First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are there any plug-and-play replacement speakers? I would be fine replacing the speakers, but something about cutting wires in a brand new car really freaks me out.
if you don't want to cut and splice you can easily twist the end of the wire to make it tight then stick it into the wire harness hole that matches the + or - side. Then use electrical tape to hold them in place. See a few people do this.
Sponsored

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is why I asked Urbanranger94 if he had stock speakers still. I believe the stock speakers have filters on them as well as the software limiting output. The sound bar flash removes the software problem but the hardware filters remain.

I think there is a filter on them, and it's the rear enclosure that's adding to the problem. I will say there is no visual difference between them and the front speakers once out of the vehicle though.

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the back of the stock speakers (below the part number) is M5XUN and when you Google that the first hit is "Ford Fiesta high frequency speaker". All 4 speakers front and rear are the same.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the back of the stock speakers (below the part number) is M5XUN and when you Google that the first hit is "Ford Fiesta high frequency speaker". All 4 speakers front and rear are the same.
I can confirm the B&O system gets these same great Fiesta speakers in the rear pods.......

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any plug-and-play replacement speakers? I would be fine replacing the speakers, but something about cutting wires in a brand new car really freaks me out.
Well, with speakers it’s not as freaky as…
2B760E18-E8BF-420D-BD0A-3CC51339DD8E.jpeg

Jgoodwin

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ram 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I made adapters. I think you can buy them now too but I have purchased the connectors and pins a while back. I still haven't installed my speakers yet. Was hoping to tackle it this weekend

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers 2B760E18-E8BF-420D-BD0A-3CC51339DD8E
What are the connectors called. I don't mind making my own. Thank you.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are the connectors called. I don't mind making my own. Thank you.
I bought the connectors and pins from Mouser Electronics. Id recommend ordering several extra pins. They can be messed up pretty easy so having extra on hand is good idea.

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers IMG_7322.JPG

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers IMG_7323.JPG

I bought these wires from Amazon. The Infinity ref speakers that I bought didnt include pigtails. So, I needed those terminals anyway

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 9.37.10 PM

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like you need the JBL flash and get rid of the blockers (via speaker replacements)

But now it begs the question, for all the people that tweaked Forscan and didn't see a difference.... Was it also because they had stock rears?

Any of you guys replace your rear speakers and then try the Forscan trick?

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you need the JBL flash and get rid of the blockers (via speaker replacements)

But now it begs the question, for all the people that tweaked Forscan and didn't see a difference.... Was it also because they had stock rears?

agree. curious to know

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made adapters. I think you can buy them now too but I have purchased the connectors and pins a while back. I still haven't installed my speakers yet. Was hoping to tackle it this weekend

IMG_7308.JPG
Those look great!

I didn't have the patience to order the connectors from Mouser, but rummaging through my connector box I found some Molex KK series 3-pin header strips (middle pin is unused) that were a perfect match for the pin alignment on the factory connectors, but without the shell.

I soldered up some pigtails to them, a few bits of shrink-wrap, and crimped on spade connectors for the speaker end. They slide into the factory connectors with a super-snug fit. They are designed to just be friction lock, there is no chance they are ever vibrating out, but you could always throw a piece of tape over the pair to lock them in place as well. Zero cutting, 100% reversible, less than a couple of bucks to make a pair.

Also, the stock speakers *definitely* have a high-pass capacitor filter built into them. I can't see any value printed on the cap without getting destructive, (which would tell us their crossover frequency) but it would be interesting to see what the value is, and if it is different dash to rear speakers.

Here's my pigtails:

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers Bronco speaker mod - 4

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers Bronco speaker mod - 5

Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers Bronco speaker mod - 6

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those look great!

I didn't have the patience to order the connectors from Mouser, but rummaging through my connector box I found some Molex KK series 3-pin header strips (middle pin is unused) that were a perfect match for the pin alignment on the factory connectors, but without the shell.

I soldered up some pigtails to them, a few bits of shrink-wrap, and crimped on spade connectors for the speaker end. They slide into the factory connectors with a super-snug fit. They are designed to just be friction lock, there is no chance they are ever vibrating out, but you could always throw a piece of tape over the pair to lock them in place as well. Zero cutting, 100% reversible, less than a couple of bucks to make a pair.

Also, the stock speakers *definitely* have a high-pass capacitor filter built into them. I can't see any value printed on the cap without getting destructive, (which would tell us their crossover frequency) but it would be interesting to see what the value is, and if it is different dash to rear speakers.

Here's my pigtails:

nice work man! I would have never thought about adapters like that but they will surely work perfectly!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ack, now I'm pushed to a 22....so without re-reading all 20 pages, does the flash still work for 22 or is it unnecessary? I recall reading that the Forscan doesn't work on 22's....

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I replaced stock rears and did the FORScan mod and I found it definitely made a difference, especially at lower volume levels.

I recorded the before and after audio so you can listen for yourself, see my post on this linked here.
Sponsored