First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will link here the thread where this is discussed in more detail, there are pages of discussion on this topic
Hey Tim, any ideas why Forscan changes make a big difference for some, while others it makes no difference at all? Are you experiencing any side effects like chimes not working etc???
Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bravo, sir, very helpful video. Thanks for the minute mark for the Forscan portion; I upgraded the speakers last summer and noticed a huge difference already but this video convinced me to edit in Forscan now too.

Will report back later today on if there’s any noticeable improvement.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Tim, any ideas why Forscan changes make a big difference for some, while others it makes no difference at all? Are you experiencing any side effects like chimes not working etc???
I made the same change, and I've found that occasionally my chimes go off when the doors are open regardless of whether the vehicle is started or not. The chimes do sound louder to me.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to determine audio difference via video is a tricky thing...

In real life how much of a difference do you feel they made? I have tried two different brands that other users said made a difference. I trialed them with 3 different people and everyone agreed they made zero difference.
My subjective opinion: if stock speakers are a 3 out of 10 in audio quality, I would rate this upgrade as a 7 out of 10.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm content with the stock 6 speaker system but I wouldn't be opposed to changing the 4" fronts I guess. Not touching the rears though, I prefer them weak. Amazon has the pair for $55.
If you only replace one pair, the front is definitely the way to go. Use the bass blockers if you do.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made the same change, and I've found that occasionally my chimes go off when the doors are open regardless of whether the vehicle is started or not. The chimes do sound louder to me.
I have been watching sound system threads where Forscan changes are all over the place. Some people get good results, others say there is no change at all? What about you young Jedi?

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't say for sure, but for me the difference is clear if you listen to that audio test, especially at the lower volume levels.

No side effects for me, but I have a Base so I don't have backup chimes or blind spot chimes. It does not change the startup doo-doo-doo chime, that I know for sure.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally got around to installing upgraded 4" speakers in front and rear and made a video that I hope will help others that want to do this as well. This project only costs about $120 so I think the resulting improvement in sound quality is well worth that investment.

I also recorded some before and after audio so that you can hear a 'side by side' comparison of:
1) stock speakers
2) upgraded Infinity Reference speakers
3) upgraded speakers plus the FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800)

Based on my testing, especially at lower volume, the FORScan mod definitely makes a difference. If you want to skip right to that part of the video, go to the 16:30 mark of the video

Thank you to forum members @Roll Sound and @ryannshit and @ASlaugh who all provided useful content that helped guide me

Here is the video:
You mention links to connectors so that you do not have to cut wires. Can't find them in the description.

50Mustang

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the change for FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800) worth doing on a B&O system? I will be able to try it later today, but curious to see if anyone else has already tried it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You mention links to connectors so that you do not have to cut wires. Can't find them in the description.
Yes, there was a forum member @ASlaugh who was selling pre-wired connectors on eBay, but when I went to grab the link it looks like he is no longer doing so. Maybe if he sees this post he can chime in on that.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting...I have not had any such thing but I will keep an ear out and report back if I do.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, there was a forum member @ASlaugh who was selling pre-wired connectors on eBay, but when I went to grab the link it looks like he is no longer doing so. Maybe if he sees this post he can chime in on that.

If you want to make your own. I posted the connectors, pins and pigtails I bought in a different thread. Here is a link to that thread

Ford Bronco Inexpensive yet impactful speaker upgrade plus FORScan mod IMG_7308.JPG

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

3) upgraded speakers plus the FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800)
Thank you for this... Some of these threads while figuring things out can make it difficult to find info. Thanks for linking the thread also... shows what is being changed.

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I basically have to do this -- I've already done the speaker upgrades. Difference is noticeable but not as substantial as other upgrades I've done in the past.

Do you have any resources on where to get a quick rundown on FORscan basics?

Thanks so much for the great vid. Subscribed and anxious to see future projects.

EDIT: For anyone interested in FORSCAN GUIDE
Sponsored

Last edited: