First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if these are new or just newly found in my searching but has anyone tried these? I would like to avoid having to make any cuts/splicing to the 4 inch speaker wires. Also, for those knowledgeable what would I look for to future proof my speakers if down the road I wanted to add a small sub and amp?

https://www.saleenperformance.com/products/speaker-harness-kit-2021-bronco-base
2pack on bezos-on was like $12 for the dash/rears. this wouldnt be worth it to me but if it works for you why not
Sponsored

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2pack on bezos-on was like $12 for the dash/rears. this wouldnt be worth it to me but if it works for you why not
The only reason I even posted these was I didn’t know if anybody made the harness yet. $100 is ridiculous, must be paying for the Saleen name.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncogal21 How did your speaker install go? Any recommendations for those of us about to tackle this project?

broncogal21

Big Bend
First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@broncogal21 How did your speaker install go? Any recommendations for those of us about to tackle this project?
Hey! It went great! The Bronco sounds sooo much better now. Great sound and volume with both the top on and off. I did 6 new speakers from Focal and a self-powered Kicker sub as well. HUGE difference and the installation in this vehicle is pretty easy overall. I took pictures of a lot of the steps or things I felt would be helpful so that I could share them internally for our database at Crutchfield, so I’m happy to share anything that you might find helpful. I’ve been meaning to post all about it, but just haven’t had the chance yet.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncogal21 Yes I would love to see the products you used and helpful notes and pictures if you could please.

Sponsored

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

for those who installed under seat subs, where are you grounding ?

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To add to @KAQ how does it not block the vent to the rear?

OP
OP
BroncRik

BroncRik

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey! It went great! The Bronco sounds sooo much better now. Great sound and volume with both the top on and off. I did 6 new speakers from Focal and a self-powered Kicker sub as well. HUGE difference and the installation in this vehicle is pretty easy overall. I took pictures of a lot of the steps or things I felt would be helpful so that I could share them internally for our database at Crutchfield, so I’m happy to share anything that you might find helpful. I’ve been meaning to post all about it, but just haven’t had the chance yet.
looking forward to seeing your setup. I am installing a Kicker Key this weekend that I just bought from Crutchfield.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if these are new or just newly found in my searching but has anyone tried these? I would like to avoid having to make any cuts/splicing to the 4 inch speaker wires. Also, for those knowledgeable what would I look for to future proof my speakers if down the road I wanted to add a small sub and amp?

https://www.saleenperformance.com/products/speaker-harness-kit-2021-bronco-base
I ended up buying them, only for the 4" connectors. The kick panel connectors are identical to what you get from Metra/Crutchfield. Crazy amount of money to be sure, but they're built well and installation took seconds.

For future proofing, I'd make sure to add bass blockers to all of your 4" speakers, as well as some type of sound deadening material in the speaker cavities. Some have used Kilmat/Dynamat; I stuffed all of mine with polyfill and it made a big difference.

Sponsored

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To add to @KAQ how does it not block the vent to the rear?
It will block the vent. The only one I'm aware of that doesn't block the vent is the little Pioneer one. I have the Kenwood under-seat sub and it fully blocks the vent. I was happy to live with that compromise though.

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ended up buying them, only for the 4" connectors. The kick panel connectors are identical to what you get from Metra/Crutchfield. Crazy amount of money to be sure, but they're built well and installation took seconds.

For future proofing, I'd make sure to add bass blockers to all of your 4" speakers, as well as some type of sound deadening material in the speaker cavities. Some have used Kilmat/Dynamat; I stuffed all of mine with polyfill and it made a big difference.
Do you have a brand you can recommend? I am currently researching as I haven't messed with car audio since high-school... in the 90's. I was always a JL fan back then but now I see names like Polk and Memphis towards the top of lists. I plan on adding bass blockers as well as polyfill. I will want the 4" to have a higher sensitivity than the 6.5's...but I do not know what to pick between 2 or 3 way speakers or other differences. In the end I will be running off the stock head unit (might add a sub and amp way later) and just want some punch...mostly listening to stuff like Metallica, Tool or Opeth...nothing bass heavy like rap. Also, not trying to drop $400+ either :LOL:. Suggestions?

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldn’t it have been easier just to upgrade to the B&O and get a factory warranty with it? Personally, I got the standard system, and while it’s not the best system I’ve ever had, it’s pretty good.

I just figured the acoustics would have been a challenge even with the B&O, as I have a hardtop and no carpeting—it’s literally an echo-chamber.

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It will block the vent. The only one I'm aware of that doesn't block the vent is the little Pioneer one. I have the Kenwood under-seat sub and it fully blocks the vent. I was happy to live with that compromise though.
Where did you end up grounding the sub?
Sponsored