Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By chance did you run those to your aux switches?
I did. Just snaked the harness from the lights to the switch cables under the hood and they hooked right in. Super easy set-up.

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Factory rack purchased second hand from this site installed
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies Rack1

Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies Rack2

Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies Rack3

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did. Just snaked the harness from the lights to the switch cables under the hood and they hooked right in. Super easy set-up.
That is good to hear that the switches are easy to use and route wiring. Thanks!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super easy to install, no yelling or swearing which is typical when working on a car.
The same could not be said when I was trying to remove the rack without a helper .... a bit of a PITA.

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP, how is the white top holding up? i know it's still early but figured I'd check in
No issues at all. Looks exactly the same as when I picked it up.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

thanks for the update - it looks awesome. I think I am gonna follow suit when the day comes, whenever that is!

Sponsored

klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
damn...that is one sweet truck!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻LOVE IT! Set the bar way high...doing the same w/my cactus gray 2dr w/steelies...any issues w/the linex thus far? wimbledon white for both, correct?

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn, that looks G-U-D GOOD!!!

The rock rail/side steps I like most so far, are of course the most expensive of the bunch also, LOL!
ZroadZ ..... link

I'd like to see somebody incorporate an upwards flare to act as a mud/debris /road spray shield on to the side step. These things just plaster the sides with crap.

Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies Rack3

What is everyones concern with the Linex, adhesion to the composite top?
I would think that is all in the prep work.

As far as the elements, it's a top notch, well regarded, truck bed liner for cripes sake!!
It was created to withstand severe abuse.

Adding a UV stabilizer into their mix , I'm dead certain, is a brainless decision.
Have you looked at the new Fab Fours rails. Nice angle and good look (IMO)

7A6DC528-3F58-418A-AF2B-66F8D32804A9.jpeg

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, they can match any color. They paint over the black LineX. They can use a color code or they can take a paint chip to match. Pretty much unlimited.
I know Line-X offers an Xtra product that I believe has pigment added to the coating before spraying (I believe) rather than painting over the top. Is my understanding of this wrong? Is this what your shop did or did they actually add a painted layer atop the Line-X, and if so, why?

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know Line-X offers an Xtra product that I believe has pigment added to the coating before spraying (I believe) rather than painting over the top. Is my understanding of this wrong? Is this what your shop did or did they actually add a painted layer atop the Line-X, and if so, why?
I believe the pigment you are thinking of may be the extra UV coating option? People add this to the "raw" truck bed liner to make it look better longer, if it's just the black lineX. I think LineX has like 8-10 base colors but for custom they had to go the below way. I'm not positive if it was a paint or a different layer of LineX that went over the top. I know they sprayed it black first and then sprayed the white over the top. I know it was a PPG coloring as they had to order the special coloring from PPG. I know it has a clear-coat over everything. So I'm not positive if it was just PPG paint and clearcoat that went over the base layer of LineX or a colored LineX. I didn't get too in the weeds with them on that, the LineX people seemed to know their job. But it turned out great whatever it is and it's way more durable than just paint or a wrap would have been.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Easily lifted with two guys on and off. Didn't appear to be much heavier, maybe a few pounds worth of paint? 2D Top is super small, I'm thinking way less than a half gallon. Most of that top is glass other that the actual roof part. But of course some weight was added but not enough to really notice.
What about noise. Do you notice if it is any quieter?
Sponsored