First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What if you’re not into detailing, and don’t plan on entering any car shows?
Then it's up to you whether you can stomach to look at your swirled mess. If you can that's fine. I'll see your car on a sunny day and say "yikes" but its not my car so it really doesn't matter. I just like to spread awareness, not everyone is aware of what those swirl-o-matics are doing to their paint over time.

PKE956

Wildtrak
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wouldn't rock crawling, Baha dune running, tree pin striping, mud sluing, gravel road racing be harder on the paint than a car wash? I suppose if paint is a priority though, you should stick with touch-less wash... & mall crawlin'.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just sharing my first-time carwash of my OBX-soft Top. Crazy how the 360º camera works... awesome!

Dont take your truck thru those type of car washes especially with the soft top.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wouldn't rock crawling, Baha dune running, tree pin striping, mud sluing, gravel road racing be harder on the paint than a car wash? I suppose if paint is a priority though, you should stick with touch-less wash... & mall crawlin'.
Which is why I had mine fully wrapped. Contrary to popular belief it is possible to care about two things simultaneously.

Sponsored

lukasmaximus

Outer Banks
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
probably not as bad as running the entire surface area of your vehicle through a high rpm abrasive brush machine tbh. I'm not a professional detailer, but I care about my vehicles regardless of their purpose and would never put any of them through an auto car wash. Is it going to destroy the paint? No, but it's going to scratch the hell out of it. Just because it's can be driven off road doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of it.

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lmao. If you're using a brush style wash that often your paint is NOT perfect. You may not see it, but anyone in to detailing will.
Glad you've been to my house to see them.... Also glad that you're here to tell me what my eyes, in fact, aren't seeing.:rolleyes:

Plastic windows are fine, no issues to report.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hahahah this forum. first it's an off-road, beat it up suv and we're worried about a car wash. touchless introduces interesting different issues from the high pressure.

i've used them for years, it definitely isn't the greatest for dark colors for swirls but wax once a year and no problem. only concern with brush is if something gets stuck in the actual brushes, then you can take on some scratches.

bottom line is if i want to get a wash i just go to the one i see, if there's an option will go touchless but not a big deal.

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean its just a fact that the brush washes put micro swirls and scratches on your car. Happened to my 4runner. At the end of the day who cares what the guy wants to do with his bronco. I only do touchless with my Bronco but thats just me and everyones different.Do what makes you happy. Take care and congrats on your Bronco! I love my 4 door soft top manual Big Bend!

Sponsored

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Before-after, it was like 5 steps with bubble soaking first, hand wash and final splash with RO water.

Ford Bronco First-time Carwash for OBX Soft-Top IMG_2269

Ford Bronco First-time Carwash for OBX Soft-Top IMG_2269
You would think that Ford would put some kind of car protection film on the vehicles before shipping !!! That is fucking ridiculous!! Just like all the Broncos Sitting on puke mountain rotting in the sun and what ever mother nature throws at them. What if a knarley hail storm circled over puke mountain ???? Dumber things have happened.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These type car washes have come a long way since the first ones that had those plastic brushes. I don't think the new ones will ruin the paint like in the past, but I would definitely be worried about the plastic windows. It wouldn't take much grime to cause a mess of scratches. Myself I prefer the brushless washes, and don't use those often. And, if I ever get my Brocno I'm not sure that big, long soft top could handle the pressure of a brushless wash.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The detergents used in the automatic car wash destroy the UV protection in the top. Just ask Haartz, who makes the tops. It doesn't show up the next day, idiots.

Enjoy buying a new top in a few years, instead of ten, or a lifetime.