MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any concern about cleaning the top? It looks fantastic. I have wanted a white top on my two door order from the get go. Applying paint to the MIC caused me concern since I have experienced paint on plastics and the like. Well done.
Sponsored

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco Beach.jpg
Here's the build so far (Few weeks in)
Reserved: 1-14-20
Built: 1-6-2022
Delivered, FL: 1-19-2022

Base 2Dr. 2.7 Auto, AUX Switches, Modular Bumper and Keypad are the only options I got. Out the door Price with tax, xplan and price protection $36,404.

I want to have a very subtle throwback look. I don't want to overdo it and make it look to much like a cartoon character car.

The journey so far:
I purchased through Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, FL. They have no dealer fee's and would honor MSRP and XPlan (Internally). I had my XPlan pricing and PIN through the Mustang Club program (I don't own a Mustang, but for $35 it saved me hundreds). Even though I had my valid pin printed out they required my membership card (Never got one, and it can't be printed out online). A bit of a pain but we worked it out. The 2021-2022 Price protection was a bit of a snafu. The dealer hadn't experience it yet, and assumed Ford just sent me a check. I had to stay on them, and a day before I picked it up the protection finally showed up in their system. Pick up was easy, most of the paperwork was done in advance. It was the first Eruption Green they had seen and the sales reps really were checking it out as I was picking it up to do the final paperwork. I didn't have a trade, and Mullinax offered free delivery to Tampa Bay 90 miles away and drove it home for me.

Delivery1.jpg

Above: Pics From Sales Rep Upon Delivery To The Dealer

Bronco Pickup.jpg

Above Pic: First View At Pick-Up (Final Paperwork)

Bronco Emblem.jpg

Above Pic: Added Script

Brush Guard Letters.jpg

Above Pic: Lettering and Pre-Runner Bar first night (Kind of installed)

I had pre-purchased a few items prior to delievery that the first night I installed:
Sticker Fab Pre-Cut letters. https://www.stickerfab.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco I liked the red "R" look. (Can't remember cost, but probably under $20)

Bronco Script from Bronco Depot USA https://www.broncodepotusa.com/ (Also don't remember cost, but maybe around $50) They seem to be out of business these days, but great product.

Tow Hooks Amazon, about $60

JCR Offroad Pre-Runner Hoop. https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-P.html I bought this on their Black Friday sale, $199, shipping included.

Everything but the Hoop went on with ease. I had seen some other posts, some it just bolted right on, others had to work it in a little bit. For me the bolts were way off, compared to the bumper "Bronco Bolt" holes. It was off a couple of inches. I came to the realization it was above my ability to fix. I found a local shop in Seminole, FL Tony's Total Performance, they do some SEMA level builds. This was easy for them. https://www.ttpfab.com/ They think it was either early first run that just wasn't dialed in (Common with parts on a new vehicle) or in shipping it may have been tweaked just enough. They needed 3 guys and a ratchet strap, but lined everything up. $220 later, we were in business, I guess that JCROffroad has it on their site now for $499 and I was $419 into it installed I guess I'm ahead??

Brush Guard Not Fit.jpg

Brush Guard Not Fit2.jpg

Above Pics Pre-Runner Bar not lining up

Tires were a must. I've been back and fourth on wheels, do I keep the Steelies, do I keep and paint white, or black? Do I go with an old school, Mickey Thompson style polished aluminum? In the end (for now at least) I decided to keep the steelies and go with BFG K02 285/75R16. No rubbing, and I think the look really works. Mavis Tire in St Pete $1,475 out the door, balanced and aligned.

EG2.jpg

Tint Was next $250 at Window Kote in St Petersburg. They have done a half dozen cars for me in the past and do excellent work.

So the last and biggest project(s) was a hitch and the top painted white. Watching this forum for months I decided against wraps or paint on the MIC. A local good body shop even said, not to paint it. They as well recommended LineX. I stopped by LineX of South Tampa about a year before the Bronco was actually delivered and met Crystal, who was a huge Bronco fan and serious off-roader. https://www.tampalinex.com/ She was excited to help. They were able to match the Wimbledon White Ford paint code to make it "period correct". I brought the Bronco by, they installed the hitch and removed the top to paint. To my luck it was about 40 degrees and it started raining on my way home, Yuk. They installed and wired a Curt hitch $490. LineX the top white was $800. Below pics of the final project.

