection) to get a better look. Fantastic job. I live in Mapleton and if I ever get my 2D VB Badlands Sasquatch (4/13/21 res, 10/15/21 order) maybe I'll see you around town. Was the protocol ever decided? Are we waving, finger point, winking?

Which dealer did you go through? I'm at Tim Dahle in SF and it feels like everything is going to go smoothly, but I worry sometimes as I read the horror stories here.
I am sure I saw you. I get a lot of people turning around and waving and giving the 👍 I got mine from LHM In provo. I have heard some things with Tim dahle. Hopefully they will hold to the sticker price for you. You never know what is true about dealerships. The guys in provo have been awesome. Hope to see you cruising around soon

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. The emblem is the standard one with the pins. I just cut off and filed down the pins and mounted it with double sided tape. I also dremeled off the “sport “ part and repainted the red.
Thanks — that’s what I figured was necessary. Happy to know that actually works. May request a bit more info how exactly how you precisely applied the adhesive to the emblem and made the “sport” script disappear (although it may be fun to further confuse folks…). Have you considered painting or otherwise modifying your grille?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks — that’s what I figured was necessary. Happy to know that actually works. May request a bit more info how exactly how you precisely applied the adhesive to the emblem and made the “sport” script disappear (although it may be fun to further confuse folks…). Have you considered painting or otherwise modifying your grille?
I used double sided gorilla tape and applied it to the emblem. Then used an exacto knife to cut away the excess tape. Then applied it to the fender and used a hair dryer to heat it up to stick better. I dremeled the sport off then repainted red. As for the grill I am having it painted this week along with the top. So I will post some updates next week when I pick it up.

est1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Ford F1
Your Bronco Model
Base
I first tried a 16” smoothie in the same design but the rim would not clear the brake calipers. So I went with the 17.
Curious how you confirmed 16s wouldn't clear? I order some American Racing Baja 16x8. They said they checked the specs to ensure they'd fit before I ordered. We'll find out in a few weeks....

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious how you confirmed 16s wouldn't clear? I order some American Racing Baja 16x8. They said they checked the specs to ensure they'd fit before I ordered. We'll find out in a few weeks....
I had US wheels press a steel wheel together for me with the offset I wanted. And had them shipped out to me. They said I could return it sense it wasn’t welded together. I mounted it on a bronco at the dealership and it hit. But I think I because of the steel wheel design you have to have a more negative offset for it to work. I wanted a more factory offset.

est1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Ford F1
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had US wheels press a steel wheel together for me with the offset I wanted. And had them shipped out to me. They said I could return it sense it wasn’t welded together. I mounted it on a bronco at the dealership and it hit. But I think I because of the steel wheel design you have to have a more negative offset for it to work. I wanted a more factory offset.
Much appreciated. I'm doing a 0 offset, so we'll see.
You have a beautiful rig by the way. Excited to see the top. We're getting EG, and would love to pull the trigger on a white top, old school wheels, and vintage interior. Any plans for your interior?

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Much appreciated. I'm doing a 0 offset, so we'll see.
You have a beautiful rig by the way. Excited to see the top. We're getting EG, and would love to pull the trigger on a white top, old school wheels, and vintage interior. Any plans for your interior?
Thank you for the compliment. I have thought about the interior. I would love to pull off some houndstooth look. But I think that would be off in the future for now.

Sponsored

est1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Ford F1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the compliment. I have thought about the interior. I would love to pull off some houndstooth look. But I think that would be off in the future for now.
Hilarious! We have very similar taste apparently. My wife's 70 Mustang has Houndstooth, and we'd like it in our Bronco someday.
Cheers!

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used double sided gorilla tape and applied it to the emblem. Then used an exacto knife to cut away the excess tape. Then applied it to the fender and used a hair dryer to heat it up to stick better. I dremeled the sport off then repainted red. As for the grill I am having it painted this week along with the top. So I will post some updates next week when I pick it up.
Thanks much. Can’t wait to see the next evolution (don’t think “final result” will apply for awhile…).

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok so the next step is complete. I just got him back from the paint shop last night. I didn’t think that it could get better than spending a week in Hawaii. But this sure made a lot easier to come home from the trip. I had it painted it the same off white that the wheels were done in. I am sure people will be asking about the grill, but I am not sharing that yet. A little good info on the grill. If you are thinking of painting a base grill be warned it has a lot of texture to it. I was going to color match the outside rim of the grill but when we tried to mask off for the second color the paint would bleed through because of the texture. So we have painted it white for now, and hit it with about 7 coats of clear to get a smooth finish. In a few weeks we will go back and do the color match. I will say this even the big white grill and top look sooo much better in person. I have a huge smile on my face 😁😁

2415CD01-02FE-491B-8BCD-36E41D4DBFF7.jpeg

1ADF812A-1D2A-4E47-B241-3E63E0CBF528.jpeg

2C972208-656A-4B08-88E3-40FA20A7008C.jpeg

3AD92078-6CBE-4B70-AE99-ACEFBC0B9A9A.jpeg

E4A56A22-B49D-48F6-BB3F-B430BFACB8C6.jpeg

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

looks great, did they mention if the top’s paint would last a long time?
Sponsored