First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah the Kicker Key effectively has two stereo amplifiers built into it. It depends on how you wire it obviously... BUT usually you would put the front two channels (the four speakers up front) on one amp, and the rear two channels (the two pods in the back) on the other amp.

Those gain potentiometers on the Kicker amp simply increases/decreases the overall volume. Doesn't do anything in regards to frequency. If you want more volume out of the rear pods you can simply increase the gain on the Kicker Key for the amplifier associated with rear two channels. And you should set the gain lastā€”after both your Forscan mods and the Kicker auto setup.

Personally I have the gain for both amps (all four channels) set to their lowest setting so I don't blow out the kids sitting in the back seat. But if you don't usually have rear passengers... go crazy if you want more volume out of them. ;)
Whoops! I used the term frequency incorrectly. But, you picked up what I was putting down. I used a PNP harness, Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s how he wired it. Iā€™ll give it a go and increase ever so slightly. Iā€™ll report back.
Sponsored

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It covers everything you'd want to know about the Audio Control Module. Speaker configurations / EQ settings / etc. And yes, the subwoofer shares a setting with one of the rear pod speakers.

Specifically... by default the rear pod speakers is set to "Tweeter" because they are 4" speakers. If you change the setting to "Speaker" it'll send them more power. (Whether you'll actually notice a different or not is questionable, because the factory amp is limited.)
What is the difference sound wise between running the Rear Pods at speaker vs. speaker/tweeter, and then obviously whatever I run the passenger side I will run the same on the driver side but including the sub.
I upgraded the rears from stock to Kicker 4" just to get a bit more quality, and hopefully broader frequency range. Do you envision any downside to changing the rear pod speakers to Tweeter/Speaker? Right now, the pods are very "sharp"...too much treble.
I'm being impatient, since I should probably wait until I have all the hardware installed...
Front top 4" Kickers, 6.75" Kicker sub, and the Fusion amp. The rest of the equipment is arriving Tuesday. I will have bass blockers installed on the front top Kickers. Kick panels staying stock. Rear pods are 4" Kickers, but no bass blockers. I want a fuller range coming out of those.
The challenge with all of this at a high level, is any minor deviation in hardware can deliver very different sound, so the Forscan settings become subjective(?). @RagnarKon ...you're running a Kicker amp. That's an entirely different setup than my Fusion...right?

So, if you were running my configuration....4" kickers top front (w/bass blockers) and rear pods(no bass blockers), stock kick panels, 6.75" Kicker sub a fusion amp driving the sub, what would your Forscan setup look like?

I'm thinking...

727-01-01 382B 2AF1 009A

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the difference sound wise between running the Rear Pods at speaker vs. speaker/tweeter, and then obviously whatever I run the passenger side I will run the same on the driver side but including the sub.
I upgraded the rears from stock to Kicker 4" just to get a bit more quality, and hopefully broader frequency range. Do you envision any downside to changing the rear pod speakers to Tweeter/Speaker? Right now, the pods are very "sharp"...too much treble.
I'm being impatient, since I should probably wait until I have all the hardware installed...
Front top 4" Kickers, 6.75" Kicker sub, and the Fusion amp. The rest of the equipment is arriving Tuesday. I will have bass blockers installed on the front top Kickers. Kick panels staying stock. Rear pods are 4" Kickers, but no bass blockers. I want a fuller range coming out of those.
The challenge with all of this at a high level, is any minor deviation in hardware can deliver very different sound, so the Forscan settings become subjective(?). @RagnarKon ...you're running a Kicker amp. That's an entirely different setup than my Fusion...right?

So, if you were running my configuration....4" kickers top front (w/bass blockers) and rear pods(no bass blockers), stock kick panels, 6.75" Kicker sub a fusion amp driving the sub, what would your Forscan setup look like?

I'm thinking...

727-01-01 382B 2AF1 009A
Speaker vs. Tweeter vs. Speaker/Tweeter just varies the gain and output of those channels.

Fordā€™s very rough definition:
  • Tweeter - 4ā€ and smaller
  • Speaker - 5-1/4ā€ and larger
  • Speaker/Tweeter - A speaker and a tweeter sharing the same channel.
Once you install an amplifier (like the Kicker Key) you likely wonā€™t notice much of a difference between the various settings. But without an amplifier it will make a minor difference.

If you just want a fuller sound out of those rear pods Iā€™d change it to the ā€œSpeakerā€ configuration for now. If that doesnā€™t give you the desired effect (it probably wonā€™t), disable the EQ. That definitely will definitely give you more low-end range out of those rear pods. It wonā€™t sound very good because 4ā€ speakers generally are pretty poor at reproducing low-end sounds, and the factory amp is weak as it isā€¦ but itā€™ll definitely work until the rest of the equipment arrives.

Chances are once you get the subwoofer installed and configure, thatā€™ll provide enough support in the low end that youā€™ll probably be looking to re-activate the EQ and change the speaker config back to Tweeter. But, audio is a very subjective sorta thing, and I definitely encourage people to play around with it.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What started my search for a better explanation for the ACM changes, was when I made the "recommended" change from xx2B to xx00 and started seeing an open speaker 6 error, which corresponds to the settings in the spreadsheet I posted. So, I am convinced that this is correct for the six-speaker system in our Broncos.
I cannot find a reference to a 3800 in terms of what the last 0 doesā€¦
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker
Iā€™m pulling @RagnarKon into this.

Awsum_Al

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Ford Ranger Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cannot find a reference to a 3800 in terms of what the last 0 doesā€¦
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker
Iā€™m pulling @RagnarKon into this.
What speakers are you using? If they are full range then leave it as "B".

Sponsored

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What speakers are you using? If they are full range then leave it as "B".
No question. I'm just curious where this 3800 setting came from since it doesn't seem to adhere to the established values acceptable in this particular setting. I am running Kicker 4" in the dash and the pods. Stock kick panels, all driven by the Kicker Key 200.4, and a 6.75" Kicker sub with the fusion amp.
I know replacing the kick panel speakers and taking the pods to 6.75" Kickers...or an even higher quality speaker (open to suggestions) would dramatically improve the quality of the sound stage, but I'm done for now.
My current forscan config is

727-01-01 382B 16F1 009A
727-01-02 0900 000D 0047

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No. Personally I don't understand why so many people are hung up on cutting a wire and wiring it direct. When I cut the factory plugs off I always leave a little bit of wire on them so if for some reason I would ever want to I could splice them back on. Trust me you won't ever want to put the factory speakers back in.
Same here.
I was able to cut up the old factory kick panel speakers to use the factory wires not needing to cut the connectors, and the base as a spacer. It fit perfectly.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No question. I'm just curious where this 3800 setting came from since it doesn't seem to adhere to the established values acceptable in this particular setting. I am running Kicker 4" in the dash and the pods. Stock kick panels, all driven by the Kicker Key 200.4, and a 6.75" Kicker sub with the fusion amp.
I know replacing the kick panel speakers and taking the pods to 6.75" Kickers...or an even higher quality speaker (open to suggestions) would dramatically improve the quality of the sound stage, but I'm done for now.
My current forscan config is

727-01-01 382B 16F1 009A
727-01-02 0900 000D 0047
I noticed the same thing. Then I found a thread with CyanLabs which gives various settings for Forscan.

https://cyanlabs.net/asbuilt-db/acm3/?search=Front%20Satellite%20Speakers%20(FSS)#database

It would seem the 00 is coded for Non Tweeter Only. Not sure if these are exact matches for Bronco as it lists for F-150.
Sponsored