Hitch.jpg

Above: Curt Hitch

Topless.jpg

Above Pic: Top off. I think the 2Dr looks really good without the top on

Top Prep.jpg

Above Pic: Top Prep

Beach2.jpg

Beach3.jpg

BroncoWhite.jpg

BroncoWhiteAbove.jpg

CloseUpLineX.jpg

So next projects:
I want to put some round lights on the bumper centered under the hoop.
Some driving/fog lights in the bumper.
A rack of some sort, I regret not getting the factory rack, but it probably helped me get the Bronco faster.
Maybe round lights across the roof (people say it's super loud). Not a daily driver for me.
Step Rails/Rock Rails to get in easier
Ditch lights

Any ideas (this place is great) I'm all ears.

Love the truck so far!!
Your linex top looks great. I have Race Red, can they color match nowadays? Haven't Linex'd anything in 10 years or so and they didn't have much options then.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great!! I'd be curious to see how much weight the Line-X added to the top.

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any concern about cleaning the top? It looks fantastic. I have wanted a white top on my two door order from the get go. Applying paint to the MIC caused me concern since I have experienced paint on plastics and the like. Well done.
Shouldn't be. The LineX coating adheres to the MIC top better than paint ever would. At least that's what body shops said, and why they recommended LineX over paint. The paint then is on top of the LineX as is a clear coat. They said automatic car washes are just fine. He just wouldn't hold a high powered spray wand right up to it. I've had a spray wand cut Gelcoat off a boat before, so they have some power.

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your linex top looks great. I have Race Red, can they color match nowadays? Haven't Linex'd anything in 10 years or so and they didn't have much options then.
Yup, they can match any color. They paint over the black LineX. They can use a color code or they can take a paint chip to match. Pretty much unlimited.

Sponsored
OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great!! I'd be curious to see how much weight the Line-X added to the top.
Didn't appear to be much. The Clamshell top on the 2dr is pretty small and mostly glass. I doubt it was even a few pounds at most. The front pop tops still moved around with one hand. No noticeable difference.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco Beach.jpg

Base 2Dr. 2.7 Auto, AUX Switches, Modular Bumper and Keypad are the only options I got. Out the door Price with tax, xplan and price protection $36,404.

I want to have a very subtle throwback look. I don't want to overdo it and make it look to much like a cartoon character car.

The journey so far:
I purchased through Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, FL. They have no dealer fee's and would honor MSRP and XPlan (Internally). I had my XPlan pricing and PIN through the Mustang Club program (I don't own a Mustang, but for $35 it saved me hundreds). Even though I had my valid pin printed out they required my membership card (Never got one, and it can't be printed out online). A bit of a pain but we worked it out. The 2021-2022 Price protection was a bit of a snafu. The dealer hadn't experience it yet, and assumed Ford just sent me a check. I had to stay on them, and a day before I picked it up the protection finally showed up in their system. Pick up was easy, most of the paperwork was done in advance. It was the first Eruption Green they had seen and the sales reps really were checking it out as I was picking it up to do the final paperwork. I didn't have a trade, and Mullinax offered free delivery to Tampa Bay 90 miles away and drove it home for me.

Delivery1.jpg

Bronco Pickup.jpg

Bronco Emblem.jpg

Brush Guard Letters.jpg

I had pre-purchased a few items prior to delievery that the first night I installed:
Sticker Fab Pre-Cut letters. https://www.stickerfab.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco I liked the red "R" look. (Can't remember cost, but probably under $20)

Bronco Script from Bronco Depot USA https://www.broncodepotusa.com/ (Also don't remember cost, but maybe around $50) They seem to be out of business these days, but great product.

JCR Offroad Pre-Runner Hoop. https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-P.html I bought this on their Black Friday sale, $199, shipping included.

Everything but the Hoop went on with ease. I had seen some other posts, some it just bolted right on, others had to work it in a little bit. For me the bolts were way off, compared to the bumper "Bronco Bolt" holes. It was off a couple of inches. I came to the realization it was above my ability to fix. I found a local shop in Seminole, FL Tony's Total Performance, they do some SEMA level builds. This was easy for them. https://www.ttpfab.com/ They think it was either early first run that just wasn't dialed in (Common with parts on a new vehicle) or in shipping it may have been tweaked just enough. They needed 3 guys and a ratchet strap, but lined everything up. $220 later, we were in business, I guess that JCROffroad has it on their site now for $499 and I was $419 into it installed I guess I'm ahead??

