Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finally got around to installing upgraded 4" speakers in front and rear and made a video that I hope will help others that want to do this as well. This project only costs about $120 so I think the resulting improvement in sound quality is well worth that investment.

I also recorded some before and after audio so that you can hear a 'side by side' comparison of:
1) stock speakers
2) upgraded Infinity Reference speakers
3) upgraded speakers plus the FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800)

Based on my testing, especially at lower volume, the FORScan mod definitely makes a difference. If you want to skip right to that part of the video, go to the 16:30 mark of the video

Thank you to forum members @Roll Sound and @ryannshit and @ASlaugh who all provided useful content that helped guide me

Here is the video:
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this with the standard system or the B&O?

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the video! I actually have the same 4" speakers here waiting for whenever my Bronco shows up.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the video! I actually have the same 4" speakers here waiting for whenever my Bronco shows up.
Cool! I think these speakers are a really good bargain. Not 'top of the line' for sure, but for $110 for 4 it is money well spent.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I probably missed something in another thread, but what is the intended effect if changing the line of code in Forescan? What is 3800 from? Thanks.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally got around to installing upgraded 4" speakers in front and rear and made a video that I hope will help others that want to do this as well. This project only costs about $120 so I think the resulting improvement in sound quality is well worth that investment.

I also recorded some before and after audio so that you can hear a 'side by side' comparison of:
1) stock speakers
2) upgraded Infinity Reference speakers
3) upgraded speakers plus the FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800)

Based on my testing, especially at lower volume, the FORScan mod definitely makes a difference. If you want to skip right to that part of the video, go to the 16:30 mark of the video

Thank you to forum members @Roll Sound and @ryannshit and @ASlaugh who all provided useful content that helped guide me

Here is the video:
Bravo. I am about to tackle this over the next few days

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I probably missed something in another thread, but what is the intended effect if changing the line of code in Forescan? What is 3800 from? Thanks.
I will link here the thread where this is discussed in more detail, there are pages of discussion on this topic

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great video! Speaker swap is a must, even with the B&O.
Thanks! I'd be upset if I paid for the B&O upgrade and still needed to spend money for better audio.

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to determine audio difference via video is a tricky thing...

In real life how much of a difference do you feel they made? I have tried two different brands that other users said made a difference. I trialed them with 3 different people and everyone agreed they made zero difference.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm content with the stock 6 speaker system but I wouldn't be opposed to changing the 4" fronts I guess. Not touching the rears though, I prefer them weak. Amazon has the pair for $55.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trying to determine audio difference via video is a tricky thing...

In real life how much of a difference do you feel they made? I have tried two different brands that other users said made a difference. I trialed them with 3 different people and everyone agreed they made zero difference.
Sam I agree that "trying to determine via video" IS tricky, but I can hear added clarity to the music based on the change of speakers, and then a little more nuanced added clarity with the addition of the forscan change. We'll never get scientific quality data until someone with some binaural mics and decent software runs some testing, but it was clear to me (full disclosure I have crappy hearing) there was a difference for the better. I'm surprised your anecdotal testing offered "zero difference" as the outcome.
Sponsored