First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is Consumer Reports member survey of long term Jeep Wrangler Reliability, overall, not stellar, by any measure.

CR Jeep Wrangler.jpg
5 issues in the last 5 years? I honestly don’t care as I don’t own a Jeep now do i own stock so their reliability really isn’t any of my concern, I was just posting what I saw.

But for the sake of argument there seems to have been no serious engine, transmission or electrical issues in the last 5-6 years which is probably the most important parts. I have zero idea what body integrity means though? I’d imagine most cars would be about the same, average to good across the board.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Aren't the mirrors on the Bronco... foldable?

Should help a fair amount if you dont want them knocked off, lol

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im a current Jeep Gladiator owner and plan on owning/running both. Because I like both and I’m not a 16yr old fanboy. ?‍♂

Again, do you expect Jeep to do a write-up glorifying the Bronco?

Where is Ford’s pro-wrangler pamphlet? I’ll wait ...

JK
You sound like a fan boy to me. ??

Sponsored

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funnily enough, I was actually getting ready to dive into the wrangler rubicon and my friend told me that the bronco was being announced soon... not long after I reserved one.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many times does this have to be brought up ************OFF IDLE TORQUE*************

6.4 > 5.0 > Any Ecoboost. So no, unless you want an F250, Ford does not have anything comparable. Maybe the hybrid, but I've been directly involved in reliability/maintainability analysis in complex military systems, so I don't have much to say to those continually in LALA land thinking a 6.4 OHV V-8 (basically loafing @ 450 HP these days) is not way more reliable than a small engine TT, dual injection, OHC, batteries, and electric motor built in trans setup.
Wow, there's a lot going on here.... First, comparing horsepower numbers while talking off idle torque is a square peg in a round hole. B) If you are in low range with an auto, or in crawl gear with a stick, you're not at idle when the vehicle starts moving. At 2,000 rpm, the small turbo's of the Ecoboost have spooled to 80,000 rpm and both motors are starting to match and shortly surpass V8 torque numbers. Last, The 2.7 is easily tuned to between 500 and 700 hp and TQ with a turbo upgrade, exhaust, and tune .

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, there's a lot going on here.... First, comparing horsepower numbers while talking off idle torque is a square peg in a round hole. B) If you are in low range with an auto, or in crawl gear with a stick, you're not at idle when the vehicle starts moving. At 2,000 rpm, the small turbo's of the Ecoboost have spooled to 80,000 rpm and both motors are starting to match and shortly surpass V8 torque numbers. Last, The 2.7 is easily tuned to between 500 and 700 hp and TQ with a turbo upgrade, exhaust, and tune .
Maybe Jeep just needs to work on a turbo option for their 6. Or an affordable mopar turbo aftermarket option. This is probably the biggest check mark for the bronco. The engine options are solid.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Give it time to do what? grow a front axle?
LOL, give it time and I believe Ford will make the Bronco into a beast that will surpass Jeep in off-roading capabilities.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL, give it time and I believe Ford will make the Bronco into a beast that will surpass Jeep in off-roading capabilities.
The only way for that to happen is if the make a solid axle rig. They may do it, and if they do, it could beat the Wrangler.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow! All that time and effort to point out all the advantages the Wrongler has over the Bronco and yet there's no mention of the #1 feature that comes standard on every Wrongler sooner or later: DEATH WOBBLE!
Don't forget, pre-dented door panels.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Throw in some poor grammar and you can see how quickly they typed this up... They are shitting their pants right now...
Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide CR Jeep Wrangler

"Customers who want even more...... tires ON the Rubicon from Mopar." <--- fixed it for ya dumbasses!!

BTW, my wife's Jeep top leaks like a sieve... any chance you guys can spend a little less on propaganda and a little more on fixing a WELL KNOWN ISSUE with your prized Jeeps... thanks
Agree.....my buddy is the biggest Jeep guy around and he came over last night at my request to help me decide between a two or four door Bronco. He was a great sport about it and actually loved the Bronco. Anyways, he went on complaining that he wakes up every morning after a hard rain to find his carpet soaked inside his three year old Wrangler.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.