Brush Guard Not Fit.jpg

Brush Guard Not Fit2.jpg

Tires were a must. I've been back and fourth on wheels, do I keep the Steelies, do I keep and paint white, or black? Do I go with an old school, Mickey Thompson style polished aluminum? In the end (for now at least) I decided to keep the steelies and go with BFG K02 285/75R16. No rubbing, and I think the look really works. Mavis Tire in St Pete $1,475 out the door, balanced and aligned.

EG2.jpg

Tint Was next $250 at Window Kote in St Petersburg. They have done a half dozen cars for me in the past and do excellent work.

So the last and biggest project(s) was a hitch and the top painted white. Watching this forum for months I decided against wraps or paint on the MIC. A local good body shop even said, not to paint it. They as well recommended LineX. I stopped by LineX of South Tampa about a year before the Bronco was actually delivered and met Crystal, who was a huge Bronco fan and serious off-roader. https://www.tampalinex.com/ She was excited to help. They were able to match the Wimbledon White Ford paint code to make it "period correct". I brought the Bronco by, they installed the hitch and removed the top to paint. To my luck it was about 40 degrees and it started raining on my way home, Yuk. They installed and wired a Curt hitch $490. LineX the top white was $800. Below pics of the final project.

Hitch.jpg

Topless.jpg

Top Prep.jpg

Beach2.jpg

Beach3.jpg

BroncoWhite.jpg

BroncoWhiteAbove.jpg

CloseUpLineX.jpg

So next projects:
A rack of some sort, I regret not getting the factory rack, but it probably helped me get the Bronco faster.
Maybe round lights across the roof (people say it's super loud). Not a daily driver for me.
Ditch lights

Love the truck so far!!
Wow that looks awesome. I'm waiting for my Base 4Dr to be delivered. The only options I got are HD bumper, brush guard and aux switches. I'm going to run the base tires for awhile and maybe upgrade later. I think it looks good and I'm not into off-roading. Yours look great on the stock rims thought. Any downside of putting 285 tires on a 7" rim? I would think normally they would go on a wider rim.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How much linex would end up on the top? Everybody concerned about weight.... I'd be surprised if the top took a gallon of any of the 3 coats which would add approximately 20 some lbs. How much does a rack weigh?

TailGunner

Badlands
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Beach.jpg

The journey so far:

Delivery1.jpg

Bronco Pickup.jpg

Bronco Emblem.jpg

Brush Guard Letters.jpg

Brush Guard Not Fit.jpg

Brush Guard Not Fit2.jpg

EG2.jpg

Hitch.jpg

Topless.jpg

Top Prep.jpg

Beach2.jpg

Beach3.jpg

BroncoWhite.jpg

BroncoWhiteAbove.jpg

CloseUpLineX.jpg

So next projects:
Ditch lights

Love the truck so far!!
I'm in love! Keep us all posted on how the LineX holds up!

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any downside of putting 285 tires on a 7" rim? I would think normally they would go on a wider rim.
For off-road use putting wider tires on a narrower rim helps keeps the tire from debeading when you air down.

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies 1644964115696

The journey so far:

Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies 1644964115696

So next projects:
Ditch lights

Love the truck so far!!
For fun, can you retake this photo with the new top, as before and after?
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies 1645030482798

This shot looks fantastic but it would be great to get the same shot as the image above. That would give a true before and after shot for everyone to see. Thanks in advance!!
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies 1645030373152

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For fun, can you retake this photo with the new top, as before and after?
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies 1645030373152

This shot looks fantastic but it would be great to get the same shot as the image above. That would give a true before and after shot for everyone to see. Thanks in advance!!
That looks so good! I fully expect Ford to copy your design soon!

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gorgeous!

Sorry if you already mentioned it, but were you originally in the anti-matter blue club? I was and was slightly disappointed when I had to go to the green, but seeing the pictures of yours, I am no longer disappointed.

I also built a base: Block heater, aux switches, and the keyless pad.
Sponsored